First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of my ‘22 Badlands in March. It was one of two 1st day reservations that I converted late. It has been excellent. Four door, cactus, lux, hard top, leather, 2.7, tow, etc. I decided to convert the 2nd reservation the day before the order banks closed in April. So I ordered a velocity Wildtrak with a hard top, leather, lux, tow, rack, HOSS 3.0, side graphic delete, and the good mats. It has shipped and is about a week or so out from delivery. I really want the HOSS, but I really like my cactus badlands. No, I can’t keep both. I have already done wheels, tires, tint, and PPF on the badlands. What would you guys do?
Sponsored

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I took delivery of my ‘22 Badlands in March. It was one of two 1st day reservations that I converted late. It has been excellent. Four door, cactus, lux, hard top, leather, 2.7, tow, etc. I decided to convert the 2nd reservation the day before the order banks closed in April. So I ordered a velocity Wildtrak with a hard top, leather, lux, tow, rack, HOSS 3.0, side graphic delete, and the good mats. It has shipped and is about a week or so out from delivery. I really want the HOSS, but I really like my cactus badlands. No, I can’t keep both. I have already done wheels, tires, tint, and PPF on the badlands. What would you guys do?
Honestly, I would sell the one you put all the work into. I bet you can get over market value if you trade it in or sell it. Who knows how long Ford is going to do the Bronco, so I would want the one I am going to love the longest. I'm not sure what the difference is between WT and BL, but I would also think about how unique your blue one will be compared to all the cactus roaming around.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swap your wheels & tires onto the VB HOSS 3.0 WT. Giving up BL sta-bar disco for Fox shocks & the BRaptor steering rack? No brainer. Do it...enjoy... don't look back.

Sell the CG BL with tint & PPF (& WT wheels) for more than you have into it. It will sell before your first WT payment is due.

You may already know this, but in some states, trade-in values reduce the taxable amount on the transaction (in other words, if the trade in was the same or higher than the new car... the new car is not taxed at all). The tax on that vehicle was already been collected by the state on the first sale. If that's the case where you live, I'm sure your dealer will pay you a premium to get your BL into dealer stock for some steep ADM... and you get the WT tax-free (sorta). If you sell the BL private party, you'll pay the tax on the WT.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Swap your wheels & tires onto the VB HOSS 3.0 WT. Giving up BL sta-bar disco for Fox shocks & the BRaptor steering rack? No brainer. Do it...enjoy... don't look back.

Sell the CG BL with tint & PPF (& WT wheels) for more than you have into it. It will sell before your first WT payment is due.

You may already know this, but in some states, trade-in values reduce the taxable amount on the transaction (in other words, if the trade in was the same or higher than the new car... the new car is not taxed at all). The tax on that vehicle was already been collected by the state on the first sale. If that's the case where you live, I'm sure your dealer will pay you a premium to get your BL into dealer stock for some steep ADM... and you get the WT tax-free (sorta). If you sell the BL private party, you'll pay the tax on the WT.
This... not mention all the issues with the 2.7

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OMG I wish I knew what dealer is getting all these. You are lucky and in a great position. Dude take off all the parts you love that you added to Badlands,trade it in or sell it super fast and get the Hoss 3.0. No brainer to me.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the WT has the good mats, well........I think I know which way you're leaning

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the WT also a four door?

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

keep the bl. disconnects and all the work is done.

this is funny though, the conundrum i purchased two 60k vehicles and don't know which to keep.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion, depends what you are doing and how log you are keeping it.

You doing a bunch of rock climbing / Moab-type trails, keep the Badlands. High speed desert running in the middle of Arizona... go Wildtrak.

If you plan on keeping the Bronco forever, the I would lean towards Wildtrak. At some point that sway-bar disconnect system will need to be serviced and that will not be be cheap since it is a vehicle-specific component.

Swap the HOSS 3.0 to the Badlands. If they are both Squatched it would be an easy swap.
Now this is a hellofa good idea. Suspension swap should be easy. Swapping out the steering components not quite as easy, but should be possible.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You got time to wait until you see it and get a chance to drive it to make a decision. But I'd plan to go with the Hoss and swap out all the upgrades you can. I think that Hoss will be great for resale but more importantly, the ride itself. Good problem to have though.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OMG I wish I knew what dealer is getting all these. You are lucky and in a great position. Dude take off all the parts you love that you added to Badlands,trade it in or sell it super fast and get the Hoss 3.0. No brainer to me.
Exactly.

How crazy do you want to get? He has a rare opportunity to swap over anything else he wants... without paying parts counter prices...

... from the BL orange-stitching leather and all the orange interior bits (great contrast to the VB, imho.)...

... and if he wants to go large... the entire sta-bar disco and hero button pad set-up (and probably a couple hours of FORScan trial and error, including rock crawl activation) and have the ultimate non-Raptor (BadTrak? WildLands?). Epic.

*... sorry to the buyer of his castrated BL. 😔

... and yeah... I realize he's a day 1 guy..
but where the hell are orders getting picked up this fast? 😳
Sponsored