Sponsored

Inadequate Headlight Brightness. Aftermarket head light recommendations?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Folks, don't know who doesn't think so, but factories are horrible. These days we expect much better than what we got. After adjusting and adding some @Diode Dynamics fogs, I'm almost happy.

Holding out for the @Form Lighting ones myself....how many great bottles of scotch is that???

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would agree that on my non-signature headlights, the difference between low and high beam isn't that great, and the low beam cutoff line isn't all that well defined.

Part of that is using auto-highbeam, the Bronco fades the high beams in and out, so you don't notice it coming on as much.

If I flip the high beams on manually , yeah, I can see a difference, but it isn't night and day different.

I added some DD fog lamps recently (Pro Yellow SAE Fog) - and they as bright, if not brighter than my headlamps by far, with a much wider field of view, but they don't project quite as far down the road though (being a fog lens, that's intentional - and I have offroad sets of Combo and Driving I can use). With the fog lamps on I really can't even notice the auto-highbeam coming on and off at all. I think the Fog set augments the OEM headlamp fairly well.

It was really amazing how much brighter to DD's were than the stock headlamp, even though they are in the foglamp pocket of my bumper. There is absolutely no comparison to the stock fog lamps from my plastic bumper.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went Morimoto, don't regret it.

Last night I was driving on the highway, some old woman 4 cars ahead of me was driving her prius 70, I flashed the car in front of me and they all got out of my way:cool:

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would agree that on my non-signature headlights, the difference between low and high beam isn't that great, and the low beam cutoff line isn't all that well defined.

Part of that is using auto-highbeam, the Bronco fades the high beams in and out, so you don't notice it coming on as much.

If I flip the high beams on manually , yeah, I can see a difference, but it isn't night and day different.

I added some DD fog lamps recently (Pro Yellow SAE Fog) - and they as bright, if not brighter than my headlamps by far, with a much wider field of view, but they don't project quite as far down the road though (being a fog lens, that's intentional - and I have offroad sets of Combo and Driving I can use). With the fog lamps on I really can't even notice the auto-highbeam coming on and off at all. I think the Fog set augments the OEM headlamp fairly well.

It was really amazing how much brighter to DD's were than the stock headlamp, even though they are in the foglamp pocket of my bumper. There is absolutely no comparison to the stock fog lamps from my plastic bumper.
Exactly my experience. I am looking for both brighter low and brighter high beams. Driving on winding two lane highways at night with the OEM (non signature) LEDs is an adventure. I will actually flip on my light bar when there are no incoming vehicles or someone in front of me. The bar is wired to AUX2 which makes it easy to turn off in a hurry but I am technically in violation of the law doing so.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Exactly my experience. I am looking for both brighter low and brighter high beams. Driving on winding two lane highways at night with the OEM (non signature) LEDs is an adventure. I will actually flip on my light bar when there are no incoming vehicles or someone in front of me. The bar is wired to AUX2 which makes it easy to turn off in a hurry but I am technically in violation of the law doing so.
Not sure how the difference between the regular and Signature headlamps is - I think the signature has a small bump in brightness on paper, but sometimes that translates differently to real world experience.

My wife has a BSport with Signature lights - and they are drastically better than my Bronco non-signature ones. The low beam cutoff line is very sharp and distinct, and the high beams illuminate very well. There is no fade in/out on high beams, but you can definitely tell when High beams are on versus not, unlike my high beams. That car also sits a lot closer to the ground, so that may be part of it as well.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's how you know stock lights suck, because those @Diode Dynamics do NOT!!! So amazingly bright...gotta call that the best thing I've put on the horse.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If BD wants to get into the headlight game, I will take one for the team and volunteer my vehicle as a test bed. As a former test pilot, I am familiar with such things. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored