Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never received an error either after driving 5 miles without any sensors. Monitor just continued to read the old psi rating.
It's been 500 miles now, I don't think it ever will. The only downside here is no real time monitoring. I'll pick up some better ones eventually.
Sponsored

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put some Ranger takeoff wheels on my base bronco. I thought the sensors paired up. But then I realized my Bronco was still reading it's original tires in the garage 50 feet away. I proved it by lowering the pressure on one of the original tires in the garage and got a warning of a low tire.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a counter opinion: I too recommend Tire Rack. What you get are Schraeder Brand stems of the correct frequency.

In the event a cheap sensor craps out before a tire change, the savings is lost in paying a shop to replace them. I look at it as a good investment.

Turbo NY

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 outlander/ 1996 eclipse GS-T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
These things are so damn cheap now. I've been ignoring the dead one on my Expy for a year. The Expy takes the old band sensors and those are over 200 bucks

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These things are so damn cheap now. I've been ignoring the dead one on my Expy for a year. The Expy takes the old band sensors and those are over 200 bucks
I think many stem sensors are backwards compatible. I switched a 07 Explorer from bands to stems.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently these particular sensors report the same pressure no matter what. I've had my PSI all over the place and they always report 38-39. I'm withdrawing my recommendation, don't buy.
It's been 500 miles now, I don't think it ever will. The only downside here is no real time monitoring. I'll pick up some better ones eventually.
Question: Did you ever attempt to sync the new TPMS sensor(s) with a Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool [Motorcraft 8C2Z-1A203-AB] in the vehicle’s TPMS training mode?

It’s pretty cheap on Amazon (~$39), and appears to be genuine OEM.

Ford Bronco Inexpensive TPMS sensors 12ED4C3C-50E9-4CD2-ABF1-7BC9ECAF03A1

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-8C2Z-1A203-A-8C2Z-1A203-A-TRANSMITTER-TPMS-C/dp/B001H1O6HE

The training procedure is listed below*

++++++++

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPMS) SENSOR TRAINING

NOTE: If the vehicle has been stationary for more than 30 minutes, the sensors will go into a "sleep mode" to conserve battery power. It will be necessary to wake them up so they will transmit the latest tire pressure information to the BCM.

NOTE: The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency noise and at least 1 m (3 ft) away from other vehicles equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).

Radio frequency noise is generated by electrical motors and appliance operation, cellular telephones, remote transmitters, power inverters and portable entertainment equipment.

NOTE: If a sensor does not respond to the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool, move the vehicle to rotate the wheels at least one-fourth of a turn and attempt to activate the same sensor again. If the sensor still does not respond, attempt to activate the same sensor again using the customer activation tool (if available). If the sensor still fails to train, attempt to train the sensor with the vehicle doors open.

NOTE: The BCM has a 2-minute time limit between sensor responses. If the BCM does not recognize any 1 of the 4 tire pressure sensors during this time limit, the horn will sound twice and the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT and the entire procedure must be repeated.

NOTE: For vehicles with different front and rear tire pressures the tire pressure sensors must be trained following a tire rotation. Failure to train the sensors will cause the TPMS indicator to illuminate. For vehicles with the same tire pressure for front and rear tires, tire rotation will not affect the system.

STEP 1

Turn the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] to the OFF position, then press and release the brake pedal.

STEP 2

Cycle the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] from the OFF position to the RUN position [Accessory ON position] 3 times [rapidly, ignoring IP messages], ending in the RUN position [Accessory ON position].

STEP 3

Press and release the brake pedal.

STEP 4

Turn the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] to the OFF position.

STEP 5

Turn the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] from the OFF position to the RUN position [Accessory ON position] 3 times [rapidly, ignoring IP messages], ending in the RUN position [Accessory ON position].

The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN LF TIRE.

STEP 6

NOTE: It may take up to 6 seconds to activate a tire pressure sensor. During this time, the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool must remain in place at the valve stem.

Place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the LF tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button on the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the BCM.

STEP 7

Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, [moving clockwise from the previous tire,] place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the RF tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the RF tire pressure sensor.

Ford Bronco Inexpensive TPMS sensors 262B597A-71C6-4045-B189-AA38133BE7EB

STEP 8

NOTE: Do not wait more than 2 minutes between training each sensor or the BCM will time out and the entire procedure must be repeated.

[Moving clockwise from the previous tire,] repeat Step 7 for the RR and LR tires.

The procedure is completed after the last tire has been trained. When the training procedure is complete, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE.

For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure will be verified by turning the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] to the OFF position without the horn sounding. If the horn sounds twice when the switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] is turned to the OFF position, the training procedure was not successful.

++++++++

*Source document attached. [Modifications to account for Bronco’s Engine Start/Stop Button versus keyed ignition switches are noted in brackets.]

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question: Did you ever attempt to sync the new TPMS sensor(s) with a Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool [Motorcraft 8C2Z-1A203-AB] in the vehicle’s TPMS training mode?

It’s pretty cheap on Amazon (~$39), and appears to be genuine OEM.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-8C2Z-1A203-A-8C2Z-1A203-A-TRANSMITTER-TPMS-C/dp/B001H1O6HE

The training procedure is listed below*

++++++++

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPMS) SENSOR TRAINING

NOTE: If the vehicle has been stationary for more than 30 minutes, the sensors will go into a "sleep mode" to conserve battery power. It will be necessary to wake them up so they will transmit the latest tire pressure information to the BCM.

NOTE: The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency noise and at least 1 m (3 ft) away from other vehicles equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).

Radio frequency noise is generated by electrical motors and appliance operation, cellular telephones, remote transmitters, power inverters and portable entertainment equipment.

NOTE: If a sensor does not respond to the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool, move the vehicle to rotate the wheels at least one-fourth of a turn and attempt to activate the same sensor again. If the sensor still does not respond, attempt to activate the same sensor again using the customer activation tool (if available). If the sensor still fails to train, attempt to train the sensor with the vehicle doors open.

NOTE: The BCM has a 2-minute time limit between sensor responses. If the BCM does not recognize any 1 of the 4 tire pressure sensors during this time limit, the horn will sound twice and the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT and the entire procedure must be repeated.

NOTE: For vehicles with different front and rear tire pressures the tire pressure sensors must be trained following a tire rotation. Failure to train the sensors will cause the TPMS indicator to illuminate. For vehicles with the same tire pressure for front and rear tires, tire rotation will not affect the system.

STEP 1

Turn the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] to the OFF position, then press and release the brake pedal.

STEP 2

Cycle the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] from the OFF position to the RUN position [Accessory ON position] 3 times [rapidly, ignoring IP messages], ending in the RUN position [Accessory ON position].

STEP 3

Press and release the brake pedal.

STEP 4

Turn the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] to the OFF position.

STEP 5

Turn the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] from the OFF position to the RUN position [Accessory ON position] 3 times [rapidly, ignoring IP messages], ending in the RUN position [Accessory ON position].

The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN LF TIRE.

STEP 6

NOTE: It may take up to 6 seconds to activate a tire pressure sensor. During this time, the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool must remain in place at the valve stem.

Place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the LF tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button on the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the BCM.

STEP 7

Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, [moving clockwise from the previous tire,] place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the RF tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the RF tire pressure sensor.

STEP 8

NOTE: Do not wait more than 2 minutes between training each sensor or the BCM will time out and the entire procedure must be repeated.

[Moving clockwise from the previous tire,] repeat Step 7 for the RR and LR tires.

The procedure is completed after the last tire has been trained. When the training procedure is complete, the message center (if equipped) will display TIRE TRAINING COMPLETE.

For vehicles not equipped with a message center, successful completion of the training procedure will be verified by turning the ignition switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] to the OFF position without the horn sounding. If the horn sounds twice when the switch [Engine Start/Stop Button] is turned to the OFF position, the training procedure was not successful.

++++++++

*Source document attached. [Modifications to account for Bronco’s Engine Start/Stop Button versus keyed ignition switches are noted in brackets.]

I didn't try that. I have a different set of wheels on now with Discount Tire sensors and have only been putting the others back on for wheeling. The DT sensors didn't work out of the box either but Ford programed them while it was in the shop for the brakes fiasco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.