Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We will be working on an install video soon. We're not going to lie, the install for the 2.7L kit is more involved but you can thank Ford engineers for that.
What's the word on the snorkel for this box?
Sponsored

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear everything worked out for you and we really appreciate the patience! We're not going to lie about the installation but it truly is a little cumbersome with the install but well with it when it's all said and done.

Great Job!
Just wondering how we know this isn't going to throw a code like the dual catch cans I installed? I had to bring CCV side back to stock. Not all that difficult fortunately. Unfortunately, this sounds like would be a major pain in the behind if it were to do the same. FYI, drove about 1500 miles before I got an engine light, and after resetting, took 500 miles to come back. Now I am back to stock. Ford has very tight parameters. 🫤

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We will be working on an install video soon. We're not going to lie, the install for the 2.7L kit is more involved but you can thank Ford engineers for that. 🤪

👍👍👍

We do have a dry filter option for this application (EVO9300). 😁

We actually only offer 2 filter options, dry and oiled.

FYI, our SuperNano-Web dry filter does not need to be washed. Here is a quick video on the cleaning procedure for the dry filters we offer.

We really appreciate your patience and you will not be disappointed withe end result!

You are about 90% correct on this in regards to the air box vs. pipe. There is a bit of engineering that we do in order to mitigate the intake of ambient hot air while increasing the volume at the same time but that would be a conversation for another day. ;)
What's the timeframe on the 2.3 kits getting out? I see that practically every vendor is on backorder.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the timeframe on the 2.3 kits getting out? I see that practically every vendor is on backorder.
There seems to be an issue with 23’s throwing cel’s so that may be part of the hold up?

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There seems to be an issue with 23’s throwing cel’s so that may be part of the hold up?
23 2.7 litre. Mine was at Ford today. They did a flash which was a TSB for one of the codes that mine was throwing earlier with the double catch can from Mishimoto. Although I took that can off and haven't had the code since they flashed it for me anyways. But then there is another thing called an MMS I believe, and it has to do with the code P04DB which is what the cold air intake is throwing. Ends up it needs some sensor replaced which they had to order for me.🫤

Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as I understand, that’s only for the 2.7, correct? @Geronimo has been leading the charge on that issue, but if I remember all the posts right,@Ninjak didn’t have any CELs. Or at least none were me mentioned.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as I understand, that’s only for the 2.7, correct? @Geronimo has been leading the charge on that issue, but if I remember all the posts right,@Ninjak didn’t have any CELs. Or at least none were me mentioned.
Only the 23's, Correct! Had it at the dealership today. They did the TSB for the code that I believe was being thrown by the dual catch can which is not the same code that is caused by the cold air intake from Injen. That flash did not fix the code that I have right now which is P042DB. But there is an issue with the model year 23 2.7 engine throwing that particular code also, It's not considered a service bulletin but it's considered an MMS which I'm not sure what that means. So in the end to fix that problem I believe they have to put a new sensor in that must have to do with the CCV portion of this system also. They told me the part is a week to two weeks out so until then I just have to drive around with the engine light on as he suspects it will probably come back on even though he reset it. That's the latest update I have. Luckily the master tech there does not think this intake is causing the issue, although I didn't have this issue until we put the intake on! I was not charged anything for the flash or the service that he did today and won't be charged for the next visit when they do the fix with the sensor. 🫤 Injen wants me to get the specific sensor that they are ordering which I will try to get that information tomorrow and keep everybody updated.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@spuddy59 correct. I have a 21 Badlands, so I never had an issue. It seems only to be on the 23's. Also, I have the 2.7.

The 23's also been having issues even with the Ford performance tune, so as Geronimo has said, it is definitely a 23 model issue.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just remember how much a pain in the ass it’s going to be to clean or replace those filters with those solid box intake designs.. just saying..

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember how much a pain in the ass it’s going to be to clean or replace those filters with those solid box intake designs.. just saying..
You are correct! Injen should have come up with a way to get the filter out without pulling the whole damn thing apart. Not impressed!! also, this says it better than I did. This is from someone at Injen.
Ford Bronco Injen intake installed on 2.3 Bronco Screenshot_20230710_214534_Yahoo Mail
Ford Bronco Injen intake installed on 2.3 Bronco Screenshot_20230710_214551_Yahoo Mail

Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are correct! Injen should have come up with a way to get the filter out without pulling the whole damn thing apart. Not impressed!! also, this says it better than I did. This is from someone at Injen.
Ford Bronco Injen intake installed on 2.3 Bronco Screenshot_20230710_214551_Yahoo Mail
I just did a drop in filter, debated on removing the splash guard inside the oem box.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just did a drop in filter, debated on removing the splash guard inside the oem box.
Definitely easier! Luckily, I don't drive in lots of dusty areas often, so won't need to clean or change too frequently. Just hoping to get the engine light resolved. What a pain!

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely easier! Luckily, I don't drive in lots of dusty areas often, so won't need to clean or change too frequently. Just hoping to get the engine light resolved. What a pain!
Wonder if it’s the same issue with some people putting on charge pipes? I bought the Ford performance tune pretty quickly before I did any mods.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if it’s the same issue with some people putting on charge pipes? I bought the Ford performance tune pretty quickly before I did any mods.
I don't know, I know it's only been the 23 MY 2.7 engines causing these issues. Thought about the tune, but putting in 93 octane all the time doesn't sound fun. Can't always find 93 and price is ridiculous. I do use premium every few fill ups, sometimes is 91. I am happy with the performance I am getting now, with 37's. I do feel a difference with the CAI, and am waiting on the dual cat back. I think I will be good with that.😎

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these actually in stock? I canceled my order and went with corsa but thinking I might want to go ahead and get this but not going to wait for back orders.
Sponsored