Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Received my Injen Intake yesterday after preordering it back when they released it. After a couple delays it finally showed up and I went ahead and installed it. Ford definitely didn't make it easy to swap out the inlet pipe but thankfully Injen supplied a tool to pop off one of the breather hoses that doesnt just pop off.

The reason why i went with this intake is they are also making a snorkel and this intake is made to work with it. First impressions is its not overly loud in the cabin but you definitely get to hear that induction noise which sounds great. I have a manual transmission and in between shifts it definitely is audible. As far as HP gains its probably minimal if at all but I definitely feel it in the Butt dyno.

Overall i would definitely recommend this intake but don't expect a quick install lol.

20230504_163010.jpg
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased one as well, I was told they sold out, (Redline360 I bought it from) I am on a 30 day wait for them to send it. From looking at other intakes that remove the one pipe, yeah this will be a weekend install.

Good to hear it delivers. Will go well with my Ford Performance tune, and I should get even more sound from my turbo smart dual valve :)

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh wow. You finally got yours. I ordered mine on 12/26 and cancelled it after the many delays.

I already have the Roush so wouldn't be a big upgrade from.

Looks amazing though!

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not shittiing on dude or anyone who upgrades intake, but someone correct me if I’m wrong. Replacing intake provides no improvement whatsoever in hp or torque because the map sensors regulates the system after seeing more air flow. And in order to see the gains you must have the vehicle tuned for the increased airflow?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not shittiing on dude or anyone who upgrades intake, but someone correct me if I’m wrong. Replacing intake provides no improvement whatsoever in hp or torque because the map sensors regulates the system after seeing more air flow. And in order to see the gains you must have the vehicle tuned for the increased airflow?
Depends on the system. These systems are "no tune needed" systems, so the system will adjust on its own. Also, I purchased because I am tuned. CAI is never about making big gains, just as with headers, it's about letting your engine breathe. A bigger box, and filter, plus fewer bends in the pipes,(reason why I bought Injen) will do just that. The better your engine breaths the more power it will make. I think people forget this is a twin-turbo system. Though they may be small, Turbo's are still all about air.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you have any pics of this from the side, either driver or passenger? Curious if it'll clear my ARB compressor. Also, any info on the snorkel?

Sort of, but not quite. You'll see a small increase in power without any kind of tuning, simply because the engine and turbos don't have to work as hard to get up to that peak MAP value, meaning slightly cooler and denser air with less parasitic losses, which equates to freeing up a few HP to put into the crank instead. It won't be a significant difference, but it will be measurable. You also get slightly more power in other areas where the turbos aren't able to push MAP to its limit due to RPM not being high enough to fully spool the turbos. Higher elevations and hotter than standard conditions will prevent your engine from reaching peak power anyway, and these little mods will allow the engine to develop just a bit more power before the system starts limiting itself, relative to what the engine was able to do without them. The big thing is that with a tune you're able to fully utilize that extra flow and go beyond those limiting variables, and that's why packaging intake and exhaust mods with a tune will net the best results. The thing is, most OEM airboxes are pretty decent at what they do, so improvements are harder to come by, and other areas of the intake are usually the cause of more bottlenecks than the airbox itself. If you want it to breathe and produce the best results, addressing the entire intake and exhaust is the only path forward. When you address those parts of the system, you'll find the deviation between stock airboxes and aftermarket will increase, meaning there will be more significant gains when using a higher flow airbox that better compliments the rest of the engine that can actually utilize the extra flow afforded to it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered this setup from @LethalPerformance hoping mine comes in soon. Pretty cool injen includes a tool to remove that one hose. Never had an injen intake that didn’t deliver air temps close to ambient vs other hot air intakes. Good stuff

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Never had an injen intake that didn’t deliver air temps close to ambient vs other hot air intakes. Good stuff
Seems like it's still getting its air from the same place as OEM, so wouldn't they both have a similar IAT?

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like it's still getting its air from the same place as OEM, so wouldn't they both have a similar IAT?
Right, sorry if that seemed accusing. The stock Intake is a cold air intake, other intakes sometimes neglect cold air flow for larger filters etc.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right, sorry if that seemed accusing. The stock Intake is a cold air intake, other intakes sometimes neglect cold air flow for larger filters etc.
Gotcha, just making sure I didn't miss something important LOL
I bet the snorkel for this would push that IAT even closer to ambient.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha, just making sure I didn't miss something important LOL
I bet the snorkel for this would push that IAT even closer to ambient.
Yup plus the reduction in bends etc, plus the sweet turbo noises!!
Sponsored