Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t seen this posted yet but here is a short clip of the Flowmaster Outlaw installed on my 2.3 Bronco. I have had it on for about a week, kinda going back and forth on how I like it. On cold starts it’s LOUD. I can hear the thing start from my room on the second floor. For $129 though you really can’t beat it. Not too much in case I want to go back stock, and same for if I ever want to upgrade in future.

Really like the high clearance. You cannot even see the exhaust unless you climb under the truck.
I recorded this on my iPhone so sound quality may not be the best.

Sounds inside the cab.

Full throttle.

Cruising

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
AbsoluteFord

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love this! Was looking at the exact same setup for my 2.3. Any chance you could make a quick video with how it sounds from the inside?
I just added some clips to the post. You can still hold a conversation in the cab.

balber

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20222 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm assuming for $129, you just got the muffler and had a shop weld it up?
I know Holley sells the Axle-back system but it looks like it's $429

balber

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20222 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm assuming for $129, you just got the muffler and had a shop weld it up?
I know Holley sells the Axle-back system but it looks like it's $429
Correction to myself, I saw what you ordered, so basically it's muffler delete. I just ordered the same thing lol.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup, just what I expected, sounds like a Honda with a fart can on it.

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you still running this setup? I ordered it but am kinda tempted to send it back for something with a deeper tone. Idk. Maybe I'll like it? I'd like it stock but with the manual transmission it's too quiet and too smooth.. literally can't tell if I'm at 1500 or 4000rpm without looking at the guage cluster.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds good. I ordered the dual axle back outlaw exhaust from flowmaster. Really only becuz I wanted the dual tips for looks on top of the better tone Vs stock

Sponsored

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love it!!
Is this the 2.3? I just put mine on tonight, 2.3, sounds great except at idle I have a odd sound. I believe something needs tightened or re aligned. Once I get it right I'll weld it on.. to me this adds to the rugged old school look of the truck. Gotta cackle old school scout ii sound.

Iconic Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Everglades, ‘18 F150 SE, ‘00 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this the 2.3? I just put mine on tonight, 2.3, sounds great except at idle I have a odd sound. I believe something needs tightened or re aligned. Once I get it right I'll weld it on.. to me this adds to the rugged old school look of the truck. Gotta cackle old school scout ii sound.
Yes...I have the 2.3. I haven't noticed any odd sounds with mine - rattles, air leaks or otherwise. The worst part of the install was getting the bolts into the bumper and having to ream-out the pipes to get them to fit.

OP
OP
AbsoluteFord

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you still running this setup? I ordered it but am kinda tempted to send it back for something with a deeper tone. Idk. Maybe I'll like it? I'd like it stock but with the manual transmission it's too quiet and too smooth.. literally can't tell if I'm at 1500 or 4000rpm without looking at the guage cluster.
Sorry for the late reply. I am still currently running this setup. I am currently looking to possibly switch out, but for the price it was a cheap solution at the time for some more bass to the engine.

OP
OP
AbsoluteFord

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there any drone with this setup?
At highway speeds yes there is minor drone. If you are listening to music at decent volume it’s not overly powerful

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes...I have the 2.3. I haven't noticed any odd sounds with mine - rattles, air leaks or otherwise. The worst part of the install was getting the bolts into the bumper and having to ream-out the pipes to get them to fit.
I'm an industrial maintenance mechanic by trade. So the install was pretty straightforward. I just went back to the garage and re torqued everything.. I'll start it up in the morning when the wife and kids are awake. If it still has that odd tone at idle I'm ditching it lol. But yours doesn't and neither do any of the videos I've seen... maybe I'll throw it on my buddies lift and try to diagnose it before I scrap it. Like I said I do like the tone! A touch loud but near perfect. Thanks for the reply.

Geoffrey
Sponsored