First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me know how it goes and how you like it. I had a stock hanger on the bumper I could not get off. The aftermarket hanger goes in the same spot. So, I put the aftermarket one over the stock one.

20220422_113749.jpg
Wrong pic, this is it.

20220422_113737.jpg
Sponsored

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh wow @CJ74 . I'll let you know if mine comes off, but that's a good pic/idea if it doesn't.
I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012S9A5U Exhaust Hanger Removal Pliers today, and by taking off the bumper, I'm hoping it's a smooth upgrade.

OP
OP
CJ74

CJ74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forgot to give a shout out to frank @ stage 3 for the deal on the flowmaster!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds great ,I also got the flowmaster outlaw from stage 3 they said 45 day wait and it shows up.
Loves has great chicken sandwiches when first made👍

Last edited:

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Folks at @Stage 3 Motorsports are great.

Sadly, I'm quite dissatisfied with the @Holley Performance Co. Flowmaster FlowFX muffler though. I took it off after one day. I felt that the sound wasn't "tuned" at all. Almost like a straight pipe and at low idle it made the rear seat rumble and vibrate.

Other issues are below:
- The bag for the nut, bolts, etc. was torn and I had to take apart the box in order to find all of the pieces.
- The instructions are simply not adequate. There is nothing stated about removing the bumper which is necessary for mounting one of the hangers.
In addition this following section is wrong:
"5. Place right rear frame hanger (2) onto driver side isolator mount studs. Fasten it in place with (x2) lock nuts (10). Place left rear frame hanger (3) onto passenger side frame, fastening it in place with (x2 ea.) bolts (5), lock washers (8), flat washers (7) and nuts (6). Place rubber hanger (4) onto rear frame hangers." The Isolator Mount Studs are actually on the PASSENGER SIDE, not driver's side. Also, it would be more clear to state that you actually place the Passenger Side Frame Hanger OVER the existing Hanger + Studs and then use the lock washers. That's the correct procedure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CJ74

CJ74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sadly, I'm quite dissatisfied with the @Holley Performance Co. Flowmaster FlowFX muffler though. I took it off after one day. I felt that the sound wasn't "tuned" at all. Almost like a straight pipe and at low idle it made the rear seat rumble and vibrate.

Other issues are below:
- The bag for the nut, bolts, etc. was torn and I had to take apart the box in order to find all of the pieces.
- The instructions are simply not adequate. There is nothing stated about removing the bumper which is necessary for mounting one of the hangers.
"5. Place right rear frame hanger (2) onto driver side isolator mount studs. Fasten it in place with (x2) lock nuts (10). Place left rear frame hanger (3) onto passenger side frame, fastening it in place with (x2 ea.) bolts (5), lock washers (8), flat washers (7) and nuts (6). Place rubber hanger (4) onto rear frame hangers." The Isolator Mount Studs are actually on the PASSENGER SIDE, not driver's side. Also, it would be more clear to state that you actually place the Passenger Side Frame Hanger OVER the existing Hanger + Studs and then use the lock washers. That's the correct procedure.
I hate to hear that you didn't like it. We watched a lot of videos of different exhausts and I hoped we would like this one and it worked for us. You might want to check out MBRP that's what I got on my ranger and it's not as rowdy as the flowmaster, but its a cat back. I didn't look at the instructions, I zip tied the muffler up and saw where the hangers would go.

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the suggestion @CJ74 !

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Other issues are below:
I just put this exhaust on last night in 23 minutes. I used a short piece of 2x4 to pry off the stock hangers. You do NOT need to remove the bumper. The only tools required are a set of deep sockets and some never seize of you live in a salt environment.

Agreed the photos in the instructions suck and as you pointed out it's the passenger side, not the driver's side.

They really should ship a bolt wire fish with the kit. Almost every hitch I've ever bough came with them. On this, I taped a tiewrap on to the bolt and bent in in a curve and fished it in.

This is LOUDER than most of the videos show, so if you are looking for subtle, this may not be for you.

OP
OP
CJ74

CJ74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just put this exhaust on last night in 23 minutes. I used a short piece of 2x4 to pry off the stock hangers. You do NOT need to remove the bumper. The only tools required are a set of deep sockets and some never seize of you live in a salt environment.

Agreed the photos in the instructions suck and as you pointed out it's the passenger side, not the driver's side.

They really should ship a bolt wire fish with the kit. Almost every hitch I've ever bough came with them. On this, I taped a tiewrap on to the bolt and bent in in a curve and fished it in.

This is LOUDER than most of the videos show, so if you are looking for subtle, this may not be for you.
I've learned that if you want it quieter, run in eco. We just got back from fla and I ran in eco for milage and quietness. I love it loud, just not for 2,000 mile round trips. LOL.
Sponsored