First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG GT, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does the Aeroskin cover the complete leading edge of the hood?
It doesn't. I asked XPEL to install it as close to the leading edge as possible, but you can still see some of it. Still, mine is better than most that I've seen... and I'm okay with it, knowing that the hood is PPF'd. Happy to take closer up photos if you'd like.
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A word of caution to those installing the deflector:

The install kit comes with a couple of isopropyl alcohol wipes, as well as a solution they tell you to run across the surface where the deflector adheres to the hood. I suggest you DO NOT use the solution included with the install kit.

I originally received the wrong deflector (a Bronco Sport one) and didn’t notice until AFTER I had cleaned the hood and applied the solution, which smelled suspiciously of paint thinner. Needless to say, I had to return that deflector and get the right one.

Anyways, it took a day to get the correct deflector, but a day later, I had noticed light discoloration / PPF smudging where I had wiped the mystery solution onto my hood. Fortunately the solution was only on the PPF, so after a thorough wiping with more alcohol, a hot water bath to smooth out the PPF, and a wiping of goo-gone to remove some type of sludge that came from the solution, the problem areas are 95% back to normal. You’d only notice discoloration if you REALLY looked for it, but it’s still there.

I got the correct deflector and installed it after cleaning up my mistake, and it holds just fine without that terrible stuff.

Learn from my mistake!
So you installed the Aeroskin over the PPF? I have factory Ford PPF, which doesn't cover the leading edge, which really disappoints me! I'm hoping to cover up the leading edge of the hood with the Aeroskin. So just use some type of Tac solution (water & isopropyl alcohol), like you use to install PPF, to clean the surface prior to installation?

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It doesn't. I asked XPEL to install it as close to the leading edge as possible, but you can still see some of it. Still, mine is better than most that I've seen... and I'm okay with it, knowing that the hood is PPF'd. Happy to take closer up photos if you'd like.
Whenever you get a chance to post a closeup, that would be super! THANKS for the offer!

First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So you installed the Aeroskin over the PPF? I have factory Ford PPF, which doesn't cover the leading edge, which really disappoints me! I'm hoping to cover up the leading edge of the hood with the Aeroskin. So just use some type of Tac solution (water & isopropyl alcohol), like you use to install PPF, to clean the surface prior to installation?
XPEL did it... so not sure what solutions they used, and I'm not sure what will work on your PPF.

I will recommend, however, that you cut a small triangular notch into the bottom middle of your Aeroskin, something I read that a Ford installer did on an installation. That will help it drain better... but might also make that part of your hood vulnerable to rocks, etc. I've noticed that my deflector, which doesn't have it, pools water more/longer without it. :/

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because it’s held on by tape, I wonder if it would hurt hood ppf to install the deflector?
I had factory PPF installed, then Aeroskin II installed at the dealer (see pic) and I agree that it looks good, protects the hood lip and apparently also the windshield. I drove to Albuquerque 2 days ago and got hit 3 times with rocks, but no visible damage to the windshield. It may very well be that at highway speed, the hood deflector creates enough air pressure to reduce the impact of incoming pebbles! The thing is rock solid, and I don't believe the underlying PPF creates any issue or that it would get damaged. Time will tell if the adhesive chemicals do something to it.
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 20211211_081134

Sponsored

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only con to consider is slightly less gas mileage (up to a MPG) and water collects on the back end when you wash it or it rains.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
XPEL did it... so not sure what solutions they used, and I'm not sure what will work on your PPF.

I will recommend, however, that you cut a small triangular notch into the bottom middle of your Aeroskin, something I read that a Ford installer did on an installation. That will help it drain better... but might also make that part of your hood vulnerable to rocks, etc. I've noticed that my deflector, which doesn't have it, pools water more/longer without it. :/
Thanks for the tip!!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had factory PPF installed, then Aeroskin II installed at the dealer (see pic) and I agree that it looks good, protects the hood lip and apparently also the windshield. I drove to Albuquerque 2 days ago and got hit 3 times with rocks, but no visible damage to the windshield. It may very well be that at highway speed, the hood deflector creates enough air pressure to reduce the impact of incoming pebbles! The thing is rock solid, and I don't believe the underlying PPF creates any issue or that it would get damaged. Time will tell if the adhesive chemicals do something to it.
Thanks for the info!!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually, I'm more likely to install the Aeroskin over the PPF, so if there's any damage, that the PPF will take the brunt of the damage! I'm goin to order from Ford since they still have the 15% sale! Thanks again!

First Name
Esteban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Whenever you get a chance to post a closeup, that would be super! THANKS for the offer!
Here you go. I brightened the wide angle shot so you can zoom in and see for yourself. One thing to note is that my deflector wasn’t completely straight on the bottom, so you’ll see the recut lines. Taking therapy to let it slide past my OCD. Hahaha.
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector E669FB24-E144-48F0-9670-8E440EB4F73A
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector D44A23B4-8615-4FB5-9E26-0D929250515A

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got one but decided not to put it on my deductibil is on,y 75 for windshield replacement it just takes away from the nice lines evryone in my family agreed and said don’t put it on

OP
OP

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love mine - hood and side fender skins gives it an aggressive look especially on AMB.
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 9EF50B2C-7449-4DEE-A7D1-8A8EFD921BD1
love AMB! Was going to be my second color of choice.

OP
OP

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Installed Aeroskin II Black textured Hood Deflector 9EF50B2C-7449-4DEE-A7D1-8A8EFD921BD1
Just to add onto this, I believe the lip has definitely protected my windshield from a rock or two, I check it every once in a while and will see some debris on it that looked like it could've been small rocks or something solid.

Also- far less bugs hitting my windshield at night, thank God

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here you go. I brightened the wide angle shot so you can zoom in and see for yourself. One thing to note is that my deflector wasn’t completely straight on the bottom, so you’ll see the recut lines. Taking therapy to let it slide past my OCD. Hahaha.
Perfect shot!!! Just what I was looking for!!
Sponsored