First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 Z51 Corvette, 2023 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I got the first parts installed on the new beast today. Hood struts and modular bumper corner gap fillers from Amazon. Don't know why Ford doesn't install the the hood struts. Had put them on the Shelby also. I really dislike the prop rods. The struts were a very easy install. The gap fillers, which should have been a 20 minute job, wound up taking about 2 hours. The drivers side, shown in the picture, went on no problem. The passenger side of the pumper where the filler went, was about 3/4" too tight, so then it was removing the bumper mounting bolt covers and loosening the bumper bolts. Took a close look at all of the front end attachment points and possible damage from some off road trip. Did find some of our wonderful Georgia clay packed in some places on the undercarriage. This did have 4k miles on it when I bought it. The bumper had a lot of up adjustment but zero down. Wound up cutting the gap fillers just a bit to fit. Strange. I do like the added protection from the tires throwing stuff on top of the bumper. Tomorrow will be a mud flap install.
Ford Bronco Installed front bumper corner gap fillers bumper gap filler
Sponsored