First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/BMW X5/BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey y’all need some guidance…just got JTop installed (love the top) but I’m having an issue with the front flap not staying flat above the soft top attachment bracket on both sides. Took this photo at 65 mph into an 11 mph headwind (did same thing coming home with same tailwind). I can’t seem to get top to stretch far enough to weather stripping seal (front to back) or tight enough across in an effort to keep flap tucked down.
Are my expectations out of line? Anyone else experienced the same and found a fix? If there was a way to attach something to top to attach to soft top bracket, I’m thinking that would be a winning solution. Thanks in advance for any/all guidance if you have same top on your rig.
Ford Bronco JTop Gap up front 7BA5BCB7-DC1A-45B0-9AB7-3625F4DC911D
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is that where the loop straps are for the hooks? Mike says people wanted the straps to make it easier to unhook (no idea why), I cut them off with a pair of scissors and now it sits lower. I’m actually going to be pulling mine off this week and resetting it.

The one thing he told me was that you need to seat the rubber flap all the way in before you unroll and start using the Velcro. That’s the biggest reason I’m redoing mine

OP
OP
OutBanks+2"

OutBanks+2"

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/BMW X5/BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s outboard from the hook straps…between them and the location for soft top latch. I may have to bite the bullet and pull mine off and reset as well. I’m still not 100% confident that will solve the issue but it’s worth a try.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does this as well and I’ve noted that above 85 the wind gets under that front flap and flips it all the way up and back. I haven’t really looked to see about adjusting it, but when I flip back my soft top, I make sure to pull out and down on the front magnets when I flip the Jtop flap down. Seems to do ok and I don’t mind the small gap you’re picture shows.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have that same issue and I’m also having problems with the back not stretch far enough to each side and with the velcro staying down. Planning on calling him today for help.

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that where the loop straps are for the hooks? Mike says people wanted the straps to make it easier to unhook (no idea why), I cut them off with a pair of scissors and now it sits lower. I’m actually going to be pulling mine off this week and resetting it.

The one thing he told me was that you need to seat the rubber flap all the way in before you unroll and start using the Velcro. That’s the biggest reason I’m redoing mine
Did cutting them off make a difference with seating it?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did cutting them off make a difference with seating it?
IMO...yes. The straps were causing a gap between the top and the weather strip where wind could get in and cause lift. I cut them off and it made a big difference.

I recently removed mine and realized I also need to redo the velcro and I ordered the Bronco do-over kit, but it specifically says to do it in the shade and not let it in the sunb for at least 24 hours while it cures...well, this is fricken TEXAS! Houston doesn't have shade or "cool" days, our temps have been over 100 for last couple months now. So it's aggravating and I haven't stripped it down to reinstall.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO...yes. The straps were causing a gap between the top and the weather strip where wind could get in and cause lift. I cut them off and it made a big difference.

I recently removed mine and realized I also need to redo the velcro and I ordered the Bronco do-over kit, but it specifically says to do it in the shade and not let it in the sunb for at least 24 hours while it cures...well, this is fricken TEXAS! Houston doesn't have shade or "cool" days, our temps have been over 100 for last couple months now. So it's aggravating and I haven't stripped it down to reinstall.
I’m in the same boat! DFW here and I can put it in the garage for shade, but it’s still gonna be 95+ in there during the day. My velcro is already pulling up at the corners. I’m wondering if anyone in Texas with one isn’t having corners peel up.

Last edited:

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

One of a few reasons moved from Houston to Reno. There are a few things I miss, but hear/humidity and traffic are not on the list.

OP
OP
OutBanks+2"

OutBanks+2"

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/BMW X5/BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have that same issue and I’m also having problems with the back not stretch far enough to each side and with the velcro staying down. Planning on calling him today for help.
Sam here...I'm hoping it stretches a little in the TX heat to allow for proper connection to velcro
Sponsored