Sponsored

Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar)

Elekktrik

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after having my Bronco for almost a year.... I am finally getting around to adding a roof rack and a bull bar. For the Roof rack I went with the Hooke Road 4dr roof rack (https://www.hookeroad.com/collectio...ry-roof-rack-ford-21-23-4-door-hardtop-b8906s) and for the Bull bar I choose the TAC nudge bar (https://www.tacautoparts.com/produc...nt-runner-guard-blk-brush-nudge-push-bull-bar) as I have the capable bumper and were limited on options.

Hooke Road Roof Rack:

Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000001004
Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000001005
Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000001003

Read multiple posts regarding wind noise and a horrible whistling sound when traveling above 60 MPH. I am pleased to say that Hooke stated that they made some modifications to the front fairing in a recent update and after installing my roof rack..... there is NO added noise and absolutely no whistling at 85+ mph.. I do have a hood deflector installed which may alter the wind path.... but I haven't noticed any negative noise impact from the rack. The material is heavy duty and the fitment is perfect. for the price..... and the fact there the updated modifications eliminated the wind noise...... an easy 5 stars!!!

TAC Bull Bar:

I have the capable bumper and as such am extremely limited on nudge/bull bar options. I came across the TAC bull bar and pulled the trigger. The materials are well made and the fitment is also perfect. No issues on the install and the instructions were very clear. The only issue I ran into was that I had parking sensors on my bumper and the brackets for the Bull bar interfere with the sensor. After looking around for solutions, I ended up 3d printing a small enclosure for the parking sensors and then mounting it on the bracket in the same position. I tested the proximity trigger and it seems to be working as expected without issue. Installed a lightbar and also 3d printed some covers for the side holes on the middle bar. I think it came out pretty nice. another 5 stars for the TAC bar.
Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000000997
Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000000996
Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000001001
Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000000998

I hope this helps anyone on the fence about the items. Here are some pics.

Ford Bronco Installed some new additions (Hooke 4dr roof rack and TAC Bull bar) 1000000998
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What license plate bracket are you using in the capable bumper? Thanks!