First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do love the Sunrider on my 2 Door, but it was noticeably louder when closed, have you noticed the same?

Bronco.jpeg
If the windows are up, not bad. Down, and there's a bit of flapping noise.
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had some noise issues… figured I’d cross post in a couple more threads…

Success!!!
Got the sunrider quiet!!!

5 things:

1) Clean the whole seal perimeter of the bronco from dust and dirt. Alcohol and clean rag.

2) Replaced the 5.5mm plastic washers with 2mm thick ones (Amazon). Allows the back to sit better against the seal and back roof.

3) Pushed the whole assembly rearward and held there with a bit of pressure before bolting it down. Does two things. Better seal at back and also moves front hooks a bit back to better preload them when they latch closed against the metal loops.

4) There are rivets used in the front bracketry. Two per side But they are too long and hit the door header sheetmetal. I ground the tips down with a dremel down to the nail ball. Cleaned up the sharp edges. Then dusted them with spray paint.

As an extra step I cut rectangular pieces of bicycle inner tube and glued them over the rivet area on each side.

5) I got some weather strip - double D shaped one (Frost King 5/16 x 1/4). Attached that the front center metal brace to have a better seal against the secondary base seal bulb.

All the above did the trick! Tested at 70mph on the freeway even with this super windy day here - no more whistling! And overall it's not much louder than the stock panels.

IMG_7496.jpeg

IMG_7497.jpeg

IMG_7498.jpeg

IMG_7499.jpeg

IMG_7501.jpeg
Managed to pick up a gently used one for cheep but it is noisy as hell lol, thanks for the write up I'll have to give it a go next time I have time off.

Reactions: LCW

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to bring this back, is it possible to have this installed without the rear hard top piece? Anyone have pics of this config with the sunrider open?

Short version, trying to identify what looks worse, Bestop soft top with top that doesn't fold down, or removing the hard top rear for the summer but having the Sunrider open. The goal is to mitigate rain off the driver without having to put the top back on for those glorious unexpected torrential down pours.

Thanks!!
Sponsored