First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just installed my Bestop Sunrider for my 2-door OB. May be the best improvement Ive made. Fits perfectly. Easy installation. Great quality. Highly recommend this product from Bestop. Makes a big difference over the two removable hard top panels.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just installed my Bestop Sunrider for my 2-door OB. May be the best improvement Ive made. Fits perfectly. Easy installation. Great quality. Highly recommend this product from Bestop. Makes a big difference over the two removable hard top panels.
I agree! Just a few notes from my install.

I found the plastic supplied shims to be too thick and prevented the rear of the cover from sealing to the hardtop. 2 stainless fender washers per side fixed that.

Take a look at the rivets toward the front of the frame side bars. There are 2 per side. Mine as well as many others had them hit and remove paint from the roll bar. Stupid design.

The center of the cover will make a flapping sound if the windows are down and the cover is closed. The center cross tube is much smaller diameter than the pocket in the cover causing the issue. I undid the velcro and installed some round foam crack filler on either side of the tube and closed the velcro back up. Was afraid to use weatherstrip with sticky tape since heat up there may cause it to melt and make a mess. So far seems to work.

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do love the Sunrider on my 2 Door, but it was noticeably louder when closed, have you noticed the same?

Bronco.jpeg

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do love the Sunrider on my 2 Door, but it was noticeably louder when closed, have you noticed the same?

Bronco.jpeg
Not really when the widows are up. I do not have the roof sound deadening and carpet in mine though. Did have the flapping though when the widows are down which I tried to address.

Sponsored

djbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which fabric did you guys pick, and why? Is it worth $100 to go for the more expensive one?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the twill. Just going by experience with tonneau covers, the twill does not show the wrinkles as much. It does show a little bit of fuzz from the wash mitt though so you have to watch what you use. Not a big deal, just different. The twill is also a lifetime warranty where the vinyl is 5 years.

Here is some info on the differences between them.

https://www.bestop.com/soft-top-material-comparison/

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About how long did the install take?

Mine is finally released for delivery finally after 2 months sitting on Ford's embarrassment mountain. Dealer is telling me the reason Ford sells them 2x as much is because they are so difficult to install. Doesn't make sense to me

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mine is finally released for delivery finally after 2 months sitting on Ford's embarrassment mountain. Dealer is telling me the reason Ford sells them 2x as much is because they are so difficult to install. Doesn't make sense to me
They are not difficult to install. My first time being careful was about 30 minutes, my seasonal swaps are 10 minutes.

OP
OP
56F100

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

30 minutes. Just follow the video.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are not difficult to install. My first time being careful was about 30 minutes, my seasonal swaps are 10 minutes.

Thanks! I am looking forward to it! I was not a fan of my 4dr soft top, but I think this will be perfect when my 2dr shows up in a few days.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the best Bronco accessories!
Ford Bronco Installed Sunrider for 2-door B588CBDD-A698-4006-8405-F8022382E581