LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I messaged you back not too long ago and am processing your RMA as requested. I can't speak for Customer Service, however I didn't find a case matching your gmail email that you provided in your message and again my apologies for it taking me a day to respond to it. As I mentioned, I manage and monitor many different levels of social platforms so sometimes it takes me longer than I prefer to respond.

I am finishing up your RMA then will issue your FedEx return label and will message you back with those return instructions.

~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com
CASE51914

Bestop management may want to address any internal communication issues between groups, and/or hire more staff.

Regardless, convo continued in PM. Willing to try to make it work. I like the top and convenience. Just need to tweak some things. Sent pics also.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Success!!!
Got the sunrider quiet!!!

5 things:

1) Clean the whole seal perimeter of the bronco from dust and dirt. Alcohol and clean rag.

2) Replaced the 5.5mm plastic washers with 2mm thick ones (Amazon). Allows the back to sit better against the seal and back roof.

3) Pushed the whole assembly rearward and held there with a bit of pressure before bolting it down. Does two things. Better seal at back and also moves front hooks a bit back to better preload them when they latch closed against the metal loops.

4) There are rivets used in the front bracketry. Two per side But they are too long and hit the door header sheetmetal. I ground the tips down with a dremel down to the nail ball. Cleaned up the sharp edges. Then dusted them with spray paint.

As an extra step I cut rectangular pieces of bicycle inner tube and glued them over the rivet area on each side.

5) I got some weather strip - double D shaped one (Frost King 5/16 x 1/4). Attached that the front center metal brace to have a better seal against the secondary base seal bulb.

All the above did the trick! Tested at 70mph on the freeway even with this super windy day here - no more whistling! And overall it's not much louder than the stock panels.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7496

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7497

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7498

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7499

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7501

Last edited:

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Passed the 1st car wash test. No inside leaks that I could tell. I’ve been avoiding my usual touchless high pressure car wash. But a new soft touch one opened up near me this weekend. Tommy’s car wash. I guess they’re a chain. They’re doing free car washes all weekend. So figured I’d give it a try.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7655

Took the antenna off just in case. Should have folded the mirrors. Biggest issue is they got pushed forward. But NO LEAKS!

Here’s the only spot where I could see water inside the perimeter of the top. It’s in the channel of the windshield header.

I sure hope those holes are meant to be drains! Anyone know?!

Driver side

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7650

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7651

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7652

Passenger side

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7653

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7654

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to believe I'm just now discovering this thread. Anyway, I've had my Sunrider for nearly a year and LOVE it. It rained last night (for what seems like the first time in months) and I noticed water on my seat. I discovered I had water dripping in from my roll bar. Reading this tread informed me that I probably need to remove those thick washers. Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier, but thanks to all here for making such a good record of events.
bQcEujc.jpg

Also, I didn't see any pictures of the Sunrider without the hardtop installed so I figured I'd post mine here. It works like a champ, even at 80mph on the highway, whether up or down. It makes the Bronco feel completely open when back and provides shade to the seats when parked.
3gQTTA8.jpg

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had the Twill version since about June 2022 on mine. I think it is great, the noise is not very different from the hard top, and I think the Sunrider open is quieter than having the panels out with just the hard panels.
I installed with just a fender washer and a neoprene washer from Home Depot in place of the thick plastic spacer. I keep it on for the summers, then go back to the plastic panels for winter, but no problems in the carwash, rain or anything else for me.
The twill is the way to go, and I would recommend ordering direct from BesTop, I got my first one through another vendor, and the box looked like it had been drug behind the truck all the way here. The frame was broken, and pieces were missing. Returned that and ordered direct, no problems at all.

Sponsored

TimJones1414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PSA for all sunrider owners, check your corner seals! Mine had some gaps & experienced A-pillar drips after the first car wash. Installed weather stripping & this should help remedy the issue.

UPDATE 1 YEAR LATER: Zero leaks when bringing the bronco through car washes, and kept the sunrider installed during a historically rainy winter.

Before:
Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door 3gQTTA8

After:

Seals used:
I know this is a little late but I just put my trektop on and have the same issue. Ordered what you suggested but was hoping you could maybe send a pic of where you placed your stripping with the top up? I’d appreciate it

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to believe I'm just now discovering this thread. Anyway, I've had my Sunrider for nearly a year and LOVE it. It rained last night (for what seems like the first time in months) and I noticed water on my seat. I discovered I had water dripping in from my roll bar. Reading this tread informed me that I probably need to remove those thick washers. Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier, but thanks to all here for making such a good record of events.

Also, I didn't see any pictures of the Sunrider without the hardtop installed so I figured I'd post mine here. It works like a champ, even at 80mph on the highway, whether up or down. It makes the Bronco feel completely open when back and provides shade to the seats when parked.
Any one pull the back and run with just the Sunrider like this or have any pics with this installed but open?

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received and installed the Sunrider on my 2dr this weekend. Installation is pretty simple (the paper instructions are garbage but I had already watched their video and used that for guidance).

I don’t know if anything has changed on the design but the kit did not include the 5.5mm spacers I’ve read so much about on this thread. Everything seems to fit very well. Had a serious thunderstorm yesterday and no signs of leakage.

The most surprising thing to me so far is that wind noise is actually quieter with the Sunrider closed than it was with my hard top panels. Honestly, that doesn’t make sense to me but I’m just reporting my experience (and feedback from my test caller for noise on Bluetooth call). Tested at full highway speed too.

IMG_8438.jpeg

IMG_8439.jpeg

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know this is a little late but I just put my trektop on and have the same issue. Ordered what you suggested but was hoping you could maybe send a pic of where you placed your stripping with the top up? I’d appreciate it
Hey there. Here's a pic. This POV is of the passenger side, looking towards the back of the bronco. No water issues since adding these seals back in mid 2022. Hope this helps!

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door tempImageLAAsxU

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for inputs about your experience with this top.
  • Fit/finish (for the 2 door Bronco)
  • interior sound level compared to the hardtop with roof rails
  • NVH compared to the hardtop (popping sound)
  • quality of twill compared to vinyl
  • any sealing issues for air or water

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door tempImageLAAsxU

Many thanks for sharing your real life experience with this top on a 2 door Bronco! 🤙
2 door badlands here. love it. I may never go back to the hard panels. Only issue I've found is that it flaps a bit when closed with the windows down
Sponsored