Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Jeff. FDNY? I'm retired.
Now about the sunrider. I had the gap in the rear because of the 5.5 spacer. I took the spacer out and it looked like the bolt was stressing the plastic too much. I replaced with a washer about half the size of the spacer. No stress on the plastic and the gap is closed. Had a major downpour and no leak. BTW, all 4 of my previous 2dr JK's had leaks with the soft top.
Sponsored

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Sunrider on my 2 door Badlands. Love it.

I live in PA, keep it on year round (use it in the winter, too).

I had some squeaks - played around with the washers and other adapters. It seems to work fine with and without, no leaks.

I eliminated the squeaks by spraying dry lube on the frame.

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

just wanted to pop in and say that this fix worked perfect for me! I had a massive leak on first install. I tried to adjust the plate like another guy suggested, tried to start over, all with no luck.

I bought the same weather stripping and did it at the same place, and it now works perfect. I added some of my own pics for anyone else with same problem.

7D9F0E34-2D50-44E3-8B35-8CB9F8FEB0E9.jpeg

A065BB89-92D6-4173-8F22-240502E469E4.jpeg

BB9DC805-4580-460A-964C-0F49A9D37141.jpeg

leaking from here on both sides:
4FC6A0E2-5870-46E3-A9DC-23F1B4467910.jpeg

After:
0D4C3A14-45F4-425E-85DE-E10617720684.jpeg

Cheers dude!! Thanks for the great advice.
Any chance you can share a pic with the top open and where you applied the seal? I’m having the same issue when it rains really hard. I’ve gotten leaks on both sides, I even had water in my glove compartment. I contacted @Bestop_Team and shared this link with them and they are sending me some weatherstripping to see if I can replicate what you did but it’s hard for me to tell exactly where are you applied the seal, and did you do it along the entire front of the roof?

3bedrooms

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you can share a pic with the top open and where you applied the seal? I’m having the same issue when it rains really hard. I’ve gotten leaks on both sides, I even had water in my glove compartment. I contacted @Bestop_Team and shared this link with them and they are sending me some weatherstripping to see if I can replicate what you did but it’s hard for me to tell exactly where are you applied the seal, and did you do it along the entire front of the roof?
Hey man! attached some old pics! I put the weather stripping in that section, on both sides. I did not make any changes to the middle section. if you have any other questions, let me know.

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: LCW

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey man! attached some old pics! I put the weather stripping in that section, on both sides. I did not make any changes to the middle section. if you have any other questions, let me know.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door image

Hey thanks for the quick reply and pics! I also contacted @Bestop_Team today and here is what they instructed me to do:

“The spacers need to be removed in favor of thin washers that have the same 8mm inner Diameter. This will let the Sunrider sit properly in the rear.”

I’ll give it a try this week and let you know if it works. Apparently this is a known quality issue…just wish they would inform folks about it. I had my glovebox filled with water and ruined my papers!

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey thanks for the quick reply and pics! I also contacted @Bestop_Team today and here is what they instructed me to do:

“The spacers need to be removed in favor of thin washers that have the same 8mm inner Diameter. This will let the Sunrider sit properly in the rear.”

I’ll give it a try this week and let you know if it works. Apparently this is a known quality issue…just wish they would inform folks about it. I had my glovebox filled with water and ruined my papers!
So they know the spacers are an issue but have not changed the size washers that they send with the top?

Wait until you see the paint where the poorly designed rivets hit the roll bar. Look toward the front. They rivet a piece of metal onto the bracket but the rivets, which are too long, face the roll bar unprotected.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door Bestop Rivets

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FORD - thanks for the reach out. But, it’s not an issue with the truck. It’s an issue with the Bestop top.
The ford bot needs some dry lube!🤣

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As soon as @Bestop_Team comes out with a carbon gray twill they get my money. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they know the spacers are an issue but have not changed the size washers that they send with the top?

Wait until you see the paint where the poorly designed rivets hit the roll bar. Look toward the front. They rivet a piece of metal onto the bracket but the rivets, which are too long, face the roll bar unprotected.

Just installed mine. Off to get some weather stripping to seal off the front corners.

After seeing this post (and before install) I cut 2 pieces of bicycle inner tube and sandwiched them between the area with the rivets and the roof beam.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PSA for all sunrider owners, check your corner seals! Mine had some gaps & experienced A-pillar drips after the first car wash. Installed weather stripping & this should help remedy the issue.

UPDATE 1 YEAR LATER: Zero leaks when bringing the bronco through car washes, and kept the sunrider installed during a historically rainy winter.

Before:

After:

Seals used:
just wanted to pop in and say that this fix worked perfect for me! I had a massive leak on first install. I tried to adjust the plate like another guy suggested, tried to start over, all with no luck.

I bought the same weather stripping and did it at the same place, and it now works perfect. I added some of my own pics for anyone else with same problem.

leaking from here on both sides:

After:

Cheers dude!! Thanks for the great advice.
How did you guys get the weather stripping to stick to the twill? Or did you stick it to the roof header seal?

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How did you guys get the weather stripping to stick to the twill? Or did you stick it to the roof header seal?

I just stuck mine straight to the twill. No prep beforehand or additional adhesive needed. Still sticking well to this date.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not super thrilled with @Bestop_Team Sunrider. It's loud when closed on my morning commute at 70 mph. And worse, it starts to whistle at around 45mph. Here's a clip trying to show the whistling at 50-55mph. I'll be returning (if I even can) or getting rid of it. I may try some foam up front but honestly if it's leaking air like this, it will leak when it's raining.

Pulling as hard as I can while still driving on the center brace, it helps reduce it a bit but doesn't eliminate it.

Shame this isn't better developed. Disappointed that @Bestop_Team is using customers as guinea pigs.

Ford Bronco Wanting feedback/review of Bestop Sunrider for 2 door IMG_7463

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:

Seemed like less whistling on commute home from work this afternoon. Heavy head wind also. Maybe in the sun all day it's slowly conforming better to the seals. I’ll leave it on for a bit (was going to unbolt it tonight).

I ordered some thinner nylon washers (2mm) as the 5.5 were too thick. Right now not running any washers in back.

Last edited:

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sent @Bestop_Team PM through this site, an email (which mind you I had to search online for, as they don't show it on their site), and even tried the chat through their site. Zero response so far after 24 hrs. Pitiful customer service.

I wish there were more competitors in the soft top space. Might make them wake up a bit.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not super thrilled with @Bestop_Team Sunrider. It's loud when closed on my morning commute at 70 mph. And worse, it starts to whistle at around 45mph. Here's a clip trying to show the whistling at 50-55mph. I'll be returning (if I even can) or getting rid of it. I may try some foam up front but honestly if it's leaking air like this, it will leak when it's raining.

Pulling as hard as I can while still driving on the center brace, it helps reduce it a bit but doesn't eliminate it.

Shame this isn't better developed. Disappointed that @Bestop_Team is using customers as guinea pigs.

Sent @Bestop_Team PM through this site, an email (which mind you I had to search online for, as they don't show it on their site), and even tried the chat through their site. Zero response so far after 24 hrs. Pitiful customer service.

I wish there were more competitors in the soft top space. Might make them wake up a bit.
I messaged you back not too long ago and am processing your RMA as requested. I can't speak for Customer Service, however I didn't find a case matching your gmail email that you provided in your message and again my apologies for it taking me a day to respond to it. As I mentioned, I manage and monitor many different levels of social platforms so sometimes it takes me longer than I prefer to respond.

I am finishing up your RMA then will issue your FedEx return label and will message you back with those return instructions.

~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com
Sponsored