Sponsored

Installing lift kit on on-Sasquatch OBX - will it void warranty?

Chrisrabena

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just receive my non-Sasquatch OBX and am looking to lift it. I was told by the dealer that lifting it would void the warranty. I was looking to fit 37’s on it with the 4WP coil over system. Is that still possible to do and keep the factory warranty?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just receive my non-Sasquatch OBX and am looking to lift it. I was told by the dealer that lifting it would void the warranty. I was looking to fit 37’s on it with the 4WP coil over system. Is that still possible to do and keep the factory warranty?
I would think your dealer is talking about the warranty being voided on the suspension components, since you've replaced them. Not your entire warranty. Ask your dealer to specify which part of the warranty would be voided and for what reason. The drivetrain should still be covered unless they can show the breakage was caused by the lift kit.

Any chance they were trying to get them to install for you? I'm in the middle of building a lift kit with my dealer (King Shocks) and they have zero issues with it and are going to warranty it as part of the vehicle.

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think your dealer is talking about the warranty being voided on the suspension components, since you've replaced them. Not your entire warranty. Ask your dealer to specify which part of the warranty would be voided and for what reason. The drivetrain should still be covered unless they can show the breakage was caused by the lift kit.

Any chance they were trying to get them to install for you? I'm in the middle of building a lift kit with my dealer (King Shocks) and they have zero issues with it and are going to warranty it as part of the vehicle.
Do you think 37 tires would void axles and such?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think 37 tires would void axles and such?
Do I? No. Not unless a breakage happens and they can show it was caused by the additional stresses on the drive train.. That is the standard, as the previous user posted. Good article, that one.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
37's might not void the warranty but doesn't mean they are a good idea on the smaller front axle. I wouldn't put 37's on anything that doesn't have the larger axle upfront (anything Squatch, BL, WT, FE all have the larger 210 front axle) and expect to do anything but very light off roading. And then there is the issue of gearing. If I remember right the OBX has 3.73's so plan on going bigger. I would think 4.7 would be the minimum but there are calculators out there to figure out what would work best.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto. Best way to do that, IMO

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When it comes down to the warranty a dealer will look for any possible reason to deny your coverage. Ford does not pay well on warranty work. Going with a lift and 37's, if you tear a CV boot there is a 99.9% chance that you will be denied. Basically anything associated with the lift can be denied. Everyone wants to lean on the Magnusson-Moss act for protection. Good luck with that. The cost to defend your mods in court will far exceed the cost of repairing the broken parts. If you play, expect to pay.
Sponsored