Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade the bumper on my 23 2 door base model. I've read some things about having to grind off original tow hooks to make it fit but I've also heard theres some adapter pieces out there. Does anyone know the intel on that or has anyone here done this upgrade before.
Any insight appreciated
Thanks
Sponsored

Brouha

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade the bumper on my 23 2 door base model. I've read some things about having to grind off original tow hooks to make it fit but I've also heard theres some adapter pieces out there. Does anyone know the intel on that or has anyone here done this upgrade before.
Any insight appreciated
Thanks
you can either cut the hoops off or order the brackets that come with when the modular bumper is ordered from the factory. Those part nos. are MB3Z6G079A and MB3Z6G079B. Personally, I went with the latter. They're easy to swap out and I kept the originals in case there's ever a reason I need to swap back to the plastic bumper.

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you can either cut the hoops off or order the brackets that come with when the modular bumper is ordered from the factory. Those part nos. are MB3Z6G079A and MB3Z6G079B. Personally, I went with the latter. They're easy to swap out and I kept the originals in case there's ever a reason I need to swap back to the plastic bumper.
What about the skid plate, is there a gap when you do this swap?

Brouha

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What about the skid plate, is there a gap when you do this swap?
Which skid? The plastic skid plate that comes with the plastic bumper doesn't really fit after the swap. Others have tried to make it work, but I didn't want to cut it up or modify it so I could put it back on if I ever traded in my Bronco and went back to the plastic bumper. I got the steel skid plates after I found a mod bumper. With the steel, there's not much of a gap between the bracket and the skid.

There are quite a few good threads out there of others that have done it. I followed those myself. This one is a great place to start.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/replacing-factory-bumper-with-modular-bumper.32705/

ultimateone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BB Sas Carbon Gray
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which skid? The plastic skid plate that comes with the plastic bumper doesn't really fit after the swap. Others have tried to make it work, but I didn't want to cut it up or modify it so I could put it back on if I ever traded in my Bronco and went back to the plastic bumper. I got the steel skid plates after I found a mod bumper. With the steel, there's not much of a gap between the bracket and the skid.

There are quite a few good threads out there of others that have done it. I followed those myself. This one is a great place to start.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/replacing-factory-bumper-with-modular-bumper.32705/
Exactly what I was asking, thanks!!
Sponsored