Sponsored

Installing new emblem - what tape or adhesive?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't unless someone is selling them 2nd hand. All of the places that had the good quality ones were shut down by Ford. There are acrylic ones but the quality is pretty bad on them.
If Ford shut them down shouldn’t they offer replacements? Haha
Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford shut them down shouldn’t they offer replacements? Haha
There are original Bronco emblems you can buy but they have the studs on the back that have to be shaved off and 3m tape applied.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are original Bronco emblems you can buy but they have the studs on the back that have to be shaved off and 3m tape applied.
I was hoping ford would have one with the same material coating and attachment as the Bronco on the rear door. Especially since they shut down the knock offs.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I created this video a couple of weeks ago when replacing the rear emblem on the Bronco from the satin silver one to the black one.

The new emblem comes with adhesive on it, all you have to do is peel the backing off and stick it. I used electrical tape to protect the paint while taking the satin silver emblem off, but also to mark points as to where the new emblem should be installed.

I purchased my black emblem from Levittown Ford Parts, but they were back ordered so had to wait about 5 weeks, but they had the best price at the time - $32.40.

Hope this helps you out.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m2dz-7842528-b.html

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was hoping ford would have one with the same material coating and attachment as the Bronco on the rear door. Especially since they shut down the knock offs.
I am in the process of trying to figure out if I can cut the adhevisve backing on my laser to fit the 1st OEM script. I am going to offer them powdercoated. I won't be infringing on Ford that way.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can buy metal ones from any of the early bronco vendors, cut the tits off the back, 3M tape and install.
saw several on eBay. Wish I had known you can mod the true vintage badges w/ tape before I bought acrylic. Will see how the latter holds up, esp on a ceramic coating

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in the process of trying to figure out if I can cut the adhevisve backing on my laser to fit the 1st OEM script. I am going to offer them powdercoated. I won't be infringing on Ford that way.
Not sure on the feasibility of what your laser can accomplish. But I've seen some interest in the early Sport badges with the red rectangle field, bucking Bronco, and offset Bronco script. Some had ground down the "Sport" wording and repainted the red field.

I'm sure there would be demand of the original metal badges cleaned up of the Sport designation and having the posts removed and adhesive applied.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My black tailgate emblem showed up Friday, chrome one getting changed out. Black looks better on Cactus Grey.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure on the feasibility of what your laser can accomplish. But I've seen some interest in the early Sport badges with the red rectangle field, bucking Bronco, and offset Bronco script. Some had ground down the "Sport" wording and repainted the red field.

I'm sure there would be demand of the original metal badges cleaned up of the Sport designation and having the posts removed and adhesive applied.
A fiber laser would be perfect for that situation of removing the "sport" part. I don't have one one of those, I have a CO2 laser. I have some sheet adhesive on order to cut to size, also trying to put my hands on used set of script emblems to test on.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where do I get the Bronco script fender badges?
i got these Off eBay and VIP auto accessories. Script is cool, but everyone and their brother seems to have it now. Wanted something different.

371657CF-15F2-4FCB-AC67-6149FC8EF648.png

547E4EEB-FB1B-4993-98C8-2F9600BC9336.png

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just Plastidipped my emblem to be matte black. if it starts wearing out later, I'll just peel it off and redo it again :) No need to remove the emblem.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i got these Off eBay and VIP auto accessories. Script is cool, but everyone and their brother seems to have it now. Wanted something different.

371657CF-15F2-4FCB-AC67-6149FC8EF648.png

547E4EEB-FB1B-4993-98C8-2F9600BC9336.png
I really wish someone would make an emblem with the font used on the grill, I looked into it but it's about a 1500.00 investment then I'd probably get shut down by Ford. I had someone ask me to Powder coat them a set of the 80's emblem like that. Waiting for them to show up.
Sponsored