Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi everyone!

So I'm new to bronco and I purchased the 40" LED bar from Rough Country for above the windshield. Has anyone installed that on their bronco? It has a thick cable that doesn't wire into the auxiliary switch. Do I have to cut that wire and pull out the wires inside and then wire it that way? I haven't done much electrical work so I'm not sure if that particular bar will plug into the aux switch or not.

Also, I have a soft top and the LED bar makes the roof rattle like crazy when I'm on the highway. Is that normal? What do you guys do to prevent that?
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi everyone!

So I'm new to bronco and I purchased the 40" LED bar from Rough Country for above the windshield. Has anyone installed that on their bronco? It has a thick cable that doesn't wire into the auxiliary switch. Do I have to cut that wire and pull out the wires inside and then wire it that way? I haven't done much electrical work so I'm not sure if that particular bar will plug into the aux switch or not.

Also, I have a soft top and the LED bar makes the roof rattle like crazy when I'm on the highway. Is that normal? What do you guys do to prevent that?
You'll want to run the wire down the windshield (in the little crevis) and then under the a-pillar plastic cover on the outside. DO NOT use the wire ford left you inside as you have to drill a hole AND it's a TINY TINY wire.

Then you can extend it over to your upfitter switch. RC doesn't give you vehicle specific wiring so you're on your own with their setup.

As for the noise, these do the trick: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-light-bars/wind-diffusers-accessories/

For a 40" Bar you'll buy the one for 50"/52" bars and just cut it to size.

OP
OP
lordbigoftasty
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'll want to run the wire down the windshield (in the little crevis) and then under the a-pillar plastic cover on the outside. DO NOT use the wire ford left you inside as you have to drill a hole AND it's a TINY TINY wire.

Then you can extend it over to your upfitter switch. RC doesn't give you vehicle specific wiring so you're on your own with their setup.

As for the noise, these do the trick: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-light-bars/wind-diffusers-accessories/

For a 40" Bar you'll buy the one for 50"/52" bars and just cut it to size.
Thank you!!
Sponsored