Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a basesquach the day the Bronco dropped. I went through the whole ice mountain thing, and other deliver issues. I also was able to attend Offrodeo. I have had my Bronco on iconic trails like Imogene Pass and Hells Gate., not bad for a stock rig and novice pilot. That truck isn’t available anymore, pity. I walked out the door for under $40000. A lot of capability for the coin.
Ford Bronco Interesting Ford Products image

My wife has a G70 with a lease expiring and she wanted a small truck. I have spent HOURS over the last month looking at all the offerings. Everything is nice, and I have no brand loyalty, I buy what I like. I landed on the Ranger Raptor. The truck is such a value, IMHO that the best I could do was $5000 ADM and was looking forward to paying that. Looking at Ranger6G I was able to locate a preferred color at MSRP at an out of state dealership. I just got the truck and WOW! I couldn’t be more impressed at this price point!

If Ford could get its quality rep fixed, their product line for sure ISN’T the issue! I can’t believe we’re a happy two Ford family.
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t test drive one if you want to keep the Bronco! Just a bit of advice!
Its not in the budget at the moment anyway lol. Realistically tho I want a Porsche. for 60k I can get a nice 997.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im not in the market but if I were to get rid of the Bronco this would be its replacement
I know what you mean, I'm not going to sell my Bronco anytime soon but if I did the RR would be my first choice, at least for now.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Ranger Raptor. In fact I just had a conversation about it with my buddy Quinn over at 74Weld only about an hour ago. He loves his, says he loves it more than his Bronco Raptor. I told him I had just assumed it wasn't quite up to the "Raptor name" due solely to the fact they only put 33" tires on it. He said, no, you need to drive one. So I guess I need to take a closer look at these and get behind the wheel of one LOL. BTW, a little birdie told me there will be portals and a billet steering rack available for the Ranger Raptor soon :)

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Ranger Raptor. In fact I just had a conversation about it with my buddy Quinn over at 74Weld only about an hour ago. He loves his, says he loves it more than his Bronco Raptor. I told him I had just assumed it wasn't quite up to the "Raptor name" due solely to the fact they only put 33" tires on it. He said, no, you need to drive one. So I guess I need to take a closer look at these and get behind the wheel of one LOL. BTW, a little birdie told me there will be portals and a billet steering rack available for the Ranger Raptor soon :)
I think a lot of the ride improvement has to do with the watts style track bar.

OP
OP
Climber

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would love the chance to try it with summer road tires!😮

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a basesquach the day the Bronco dropped. I went through the whole ice mountain thing, and other deliver issues. I also was able to attend Offrodeo. I have had my Bronco on iconic trails like Imogene Pass and Hells Gate., not bad for a stock rig and novice pilot. That truck isn’t available anymore, pity. I walked out the door for under $40000. A lot of capability for the coin.

I landed on the Ranger Raptor. The truck is such a value, IMHO that the best I could do was $5000 ADM and was looking forward to paying that. Looking at Ranger6G I was able to locate a preferred color at MSRP at an out-of-state dealership. I just got the truck and WOW! I couldn’t be more impressed at this price point!

If Ford could get its quality rep fixed, their product line for sure ISN’T the issue! I can’t believe we’re a happy two-Ford family.
I checked the Ranger Raptor and the competition at our auto show earlier this year. In that market segment, I think it would come down to the Raptor and the Colorado, with the Colorado having a pretty impressive suspension setup, but the Ranger has the better interior and more comfortable seats. Given GM's selling of personal data, that would likely kill the Colorado outright. I think Motor Trend just did a multi-way comparison and the RR came out on top. Is there some high-speed off-roading in your near future? :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Climber

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m gonna go to Raptor Assult (hate the freakin’ name!) in June/July and then hopefully take it out to CO/UT and wring it out on a bunch of different stuff. I will use it for its intended purpose, it’s just a long drive to anywhere good from Wisconsin. Hopefully moving west within the next year or two. People who live close to trail access don’t realize how good they have it!

jtmportland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, I can't lie... I've had my eye on the Ranger Raptor. It just seems like a much better value than the Bronco Raptor (and it's a smidge quicker). It would also make a better overlanding rig than my Bronco (which I still love).

OP
OP
Climber

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I checked the Ranger Raptor and the competition at our auto show earlier this year. In that market segment, I think it would come down to the Raptor and the Colorado, with the Colorado having a pretty impressive suspension setup, but the Ranger has the better interior and more comfortable seats. Given GM's selling of personal data, that would likely kill the Colorado outright. I think Motor Trend just did a multi-way comparison and the RR came out on top. Is there some high-speed off-roading in your near future? :)
My wife wanted the ZR2 Bison as we started off road with one of the previous models. Leaf spring rear, lower HP played into the decision. Nothing has better stock underbody protection.

I’ll add that I don’t think there is a ‘bad’ choice in new mid-sized pickups at the moment.

IMG_2458.jpeg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t test drive one if you want to keep the Bronco! Just a bit of advice!
I don't think I could live without the removal top though - it's the main reason I bought a Bronco. Raptor Ranger looks interesting though, will have to check one out at a dealership some day.

OP
OP
Climber

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m over sixty and finally at a point in my life where I am fortunate enough to have both. Ranger doesn’t even offer a sunroof, that and no ventalated seats are my only complaints. It should offer both, even at a price increase.
Sponsored