Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was posted on the PTS pages of FMCdealer. Don't read more into this than what is stated. The determination of coverage will still be made by the dealer and/or in conjunction with Ford depending on the circumstances. This is basically saying a dirty vehicle should not be the only factor considered when if a repair is covered.

Feb 7 2023 Ford Bronco Warranty Coverage

Ford Bronco repairs are eligible for warranty coverage when used within the limitations as described in the Owner’s Manual. Warranty repairs should be covered per the Warranty & Policy Manual unless there is evidence of misusage (usage that exceeds the limitations outlined in the Owner’s Manual) or if component failure is caused by an aftermarket modification. Using the vehicle off-road (which may result in heavy dirt and/or mud accumulation) is not a justification to deny warranty coverage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had to guess this probably came about after dealers denied claims, customer called Ford to complain, some decisions were reversed so they put this out for techs and advisors to look at.

I put this out on our dealer message boards early on to get clarification from Ford on how to handle warranty since this was a new use type vehicle. Dealers are probably denying claims that are probably legit due to the fact we've been given no guidance and have likely gotten burned by Ford on warranty chargebacks. Not justifying the reasons but the dealer is ultimately on the hook for these repairs and once you've had to eat a $5K repair because of semantics, you tend to get very careful when making these calls. Even then, Ford will F you.

Yesterdays example: Performed recall 22S73 on a bronco sport, claim rejected due to us getting the part through normal channels instead of ordering the exact same part through a different web site. Or at lest we think, they won't tell us. Recall done, documented and I confirmed the software update was done, parts charged out and documented correctly. This fight happens every.damn.day.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I had to guess this probably came about after dealers denied claims, customer called Ford to complain, some decisions were reversed so they put this out for techs and advisors to look at.

I put this out on our dealer message boards early on to get clarification from Ford on how to handle warranty since this was a new use type vehicle. Dealers are probably denying claims that are probably legit due to the fact we've been given no guidance and have likely gotten burned by Ford on warranty chargebacks. Not justifying the reasons but the dealer is ultimately on the hook for these repairs and once you've had to eat a $5K repair because of semantics, you tend to get very careful when making these calls. Even then, Ford will F you.

Yesterdays example: Performed recall 22S73 on a bronco sport, claim rejected due to us getting the part through normal channels instead of ordering the exact same part through a different web site. Or at lest we think, they won't tell us. Recall done, documented and I confirmed the software update was done, parts charged out and documented correctly. This fight happens every.damn.day.
Damn. Sounds like health insurance

Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this means I'm good right?!?!?!?! LOL JK she has had no issues at all since then!

Ford Bronco Interesting message on PTS about warranty & aftermarket modifications: "Using the vehicle off-road is not a justification to deny warranty coverage." _DSC2328.JPG
Oh great, there's gonna be a host of imitators putting a :poop: colored wrap on their mall crawler...

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think the lift me baby embedded in fender wells would open Ford up to some issues if you did just that. They are prompting you to modify.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty tough to deny a warranty claim where there is something like a properly done lift involved when they emboss LIFT ME BABY on the fender liners! :) And when it is used off-road when advertised as an off-road vehicle. There are so many bad dealer service departments out there.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This should help that member who posted a while back about sucking snow into his intake and getting denied warranty. Don’t recall the name but it was some serious bullshit. Hope he reads this.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer said at time of sale ”you can lift,bigger tires,whatever you want,these are meant to be modified and go off road,we wont deny a warranty claim on mods”….. I laughed and said “can you put that in writting?” Then they laughed…..Guess we may or may not find out at some point since all those things haved been modded. I believe them slightly since all their service dept workers have modded,deleted fords. I strongly believe you need to go to the “right” dealer to get claims not denied. 🤷🏼‍♂️… so many seemingly legit claims get denied. Its not a grocery getter.

Last edited:

Bronco Buster Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This was posted on the PTS pages of FMCdealer. Don't read more into this than what is stated. The determination of coverage will still be made by the dealer and/or in conjunction with Ford depending on the circumstances. This is basically saying a dirty vehicle should not be the only factor considered when if a repair is covered.

Feb 7 2023 Ford Bronco Warranty Coverage

Ford Bronco repairs are eligible for warranty coverage when used within the limitations as described in the Owner’s Manual. Warranty repairs should be covered per the Warranty & Policy Manual unless there is evidence of misusage (usage that exceeds the limitations outlined in the Owner’s Manual) or if component failure is caused by an aftermarket modification. Using the vehicle off-road (which may result in heavy dirt and/or mud accumulation) is not a justification to deny warranty coverage.
So.....does this mean that I'm SOL with my Zone 3" lift?