First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found that engaging the clutch makes the noise go away. YMMV of course. I've also read of a few users who had their tranny replaced only for the noise to come back.
Can you clarify that? Pushing in the clutch pedal is disengaging the clutch. Releasing the clutch pedal is engaging the clutch.

If it gets quiet when you push in the clutch pedal, I would suspect the throwout bearing.
Sponsored

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LoL, yeah. You are correct. Disengage the clutch, by pushing it in, made my noise go away. Must have been a long day LOL.

OP
OP
Dylan518

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We’ll after sitting at the dealership for three months waiting on a slave cylinder, they have decided it is not the slave cylinder causing the grinding( which I said from the start) and now I’m waiting on a new transmission. At least they upgraded me from an escape to an edge. I’m hoping I get to drive the vehicle I’m paying for before summer 2023. Is ford doing anything for people with broncos waiting for parts?

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bought a new '22 Big Bend 2 dr. Sasquatch with 2.7L on 2/4. Cut out on power twice for a few seconds about 30 minutes apart. Around 30 minutes later, it completely died going down the highway and had to coast to the shoulder. 3 or so attempts it refired and drove it home. All this on the 3 hr drive home at night from buying it. Took it to dealer on 2/6 (Monday morning) Told it was likely battery junction box. None available from Ford. Dealer bought one from dealer across the country. Took 7 days to get here. Installed and still issues. Took 2 calls to Ford from me and dealer working with Ford over about 5 days to get Ford to ok PCM replacement. But surprise, none are available.

Guess it will be a short wait to getting it repaired or a check from Ford for the broken Bronco.

OP
OP
Dylan518

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bought a new '22 Big Bend 2 dr. Sasquatch with 2.7L on 2/4. Cut out on power twice for a few seconds about 30 minutes apart. Around 30 minutes later, it completely died going down the highway and had to coast to the shoulder. 3 or so attempts it refired and drove it home. All this on the 3 hr drive home at night from buying it. Took it to dealer on 2/6 (Monday morning) Told it was likely battery junction box. None available from Ford. Dealer bought one from dealer across the country. Took 7 days to get here. Installed and still issues. Took 2 calls to Ford from me and dealer working with Ford over about 5 days to get Ford to ok PCM replacement. But surprise, none are available.

Guess it will be a short wait to getting it repaired or a check from Ford for the broken Bronco.
That’s sounds terrible. Are you going to trade it in?

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is ford doing anything for people with broncos waiting for parts?
Quick update on mine. Ford approved PCM replacement on 2/20 but none available to order or get from other dealer. Went in to check on status and unknown to local dealership, Ford Corporate had closed my case without even approving the loaner vehicle for me or providing any assistance to the service dept. getting a PCM for my Bronco. This lead to me calling Ford again. I expressed my frustration with the entire ordeal, mentioned how they closed my repair case and told them I expected them to have my car repaired within a week or a check for full reimbursement. They asked if it was OK if I was placed on a brief hold. Around 10 minutes later, they returned and told me the PCM would be at the distribution center in roughly 1 day and take 2 to 5 days to get to the dealer. I told them I would be calling next Friday if the PCM was not at the dealer.

My experience so far is that Ford (Corporate) is not there to help locate and supply parts to repair these vehicles without being an overly frustrated squeaky wheel multiple times a week.
Sponsored