Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Bronco left me stranded last night and we are pretty sure it's the fuel pump. Had to pay to have it towed home last night. Called the dealership today and they said they'd try to look at it on Wednesday. They said they don't reimburse for towing and they don't provide a loner. So I'm going to be out like $1,000 by the time it's all over after paying for 2 tows and the rental for however long they keep my truck. Ae those things supposed to be covered if the truck is under warranty?
Sponsored

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not necessarily but many good dealers will help out. Generally new Fords come with Roadside assistance so you should have been able to get a tow out of that, but if you just called a tow company, you could be out that money. As for rentals, many dealers have them but many do not, but often if you befriend someone at the dealership, they can get you something off the lot as a loaner, even if its used.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have the ESP extended warranty with the "first day rental" then they would have to give you a rental.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Towing it to your house is the problem. It needed to be towed to the dealer. Loaner vehicles are not covered by the warranty. Each dealer has their own program. Some do nothing and others provide a loaner if they have them available.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Towing it to your house is the problem. It needed to be towed to the dealer. Loaner vehicles are not covered by the warranty. Each dealer has their own program. Some do nothing and others provide a loaner if they have them available.
Unfortunately it was Sunday evening. Dealer was not open and couldn't leave it on the highway.

Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did it cut out prior to dying? How many miles are on it? My guess is you have a low voltage fuel pump fault code and possibly injector fault codes. These codes make you think by default its the fuel pump but those nonserviceable relays are in the battery junction box that attaches to the fuse block under the hood. First repair attempt is usually replacing the BJB and then replacing the PCM.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a-bad-luck-bronco.67181/

It wouldn't hurt to attempt to get Ford to reimburse you if you didn't use Ford Roadside Assistance to tow it. And you can use it for towing to home.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did it cut out prior to dying? How many miles are on it? My guess is you have a low voltage fuel pump fault code and possibly injector fault codes. These codes make you think by default its the fuel pump but those nonserviceable relays are in the battery junction box that attaches to the fuse block under the hood. First repair attempt is usually replacing the BJB and then replacing the PCM.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a-bad-luck-bronco.67181/

It wouldn't hurt to attempt to get Ford to reimburse you if you didn't use Ford Roadside Assistance to tow it. And you can use it for towing to home.
I definitely will try to get reimbursed. Wish they gave out loners. Renting a car is hella expensive these days. Yeah, it cut out like it was running out of gas so I pulled over and it wouldn't start again. It wanted to, just wasn't getting any fuel. It said I had a quarter tank and looking at the mileage I had driven on that tank, the gas guage was correct. But just to rule it out, I called my son and had him bring me some fuel. The last thing wanted was to get it to the dealership only to have them go Slingblade on me and tell me it ain't got no gas in it. Lol!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I definitely will try to get reimbursed. Wish they gave out loners. Renting a car is hella expensive these days. Yeah, it cut out like it was running out of gas so I pulled over and it wouldn't start again. It wanted to, just wasn't getting any fuel. It said I had a quarter tank and looking at the mileage I had driven on that tank, the gas guage was correct. But just to rule it out, I called my son and had him bring me some fuel. The last thing wanted was to get it to the dealership only to have them go Slingblade on me and tell me it ain't got no gas in it. Lol!
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your fuel pump concerns on my end. Will you please send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your fuel pump concerns on my end. Will you please send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end.
Awesome! Pm sent.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company watch this....

You can call 800-241-3673 which is roadside assistance and ask them for the address you can mail your tow bill for reimbursement consideration. Notice I said consideration. Technically you're supposed to call roadside 24/7 regardless and Ford is on the hook (with exceptions) for the tow to the nearest dealer or dealer of your choice as long as it's within a 50 mile radius. Unfortunately, Swoop/Agero administers this for Ford but the person that looks at these for consideration has a ford.com email addy, or at least used to.

Reimbursement and Refund Requests
Blended Services Arranged or Completed by the Dealer Directly
Please refer to EFC10801 for program updates. Requests for reimbursement for services listed below are subject to OWS guidelines and Warranty & Policy procedures. Reimbursements are subject to program guidelines and cost caps. Please see below for details.
How To Submit for Blended Services via One Warranty Solution (OWS). Dealers who perform service or submit for client reimbursement must adhere to the following guidelines.
  • Dealer must verify RSA coverage eligibility prior to submission. Ford vehicles have 5 year / 60,000 miles from WSD 2022. Lincoln vehicles have 6 year / 70,000 miles from WSD
  • Dealer must generate a repair order prior to OWS submission and follow all Warranty & Policy guidelines
  • If customer is requesting reimbursement dealer is advised to keep a copy of receipts on file & submit via OWS. Dealer will refund customer directly.

OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company watch this....

You can call 800-241-3673 which is roadside assistance and ask them for the address you can mail your tow bill for reimbursement consideration. Notice I said consideration. Technically you're supposed to call roadside 24/7 regardless and Ford is on the hook (with exceptions) for the tow to the nearest dealer or dealer of your choice as long as it's within a 50 mile radius. Unfortunately, Swoop/Agero administers this for Ford but the person that looks at these for consideration has a ford.com email addy, or at least used to.

Reimbursement and Refund Requests
Blended Services Arranged or Completed by the Dealer Directly
Please refer to EFC10801 for program updates. Requests for reimbursement for services listed below are subject to OWS guidelines and Warranty & Policy procedures. Reimbursements are subject to program guidelines and cost caps. Please see below for details.
How To Submit for Blended Services via One Warranty Solution (OWS). Dealers who perform service or submit for client reimbursement must adhere to the following guidelines.
  • Dealer must verify RSA coverage eligibility prior to submission. Ford vehicles have 5 year / 60,000 miles from WSD 2022. Lincoln vehicles have 6 year / 70,000 miles from WSD
  • Dealer must generate a repair order prior to OWS submission and follow all Warranty & Policy guidelines
  • If customer is requesting reimbursement dealer is advised to keep a copy of receipts on file & submit via OWS. Dealer will refund customer directly.
Thank you!
Sponsored