First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ‘21 BadSquatch engine died and wouldn’t restart on the trails in Bridgeport, TX two weeks ago. We had just come off a moderate incline and had to get towed to the front of the park. Then used Ford Roadside Assist to get it towed to AutoNation Ford in Frisco. Long story short, that will be my last time using Ford Roadside Assist.

Ford app showed 5 alerts stating, “Engine Control System is unable to control the fuel system pressure as expected”. Less than 6k miles and no previous issues. Fuel tank is 2/3 full.

My Bronco has now been sitting at the dealership for 2 weeks and they keep telling me they don’t have enough technicians and that I’m ”in queue” with no other info. Also, no rentals available.

A little help @Ford Motor Company ???
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Been there, done that. :(

There is a lot of recent history about similar fuel pump failures on the forum. I suggest you visit the ‘Similar Threads’ listed at the bottom of the page as a start. Good luck with your repairs. Fortunately, they will be covered under warranty.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for your troubles. I have found that most dealer road side assistance services pale in comparison to AAA.
Hope they get you back on the road before to long.

bgautrea

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 335i BMW, 2014 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dang.... Sorry @ProdigalTexan ... I'm right there with you right now with a failed pump.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to wonder who the OEM is seeing as Toyota recalled several million vehicles for fuel pump related stalling just a few years ago.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My ‘21 BadSquatch engine died and wouldn’t restart on the trails in Bridgeport, TX two weeks ago. We had just come off a moderate incline and had to get towed to the front of the park. Then used Ford Roadside Assist to get it towed to AutoNation Ford in Frisco. Long story short, that will be my last time using Ford Roadside Assist.

Ford app showed 5 alerts stating, “Engine Control System is unable to control the fuel system pressure as expected”. Less than 6k miles and no previous issues. Fuel tank is 2/3 full.

My Bronco has now been sitting at the dealership for 2 weeks and they keep telling me they don’t have enough technicians and that I’m ”in queue” with no other info. Also, no rentals available.

A little help @Ford Motor Company ???
Hello, Chris! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

fred13

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 & 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I picked up my Bronco in San Angelo Saturday and was heading back to San Antonio and 104 miles into the trip home it died. Ford road side assistance is terrible BTW. The Bronco only has 284.4 miles. Had it towed to Kerrville and today the dealership informed me that it was the fuel pump. Also a leak in a turbo charger hose ? Hopefully it will be repaired soon. Sad that a new 2022 Bronco has so many issues. Hopefully Ford will see this and get me back on the road. I'm

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I picked up my Bronco in San Angelo Saturday and was heading back to San Antonio and 104 miles into the trip home it died. Ford road side assistance is terrible BTW. The Bronco only has 284.4 miles. Had it towed to Kerrville and today the dealership informed me that it was the fuel pump. Also a leak in a turbo charger hose ? Hopefully it will be repaired soon. Sad that a new 2022 Bronco has so many issues. Hopefully Ford will see this and get me back on the road. I'm
Hi Fred. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

OP
OP
ProdigalTexan

ProdigalTexan

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear about your troubles @fred13 and agree on Ford Roadside Assist, its terrible.

Definitely seems to be an issue with the 2.7L fuel pumps. The dealer that fixed mine said they haven't seen a trend but on this forum, its a bigger issue than I believe Ford is admitting.

Sponsored

fred13

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 & 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree and thanks

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's sad, not only have some of us been waiting over 800 days to get a vehicle, but my dealer is a bit over a hundred miles away and for the first time ever, of all the vehicles I've purchased used and new, am I worried about making the trip home.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got my bronco back today after 51 days for multiple issues including the pump. I am now scared to even go offroad since it seems the pumps are failing from going up or down steep angles. My pump died a couple hours after going up hills for the first time. So stupid

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got my bronco back today after 51 days for multiple issues including the pump. I am now scared to even go offroad since it seems the pumps are failing from going up or down steep angles. My pump died a couple hours after going up hills for the first time. So stupid
pretty sure it has been established that angles have nothing to do with it. The pumps just die.