First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
On the third, the fuel pump in my 21 f150 5.0 went out. 11k miles no warning. Roof ford roadside 7 hrs to get us a tow.
Sponsored

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
NHTSA incident report filed!

Pothole

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 E400,2016 Mstng GT conv, 2018 RAM 3500 dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just happened to me this afternoon. 22 squatch badlands 2.7 4 dr. Accelerating onto the freeway and just lost power. 1/4 tank. Coasted as far as I could to a wide spot on the side of the highway. Had it towed to the dealer and software said low fuel pressure. Service guy says they may be able to look at it tomorrow but probably Monday. We are lucky it happened today - last Sunday my wife and I were 30 miles out on a dirt trail - full tank - kayaking. If was going to fail it pick an ok place to do it. At least I was driving it not my wife.

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
New fuel pump solved my problem!

Pothole

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to hear. Just really disappointed that this happened on a 70k 12,000 mile old vehicle.

Sponsored

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As a businessman myself, I don’t fault Ford. They are trying to produce a product that is affordable. It would be nice if they still had a loaner program but I understand the competitive nature of the business theft are in.

Pothole

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My service guy called this morning - confirmed it’s the fuel pump and it’s 1 week out. He set me up with a rental car. We have the ESP on the Bronco so I guess that helped.
wife did say that it stuttered on here going up a grade last week. So maybe the first symptoms of this is a bit of a stutter on hard acceleration a few day before failure - who knows but it would be nice if we had some kind of warning before it failed completely.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just happened to me this afternoon. 22 squatch badlands 2.7 4 dr. Accelerating onto the freeway and just lost power. 1/4 tank. Coasted as far as I could to a wide spot on the side of the highway. Had it towed to the dealer and software said low fuel pressure. Service guy says they may be able to look at it tomorrow but probably Monday. We are lucky it happened today - last Sunday my wife and I were 30 miles out on a dirt trail - full tank - kayaking. If was going to fail it pick an ok place to do it. At least I was driving it not my wife.
Hey, Chris! I can take a closer look into your dead Bronco concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Beefcake_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Add my 2022 bronco (15,000 mi) to the list of broncos who had a fuel pump fail on the trail. The dealer noted that the part just failed. Fully under warranty, but just a pain in the butt to drive down the trail without an engine or power steering.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a decent number of reports; seems Ford may have a problem here.

I remember about 15 years ago when BMW had similar issue with fuel pump and bad high pressure water pumps almost at the same time and same models since the engine is shared across the lineup. Well, drivetrain totally. Were mostly fixed under warranty.

This is a part failure and hope a recall is in the works.

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure the Ford bot will be here soon to make it better.

What's the details of your rig, BC Bronco? Engine particularly? Sorry this crap has happened to you.

Beefcake_Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure the Ford bot will be here soon to make it better.

What's the details of your rig, BC Bronco? Engine particularly? Sorry this crap has happened to you.
2022 Outerbanks 2.7 L. Haha I’m sure the bot will be very helpful. The bronco is back up and running, it was 4 days at the dealer to get replaced.

will.p.g

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing happened to me last week. 2021 badlands Sasquatch 2.7, 8,000 miles. Fuel pump went out deep into remote trail on Kauai. Had it towed to local dealer. They called yesterday, confirmed fuel pump was bad. Parts are 5-7 days out. Bronco has been there a week already, probably will be there another week waiting on parts.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add my 2022 bronco (15,000 mi) to the list of broncos who had a fuel pump fail on the trail. The dealer noted that the part just failed. Fully under warranty, but just a pain in the butt to drive down the trail without an engine or power steering.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

bgautrea

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 335i BMW, 2014 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs