Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 335i BMW, 2014 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ugh! Another 2.7L, but this time a 2-door. Sorry for your troubles. Been there, done that. :(

Glad you got it recovered quickly, though. At least it will be a warranty repair. (y)

Keep us posted.

Yep.... Recovery was indeed quick. Really helpful ranger at Hidden Falls Adventure park here in Central Texas pulled me to the entrance of the park and Ford roadside assistance got me picked up an hour later.
Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep.... Recovery was indeed quick. Really helpful ranger at Hidden Falls Adventure park here in Central Texas pulled me to the entrance of the park and Ford roadside assistance got me picked up an hour later.
When was your Bronco built, model year, fuel octane/brand used, mileage? Thank you and sorry it happened to you 🫤

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: 0ne

bgautrea

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When was your Bronco built, model year, fuel octane/brand used, mileage? Thank you and sorry it happened to you 🫤
Thanks. It is what it is I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is a model year 21​
Built November of 2021​
11.7k miles​
Fuel is generally 87 octane and comes from either Exxon (my last fill up) or from HEB which is the local grocery chain. They say it is generic but research shows it is from Ewing Oil.​

Maybe also worth noting is I had between a full and 3/4 tank when this happened.

Woods Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrac
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
😳 the dealer might have been right in this situation.

they could’ve warrantied the pump but certainly not the smooshed tank.

to conclude that the pump just happened to fail coincidentally and that this huge dent in the tank is unrelated would seem unlikely.

although the other reported failures does cast a shadow of doubt.
The fact that a week passed from when I incurred the dent and the time the fuel pump issue happened also raised suspicion that the two were not directly related. I drove from Colorado to Utah and did Hells Revenge and then drove through Arches National park a couple days later before the Bronco just died in the parking lot.

Sponsored

bgautrea

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just picked up my Bronco. No Root Cause Analysis, all they said was the fuel pump failed. According to the parts, it was the pump and control module.

Crossing my fingers it was a bad batch of parts from back in 2021.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] PXL_20221022_171105910

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up my Bronco. No Root Cause Analysis, all they said was the fuel pump failed. According to the parts, it was the pump and control module.

Crossing my fingers it was a bad batch of parts from back in 2021.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] PXL_20221022_171105910
Glad your vehicle is back in action. Thanks for sharing your service write-up.

Badlands 2.3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello, I went to some dunes and the slope was very pronounced, after going up and down several dunes we continued on our way and 10 minutes later my truck turned off, it did not start, it said a failure in the starting system, my friends towed me out of the sand and I hired a tow truck to take it to the Ford car dealership. They found the fault to be the fuel pump. The cost of the repair was covered by the warranty. My Bronco is a Badlands 2021, 2.3.

Imagen de WhatsApp 2022-10-24 a las 14.51.00.jpg

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, I went to some dunes and the slope was very pronounced, after going up and down several dunes we continued on our way and 10 minutes later my truck turned off, it did not start, it said a failure in the starting system, my friends towed me out of the sand and I hired a tow truck to take it to the Ford car dealership. They found the fault to be the fuel pump. The cost of the repair was covered by the warranty. My Bronco is a Badlands 2021, 2.3.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Died Today, Deep Into a Remote Trail [Fuel Pump Failure] Imagen de WhatsApp 2022-10-24 a las 14.51.00
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the fuel pump replacement club. Glad you got yours replaced under warranty. Now you can get back out to the dunes again! (y)

fred13

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 & 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I picked up my Bronco in San Angelo Saturday and was heading back to San Antonio and 104 miles into the trip home it died. Ford road side assistance is terrible BTW. The Bronco only has 284.4 miles. Had it towed to Kerrville and today the dealership informed me that it was the fuel pump. Also a leak in a turbo charger hose ? Hopefully it will be repaired soon. Sad that a new 2022 Bronco has so many issues.

Sponsored

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"No way to know" ?
Seems there's been a rash of fuel pump failures within some range of build-dates. They could check if your build is within the range of failures?

Must be pretty serious dent in the gas tank?
Did you get photos?

Lots of high-center rocks in dirt roads out west

Any link to the range of date-builds? Would love to know if this is a defect or a batch of bad parts.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked up my Bronco in San Angelo Saturday and was heading back to San Antonio and 104 miles into the trip home it died. Ford road side assistance is terrible BTW. The Bronco only has 284.4 miles. Had it towed to Kerrville and today the dealership informed me that it was the fuel pump. Also a leak in a turbo charger hose ? Hopefully it will be repaired soon. Sad that a new 2022 Bronco has so many issues.
So which Bronco did you get from San Angelo (was it a green 2 door)?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any link to the range of date-builds? Would love to know if this is a defect or a batch of bad parts.
Seems like a pretty wide range because I have heard of 2021 and 2022's with the problem.

fred13

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 & 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
February 22 build date
Sponsored