Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.

I filled up my tank in Oklahoma and headed home, 2.5 hours into the drive south to Texas, with cruise control on. No problems at all. I went to accelerate into an express lane, which automatically turns off the cruise control when pressing the accelerator, cruise control disengaged, but I then had no power at all. I was pressing the accelerator and no response.

I had to pull out of the express lane entrance, across 4 lanes (total) of traffic to the shoulder, all with only the ability to coast.

Once at the side of the road, I had battery power (all screens functioned as they should), but no response from the engine. Battery warning light, auto stop start light flashing and check engine light. I took photos at the time, and I had a 1/4 tank of gas left, as displayed on the screen. Tried restarting the vehicle and the starter would turn over, but the engine would not. No notifications in the Ford Pass App.

Waited 3 hours in 100Âş+ temps for a tow truck to get us to the dealership.

On Friday (3 days later) the dealership tried to start the Bronco, and I got a notification in the Ford Pass App that there was an issue with the low pressure fuel pump and it would stop the vehicle from starting, and another warning about the same thing that the engine would not run in this condition.

Bronco has been at the dealership 7 days today, been diagnosed as a failed fuel pump, a new one is on order from Michigan as there were none locally, should be 3-5 days to get here and then hopefully a quick install.

My original post is here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-fuel-pump-failure.45800/page-26#post-1527147
Well you were obviously using the vehicle beyond it’s fuel pump design capabilities!!!!!
MIC 1.0 and 2.0. 2.7 valve issue on 21’s. Windshield recall. Now fuel pumps popping up. But it’s just a few on this forum making these issues up apparently. Fanboyz ASSEMBLE!!!!!
Sponsored

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stats can certainly deceive and there are lots of different ways to measure things but Ford has been slipping in recent years.

From the same article looking back at the last decade in warranty issues per vehicle sold:
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 9.42.59 AM.png
I agree that it appears Ford is spending more on warranty work the last few years. But this is also something I don't trust as a measuring stick because there's tricks OEMs play. Simply classifying warranty work as campaign, (recall), then the warranty stats look better. Ford almost has the same chart as Hyundai. Hmm, I wonder what has happened in the last two years. . . Speaking of JD Power, here are the actual results of where Ford has trended in JD Power's VDS Quality study. Ford's always been middle of the pack. There should be no surprises in what we're buying.

Ford Bronco Fuel pump issues..the next Ford fiasco? 1660058804269

All that said, I do agree that there seems to be a valid concern with the fuel pumps, especially for a vehicle that is designed to be offroad. It should be a little more fortified and the model line engineer should be paying more attention to reliability than lets say, an Escape.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove my badlands to Indy and back from NC this weekend. I have to admit the fuel pump issue crossed my mind on those mountainous roads packed with semis. And then on a long stretch of highway in Indy where there was construction, zero shoulder (barriers on both sides) and again packed with traffic. A fuel pump failure in either of those places could spell disaster.
But it did fine and the bronco was fun and comfortable for the trip.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well you were obviously using the vehicle beyond it’s fuel pump design capabilities!!!!!
MIC 1.0 and 2.0. 2.7 valve issue on 21’s. Windshield recall. Now fuel pumps popping up. But it’s just a few on this forum making these issues up apparently. Fanboyz ASSEMBLE!!!!!
Imagine that, Clown #2 has entered the chat! He even used his infamous FANBOYZ line!!! 🤡 :poop:
You guys shouldn't even have taken delivery of your Broncos if they're that terrible. Sell em and go bang a gong somewhere. Are you the same person, just on different profiles?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've seen a couple of these fuel pump issues posted here but is it really that widespread or just a couple isolated incedents?
First I have heard of it. Must not be that big an issue. One word if it does happen....warranty.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine that, Clown #2 has entered the chat! He even used his infamous FANBOYZ line!!! 🤡 :poop:
You guys shouldn't even have taken delivery of your Broncos if they're that terrible. Sell em and go bang a gong somewhere. Are you the same person, just on different profiles?
Then you just ignore the actual issues and let us grown ups worry about it. Go stare lovingly at your giant ford logo hanging in your bathroom. There is a reason they’re called fanboyz- you’re the perfect example.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys if you all ever have a family dinner on thanksgiving, please invite me. It will be 10x s better than my family’s.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.