Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was actually surprised by the size of the Bronco Sport. I thought it would be basically a 1x1 with the Renegade, but felt a lot larger than a Renegade in person.
Sponsored

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was actually surprised by the size of the Bronco Sport. I thought it would be basically a 1x1 with the Renegade, but felt a lot larger than a Renegade in person.
My friend has a renegade. Those things are def tiny!! I'm glad the sport looks and feels bigger than the renegade!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How can this be? I thought the Bronco and Wrangler were pretty close? So how can the Sport be close?

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How can this be? I thought the Bronco and Wrangler were pretty close? So how can the Sport be close?
Idk...but they look close!! Bet this one is even closer. Got 245-65-17s.

Screenshot_20210105-144301.png

Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I actually made this image below for my wife trying to convince her we can get by with a 2 door instead of the 4 after we happened to see the Sport at a grocery store (she did not go for it by the way) and it's maybe not 100% accurate, but the Sport is really not too far off from the 4 door except in height. Most of the extra length comes from spare tire.
Ford Bronco Interesting: Size comparison Bronco Sport to stock Wrangler 1609880090120

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I actually made this image below for my wife trying to convince her we can get by with a 2 door instead of the 4 after we happened to see the Sport at a grocery store (she did not go for it by the way) and it's maybe not 100% accurate, but the Sport is really not too far off from the 4 door except in height. Most of the extra length comes from spare tire.
Ford Bronco Interesting: Size comparison Bronco Sport to stock Wrangler 1609880090120
Now that is handy! Thank you! And dang who knew the 2 door and sport were seriously that close!!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrangler and Sport are in the same EPA size class, packaging is pretty similar as a small SUV, I guess I never expected them to be much different in external size, it is interesting to me that a lot of people had it in their heads that it was smaller. Preconceptions can throw us all for a loop sometimes.

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wrangler and Sport are in the same EPA size class, packaging is pretty similar as a small SUV, I guess I never expected them to be much different in external size, it is interesting to me that a lot of people had it in their heads that it was smaller. Preconceptions can throw us all for a loop sometimes.
You are absolutely right!!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This doesn't make sense. I was indoctrinated here on Bronco6G to denounce Ford because of the following egregious design flaws and unforgivable oversights:

• Headrests must detach from the seat or fold forward, not backward
  • Back seats must fold flat, no lip.
    • Add about 400 vitriolic posts about how your dog can't sit on uneven surfaces due to it's delicate sensibilities
      • Those folks probably take their dogs to michelin star restaurants as well
  • Rear cargo area must be perfectly flat
  • rear speaker takes up too much room
Now I see this and want to buy a JEEP product because of their superior build quality, design and exterior paint quality/durability.
I'm 90% sure that most of the bitching posted on 6G is from Jeep forum members or FCA marketing themselves .

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We already know from the testing videos which is better offroad in moab. Jeeper getting pulled up a hill by a crossover says what.
Sponsored