Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The interior of my Badlands is SO dark. I've come to the conclusion that those with soft tops just don't have good inside lighting. I thought about rigging up LED striping but this looks decent and is an easy fix.
IMG_5007.jpeg
IMG_5011.jpeg

Bought these cheap roll bar lights: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WFZ6DB4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

and these higher quality 1" tube/rod boat clips: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8437CQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Drilled out some extra holes in the back of the clips and then secured them flat to the back of the LED light via zip ties.

IMG_5005.jpeg
IMG_5006.jpeg
IMG_5008.jpeg

Then just snap it on to the soft top cross bars. The soft top is attached to the bar permanently on the superior side (which is why me must use a C-type snap clamp and can't go completely circumferentially). You have 3 options where to put them. I chose all three: over the front seats, over the back seats, and over the trunk area. All are perfect. You can still operate the soft top lift fine. It does not interfere or come off.

These are pics with my garage completely dark (you can see I have a little dusk-dawn LED plugged into the back seat floorboard that gives off a blue ambient light at night to match the front footwell. Gonna paint it black cuz it bugs me:

IMG_5014.jpeg
IMG_5015.jpeg
How did you snap it on? I ordered the same clips as you and they are rock hard with no give. I’m scared to break the soft top by forcing it.
Currently thinking to wait for warm day and then also hit the clip with a hair dryer to try to soften it? 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: sorry, caught up now. Recommend to OP to edit your original post to mention the “come from the side” recommendation if you get a moment. Thanks!

UPDATE 2: coming from the side was good but still a touch tight and as they popped on the bar a zip tie snapped. Bah. But miracle of miracles, I fed a new one into the hole and it found the hole on the other side and come out! Done! Thanks OP!
(I went with a similar light model but one that also has a red light too)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: sorry, caught up now. Recommend to OP to edit your original post to mention the “come from the side” recommendation if you get a moment. Thanks!

DONE!!!

PatrickCreel

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

DONE!!!
Could you not just use the velcro straps to wrap around the poles?

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you not just use the velcro straps to wrap around the poles?
no, the top side of the pole is ATTACHED to the soft top continuously. cutting through would ruin in, btw.
Sponsored