Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great idea
Good design
But #fail for me

How in the hell did you get that C-clip to snap on the cross bar??

Mine took a ton of force and finally snapped off. Never got it to attach to the bar. Now it's a flashlight in the passenger door pocket 😔

PXL_20220127_063236461.jpg
I had to laugh when I saw this post! I already had the roll bar light, so I just purchased the c-clamps. Same thing happened to me...I was pushing the whole setup onto the crossbar and the light snapped in the same spot as you! I am glad the light failed...I thought I was going to bend the cross bar.

I ordered a different set of c-clamp...these clamps are rubber:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082B47RZH/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=&psc=1

But they are being shipped from China so maybe I will get them in March...not a typical overnight Amazon purchase. Hopefully this will work better...

I am also going to try a different light on my second try. I am using this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dragonfire-R...285382&sprefix=dragonfire+ligh,aps,193&sr=8-5

The second light is also a leftover from my old Jeep. On my version of the light, the bracket is black not silver.

I will post pics if it works.

Lets see how the
Sponsored

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great idea
Good design
But #fail for me

Mine took a ton of force and finally snapped off. Never got it to attach to the bar. Now it's a flashlight in the passenger door pocket 😔

ok, good question.... the crossbars are NOT perfectly cylindrical in cross section. They are oval. If you feel, they are kind of flattened (wider than they are tall). So you have to come at it from the side and push from the side and then turn in to place. Same when you take them off.

Gonna go ahead and take the blame for NOT telling you guys this previously.

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is sick pimpin!
so this LED strip solution... have you connected it to an AUX switch or are you just using the aftermarket hand
Beat me to it. All broncos are a dark cave regardless of top.

I’ve rigged up a couple different options for interior lighting around the roll bars and it works great. Unfortunately the dome lights are PWM and cannot be tapped to work from. Attention lighting vendors, million $ opportunity.

This is some cheap LED tape lights. My second product worked even better but I didn’t get a pic.

BBD69FE2-8633-48AD-AF3B-81396EA78690.jpeg
so this LED strip solution... have you connected it to an AUX switch or are you just using the aftermarket handheld thing? sorry if you've answered this b4

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

so this LED strip solution... have you connected it to an AUX switch or are you just using the aftermarket hand

so this LED strip solution... have you connected it to an AUX switch or are you just using the aftermarket handheld thing? sorry if you've answered this b4
No my project is on hold until I can find a way to make it work with the factory dome lights. An Aux switch is not an acceptable way to do this for me, but it would totally work if you want to go that route.

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No my project is on hold until I can find a way to make it work with the factory dome lights. An Aux switch is not an acceptable way to do this for me, but it would totally work if you want to go that route.
I'll be watching u like Santa :)

Sponsored

Skip

Big Bend
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks, took forever to get the c-clips, but was super simple and works great. getting one more for further back. Appreciate the mod.

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, took forever to get the c-clips, but was super simple and works great. getting one more for further back. Appreciate the mod.
I have 3 (front, middle, and very back). - but also gonna do the LED strip thing and most likely wire to an AUX until Ksjrb03 figures out the dirty work.

Smeegs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to laugh when I saw this post! I already had the roll bar light, so I just purchased the c-clamps. Same thing happened to me...I was pushing the whole setup onto the crossbar and the light snapped in the same spot as you! I am glad the light failed...I thought I was going to bend the cross bar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082B47RZH/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=&psc=1

But they are being shipped from China so maybe I will get them in March...not a typical overnight Amazon purchase. Hopefully this will work better...

https://www.amazon.com/Dragonfire-Racing-Removable-Light-Black/dp/B00T6IWRDK/ref=sr_1_5?crid=HR99C3V0Q1T1&keywords=dragonfire+light&qid=1643285382&sprefix=dragonfire+ligh,aps,193&sr=8-5

The second light is also a leftover from my old Jeep. On my version of the light, the bracket is black not silver.

Lets see how the

If you're going down the Dragonfire Light route, you can get a similar light from Harbor Freight for $1.79. You would need to come up with a new mounting bracket, but I bet you could find one with a little research or you could use velcro.

Last edited:

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this on another thread, but I didn't get a response. Does anyone have any pictures of the ambient floor lights and their location? I want see if the wiring harness is in my Badlands. If the harness is there, I can add floor lights and maybe a couple of overhead lights. It would be nice to have the auto dimmer feature the factory lights provide.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're going down the Dragonfire Light route, you can get a similar light from Harbor Freight for $1.79. You would need to come up with a new mounting clamp, but I be you could find a bracket (or use velcro).
I already have the dragonfire light from my old jeep. I agree the light is the same as what you get for $1 at harbor freight...But the light is I have is black in color...not blue colored like the HF lights. The value of the dragonfire light is the bracket...It is well designed and I enjoyed its functionality on the jeep.

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great idea
Good design
But #fail for me

I had one snap as well. Another went on fine

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082B47RZH/
ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Dragonfire-Racing-Removable-Light-Black/dp/B00T6IWRDK/ref=sr_1_5?crid=HR99C3V0Q1T1&keywords=dragonfire+light&qid=1643285382&sprefix=dragonfire+ligh,aps,193&sr=8-5

Lets see how the
Ok...So I received the rubber c-clamps. The are a hard rubber, but you can easily put on and take these off the bar holding the soft-top. The original ones used by the OP where a bitch to put on and I thought I was going to mess up the soft-top. I ended up breaking the original light (similar to another person on this thread). Very secure.

So this is what I used...

and the light

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096XGSG9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Pics attached.

Credit goes to the OP with this good idea! @doccoch

Ford Bronco interior dome light solution for dark soft tops - pics pic1a

Ford Bronco interior dome light solution for dark soft tops - pics pic2

Ford Bronco interior dome light solution for dark soft tops - pics pic3

Ford Bronco interior dome light solution for dark soft tops - pics pic1

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok...So I received the rubber c-clamps. The are a hard rubber, but you can easily put on and take these off the bar holding the soft-top. The original ones used by the OP where a bitch to put on and I thought I was going to mess up the soft-top. I ended up breaking the original light (similar to another person on this thread). Very secure.

So this is what I used...

and the light

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096XGSG9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Pics attached.

Credit goes to the OP with this good idea! @doccoch

good job, bubba

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, good question.... the crossbars are NOT perfectly cylindrical in cross section. They are oval. If you feel, they are kind of flattened (wider than they are tall). So you have to come at it from the side and push from the side and then turn in to place. Same when you take them off.

Gonna go ahead and take the blame for NOT telling you guys this previously.
I also broke a clamp. I ended up using Velcro to attach to the bottom horizontal rear bar. The one with the release handles to lift the top up. It fits perfectly and lights things up reaaaaal nice.
If I ever get her back from the motor replacement I will post a pic.
Sponsored