Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How dumb that we have to buy decent lighting? I remember looking in the demos and the FIRST thing I noticed was the lousy lighting in back. Maybe because I'd seen a Sport with it's most excellent (and it turns!) lighting....and wondered why we got left out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How dumb that we have to buy decent lighting? I remember looking in the demos and the FIRST thing I noticed was the lousy lighting in back. Maybe because I'd seen a Sport with it's most excellent (and it turns!) lighting....and wondered why we got left out.
I've had my Bronco about 6 weeks now. On day 2, I was driving my 5 year old daughter around at night on a joy ride (getting ice cream or something). She dropped something on the back seat floor and I thought it fell into the great abyss. Almost wrecked searching for her little toy.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
honestly, I just folded the front part all the way back and STARTED folding the back part back. I did not go ALL the way back with rear windows removed. But I really can't imagine it would matter how it is attached.
Ok, thanks. If you get the chance to drop the top all the way down, I'd be curious how the lights do in the folded top. Never know what might be pressing against what in that configuration. But, in the end, it sounds like it would be easy enough to unclip the lights from the bars, if necessary.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beat me to it. All broncos are a dark cave regardless of top.

I’ve rigged up a couple different options for interior lighting around the roll bars and it works great. Unfortunately the dome lights are PWM and cannot be tapped to work from. Attention lighting vendors, million $ opportunity.

This is some cheap LED tape lights. My second product worked even better but I didn’t get a pic.

BBD69FE2-8633-48AD-AF3B-81396EA78690.jpeg
Go start your own thread about these lighting options immediately. I've been trying to do the same thing and don't know where to start.

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go start your own thread about these lighting options immediately. I've been trying to do the same thing and don't know where to start.
my roll bar fix is ok, and good for individual sections, but your full LED is preferable. I'd love to be able to hit a switch near the dash and light up the world. I'd love more detailed instructions. In fact, I'd like to have BOTH solutions at same time.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, apologies to the OP I didn’t mean to hijack this thread. I will definitely do a full write up when I get it working the way I want.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, apologies to the OP I didn’t mean to hijack this thread. I will definitely do a full write up when I get it working the way I want.
I didn't mean it that way, I just meant I'm crazy excited to see your LED strip style solution.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's so crazy. That was my first idea. The LED light I posted above and originally intended to do in this fashion HAS a magnetic strip on its back already. My bars have NO magnetic attraction at all. So no iron, nickel, or cobalt. I assumed they were made of aluminum? I tried other magnets on it too and there is no attraction.
Yes, it doesn't really stick to the soft top bows well. It has a magnet on the top and one on the end. The one on the end is stronger and sticks great to the roll bar. I have it there to light up the cargo area in the back, because that's the biggest issue for me. The passenger area is also dark but doesn't bother me as much. I need to combine this with your solution and then everything will be covered!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How are soft tops any darker than hard tops? Not like either have a sunroof…

Sponsored

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Low-key Rolex brag
:ROFLMAO: It wasn't in all three of his photos so I think it was a genuine appearance. Plus, I'm washing my Bronco once a week while she's on her coronation tour across Connecticut. A much less humble flex.

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it doesn't really stick to the soft top bows well. It has a magnet on the top and one on the end. The one on the end is stronger and sticks great to the roll bar. I have it there to light up the cargo area in the back, because that's the biggest issue for me. The passenger area is also dark but doesn't bother me as much. I need to combine this with your solution and then everything will be covered!
Ahhh. Ok I c

OP
OP
doccoch

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: It wasn't in all three of his photos so I think it was a genuine appearance. Plus, I'm washing my Bronco once a week while she's on her coronation tour across Connecticut. A much less humble flex.
haha. a decade-old Explorer I is hardly a brag.

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was just cursing the engineers who didn't put decent interior lighting in the cargo bay last night as I tried not to gag on a flashlight.
Thank you sir :cool:
Sponsored