Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see this is just like every other forum I’ve ever posted on.
Damn dude, you should try a FreeBSD forum sometime. This place is Disneyland in the off-season compared to a place like that...
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't worry about @Rick Astley. He's lost his mind looking at Cactus Grey too many times. 🤣

You'll get some shit here sometimes but it's actually one of the better forums I've been part of.

To answer your question....Ford has said things are pretty waterproof. It's yet to be seen though. There is always the possibility they missed something, something fails, etc. I wouldn't worry about rain too much.

We don't have any actual hands-on answers for you yet like Rick was so eloquently explaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a search but didn't find too much.

Does anyone know how durable the interior will be when it comes to precipitation. Let's say someone's out without a top and a thunderstorm hits.

I know jeeps are pretty good, but there have been some issues with the steering wheel/clockspring.

Anyone have any insight? I'd rather know ahead of time than finding out the hard way.
If this is the way you think, then I think you shouldn’t be allowed to buy a new Bronco.

Sponsored

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the switches shouldn't be a problem because they're supposed to be sealed with silicone, but who knows how durable it will be. I have heard it said multiple times that rain shouldn't be a problem, but we won't know until we know.

That being said, I have gotten absolutely soaked in my JKU multiple times (before I got a soft top) and the only thing that ever broke was one clockspring. It wasn't too bad to repair and I found one for half the price of factory online.

When running topless, I would recommend always bringing the front panels for the hard top with you in case a rain storm hits. Even if you can't drive with them on like a Jeep, You can at least pull over and protect the dash electronics. The one time I wasn't able to put those panels on my Jeep was when the clockspring finally broke.
You bring up a question I've been looking for an answer for. Can the panels remain installed on the vehicle without the clamshell. Anyone know the info on that?

Reactions: abe

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You bring up a question I've been looking for an answer for. Can the panels remain installed on the vehicle without the clamshell. Anyone know the info on that?
So what has been relayed from Ford reps, but I wouldn't say is super reliable, is that you can, but with limitations. They have said it is safe for trail use, but they wouldn't drive on the highway. I think it's because there is no cross member for the panels to latch into and this might make it easier for them to get blown off.

Last edited:

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a search but didn't find too much.

Does anyone know how durable the interior will be when it comes to precipitation. Let's say someone's out without a top and a thunderstorm hits.

I know jeeps are pretty good, but there have been some issues with the steering wheel/clockspring.

Anyone have any insight? I'd rather know ahead of time than finding out the hard way.
FL weather is why in went with BL.

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't worry about @Rick Astley. He's lost his mind looking at Cactus Grey too many times. 🤣

You'll get some shit here sometimes but it's actually one of the better forums I've been part of.

To answer your question....Ford has said things are pretty waterproof. It's yet to be seen though. There is always the possibility they missed something, something fails, etc. I wouldn't worry about rain too much.

We don't have any actual hands-on answers for you yet like Rick was so eloquently explaining.
Like they missed the carpet on the back of the MGV seats.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think thats one reason why the visor area is so huge. I think it hangs over the more sensitive bits. I also think going out topless it would be smart to bring your front panels atleast till ya pay it off. The aftermarket will also have emergency covers. Not for driving but if you are somewhere hanging out topless and start to get wet. You know what they say dont forget to bring your towel!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think thats one reason why the visor area is so huge. I think it hangs over the more sensitive bits. I also think going out topless it would be smart to bring your front panels atleast till ya pay it off. The aftermarket will also have emergency covers. Not for driving but if you are somewhere hanging out topless and start to get wet. You know what they say dont forget to bring your towel!
This kills me!
Sponsored