First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4 (2019)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've also seen this issue, but it started after I paired a second phone with the car. When I took initial delivery only my phone was paired. It was rock solid for 3 to 4 days. Once my wife paired her phone my phone would no longer automatically connect. Yesterday I did a device forget, re-added, and it still wouldn't connect. What ultimately got it to connect was holding the VOL + >>> keys. That will reboot your SYNC. I know because my SYNC3 has had issue for a year on my F150 and I have reboot frequently.
Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JTom

Big Bend
First Name
Jana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend Area 51!!
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just took delivery last night. My iPhone 12 won’t connect but my son’s 11 connected no problem. This is my car and I’m extremely directionally challenged some I’m going to have to find a solution ASAP!

please keep me posted if there are any updates for what works for any of you!

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thanks!
Dear Ford contact, Came to this thread looking for answers to a comparable problem. We connect directly via USB C and lightning and have to stop and restart the engine to have CarPlay connect. Thanks for any guidance. Black diamond with mid package. Problem did not start until this past weekend. Assume there was some sort of update.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had the same issues.
1) If I start the car but then leave for a minute with my phone, it won't reconnect. I think the initial handshake with Bluetooth switches to WiFi, but if you interrupt that by walking away it won't reconnect. In the Bronco Connection menu I find that Bluetooth is off. Turning it back on makes it reconnect. Weird.

2) I hardly ever listen to media on my phone, but I must have listened to iHeart Radio at some point because CarPlay randomly switches from Sirius XM (which I listen to almost exclusively) to my phone media. Actually, I shouldn't say "randomly" because it only happens when I start the car initially. I haven't had it switch when backing up or anything like you experienced.
I found the same thing regarding 1). My phone can't connect to "Bronco" via Bluetooth because on the car, bluetooth has turned off. Turning it back on via the connection menu makes it reconnect.
Sponsored