Sponsored

Is there a way to disable the "side panel" in the sync UI?

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By side panel I mean the panel on the side that shows information about the song playing, fuel economy, maps, etc. You can basically customize it to show what you want.

I do not want this anymore and its becoming a neusance now that android auto isnt full screen. I'd rather remove this and just have the full screen experience all the way around if this is an option?

Ford Bronco Is there a way to disable the "side panel" in the sync UI? 1682961398608
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never seen that symbol....

OP
OP

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done this before but there was something goofy with it that made it kind of worthless. Does is revert from full screen when you switch out of Android Auto or something? So you have to do it every time?
Mine stays in full screen every time I get back into my Bronco. Not sure if there's a setting somewhere that could affect it, though.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By side panel I mean the panel on the side that shows information about the song playing, fuel economy, maps, etc. You can basically customize it to show what you want.

I do not want this anymore and its becoming a neusance now that android auto isnt full screen. I'd rather remove this and just have the full screen experience all the way around if this is an option?

Ford Bronco Is there a way to disable the "side panel" in the sync UI? 1682961398608
Been awhile since I messed with it, but what happens when you touch the icon in the bottom right?

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven’t tested this with an Android device (Apple user), but there was an update rolling out late last year for the high and Lux packages to add full screen capability with CarPlay and Android Auto. Is your Bronco up to date?

CrypticOne

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am looking for full screen too but have been stuck on an old version forever. It's connected to Wifi and set to download updates automatically. Power Up Version 2.1.1 is Update to Date on my Bronco. I think I was still on 1.6 or 1.9 until March of this year.

Have an 2021 FE.

I haven't spent too much time looking into a way to force the update that allows full screen AA/CarPlay. I think with FDRS it can be done but you have to pay for a subscription and a bit of hardware to update. Think it is somwhere around version 3.5.2+ Ford added full screen.

The dealer might update it but I am guessing they will charge an hour or so.

I am curious if people with 2021s with the newer sofftware have the tilt/off road screen on the radio side bar? I think it was added in 2022.

Last edited:

CrypticOne

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I finally got 2.1.2 pushed out. Anyone know a way to get the updates faster?

I am looking for full screen too but have been stuck on an old version forever. It's connected to Wifi and set to download updates automatically. Power Up Version 2.1.1 is Update to Date on my Bronco. I think I was still on 1.6 or 1.9 until March of this year.

Have an 2021 FE.

I haven't spent too much time looking into a way to force the update that allows full screen AA/CarPlay. I think with FDRS it can be done but you have to pay for a subscription and a bit of hardware to update. Think it is somwhere around version 3.5.2+ Ford added full screen.

The dealer might update it but I am guessing they will charge an hour or so.

I am curious if people with 2021s with the newer sofftware have the tilt/off road screen on the radio side bar? I think it was added in 2022.

aeolian

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone figure this out? Trying to figure out how to turn it off myself.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tape a piece of cardboard over the right side of the screen and viola, no more extra screen info.

You can thank me later - lol.
Sponsored