Sponsored

Is there a way to make the DRL's stay on all the time?

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 23 and due to the very dark window tint on the sides and windshield my DRL's won't stay on. The DRL's being tied to the ambient light sensor cause my headlights to turn on in the daylight because the tint makes the car think its much darker outside. I did a search and I can't find out if Forscan can program them to stay on all the time until I turn on the headlights manually? I HATE the auto headlamp feature.
Sponsored

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't like the auto headlight feature either. When I start my Bronco, the next two things I do are: press the "autostart/stop" button, and turn the headlight switch to the position I choose. Done!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a ForScan setting to keep the headlight switch in the last used setting - instead of it resetting to 'Auto' at every start. I have done this on mine.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmmm, sensor for headlights are inside cabin? Sounds like a poor design. Seems like pointed toward the outside on the front windshield would be the logical choice.

Regardless, I love the auto setting. DRLs during the day and headlights go on at the right time of day without fault.

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmmm, sensor for headlights are inside cabin? Sounds like a poor design. Seems like pointed toward the outside on the front windshield would be the logical choice.

Regardless, I love the auto setting. DRLs during the day and headlights go on at the right time of day without fault.
Yeah the little black pyramid-ish shaped piece in the center of your dash close to the windshield is the sensor.

Sponsored

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah I recently had my whole windshield and two front windows done. You can definitely tell the headlights are now coming on more than I'd like.

I've been meaning to ask around to see if there was some sensitivity setting that could be adjusted in forscan.

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had this issue with my Wildtrak - even with very minimal windshield tint.

I opted to not have the Windshield tinted on my Raptor and haven’t had a problem. The side windows are tinted.

There is no sensitivity setting in Forscan and the traditional max brightness DRL coding from the F150 doesn’t work.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Mine work fine as well…appears that OP may have too much tint going on?

OP
OP
Raptor Guy

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine work fine as well…appears that OP may have too much tint going on?

Yes indeed that is the issue. I have 50% on the windshield and limo on the roll ups. I was just hoping there was a Forscan setting change that would allow the DRL's to be on all the time when the headlights were off. Oh well.
Ford Bronco Is there a way to make the DRL's stay on all the time? IMG_3345
Sponsored