Sponsored

Is there wire near grill that connects to the aux switch wiring?

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all,

I am going to install aftermarket aux switches that I picked up at the wisconsin super celebration but was wondering about the wiring. One thing I want to Hook up to the switches is my oracle bronco lights. I know I have wiring in the back right of my engine bay, but was wondering if there is a wire near the grill that connects to the aux switch wiring?

Thanks
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you got the Aux switch option form the factory, yes there is a wire there.

If you did not get the Aux switch option from the factory... not all of the wiring is there. I don't recall if the grille wire is there or not, so you may have to run a wire. (@1Five1 Garage probably knows the answer to that question.)

OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome thanks...I have the wire run already to the battery so if not I can just move it over to the other area

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never got the full overview of the wiring and I had to figure it out myself. Here are a couple shortcuts. And this is all written as if you have the factory wiring for the switches. I don't know if you have all of this same pre-wire running that my badlands came with.

From my factory switches, there are six wires that come out of the factory wiring harness/loom in a sort of pigtail. This is under the hood, in front of the steering wheel, against the firewall.

Then right near them coming the other way, from the front of the engine bay, pigtailed sticking toward the firewall is a couple other wires. They are loose and just sticking out there. One of those is violet.

The other end of that violet wire comes out of the loom again right in the center of the grill. you have to take the plastic cover off right under the hood latch.

So if you hook up one of your switch wires to that purple wire, you'll get the switched power right behind the grill.

I did this for my Oracle grille lights and it couldn't have been easier. On the left side, the battery grounds to the fender and I grabbed a ground from that bolt.

It is also my understanding that there are other color coded wires stubbed out in similar fashion behind the glove box, under the right windshield top mount, in the back right cargo area, and maybe under the dash. The idea is that you have to connect these pre-run wires to get the switched power to the area you want. But you may have to connect a couple different ones to make the path.

There is also something in the manual that maps out the wiring and the colors. These first couple sections are a big help.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=7704&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=7704&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of what you hook up needs to be run to the battery. Easy just to hit the aux whips next to the fuse box. Imo the aux wire extensions are about useless. All my switches are populated. Didnā€™t use a single aux extension wire.

OP
OP
Browp24

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I never got the full overview of the wiring and I had to figure it out myself. Here are a couple shortcuts. And this is all written as if you have the factory wiring for the switches. I don't know if you have all of this same pre-wire running that my badlands came with.

From my factory switches, there are six wires that come out of the factory wiring harness/loom in a sort of pigtail. This is under the hood, in front of the steering wheel, against the firewall.

Then right near them coming the other way, from the front of the engine bay, pigtailed sticking toward the firewall is a couple other wires. They are loose and just sticking out there. One of those is violet.

The other end of that violet wire comes out of the loom again right in the center of the grill. you have to take the plastic cover off right under the hood latch.

So if you hook up one of your switch wires to that purple wire, you'll get the switched power right behind the grill.

I did this for my Oracle grille lights and it couldn't have been easier. On the left side, the battery grounds to the fender and I grabbed a ground from that bolt.

It is also my understanding that there are other color coded wires stubbed out in similar fashion behind the glove box, under the right windshield top mount, in the back right cargo area, and maybe under the dash. The idea is that you have to connect these pre-run wires to get the switched power to the area you want. But you may have to connect a couple different ones to make the path.

There is also something in the manual that maps out the wiring and the colors. These first couple sections are a big help.

This is great I appreciate the help...I know I have the wires by the firewall but did not know about the others. I am going to check it out and see if I have the violet wire. I never looked for it while installing the letters since I do not have the switches. This would make the install of my aftermarket easier but if not I can run it to the box since the wire is run to the fuse box aleady

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of what you hook up needs to be run to the battery. Easy just to hit the aux whips next to the fuse box. Imo the aux wire extensions are about useless. All my switches are populated. Didnā€™t use a single aux extension wire.
Do you have back up lights or floods in the back on one of your switches?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have back up lights or floods in the back on one of your switches?
Diode dynamic pro ss1 floods w/red back light. I used their 3 way switch. That way I can have the running light on the whole time, can select then to turn on with reverse, or force on if wanted. Lifter wasnā€™t going to work out for those.

I did the mod that was posted on here cutting into the back bumper to flush mount them. Iā€™ll post pictures if that and the switch it came with when I get home.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hereā€™s the switch it came with.
I tapped the wires on the drivers passenger light with the parking light for the back light and the reverse light to turn the floods on.
Position 1 BL on Floods on reverse
Position off. BL on. No floods reverse
Position 2 Floods only constant.
Ford Bronco Is there wire near grill that connects to the aux switch wiring? FAADEB70-FDCA-4D6B-A310-0F20522AE61A
Ford Bronco Is there wire near grill that connects to the aux switch wiring? 365BFFCC-EB00-4571-9F72-033C5CF0A2AC

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grill wire location
Ford Bronco Is there wire near grill that connects to the aux switch wiring? 62F94524-9B3E-4AEB-8614-878B3F5C917B
Ford Bronco Is there wire near grill that connects to the aux switch wiring? 247BE60F-886A-42B2-9BED-0E40913C0075

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for pics. I'm pretty convinced I need this.

Can you link the post to get the lights in the bumper?
Can you post a pic at night with the red backlight? I didn't even know there was a red backlight option.

And how is the light throw? Is it like daylight back there? Is there a time/reason you don't want them to work with the reverse lights?

Lastly, do you have a build journal going? I can see a few things in your profile pic that I'm curious about. Red lower control arms. Amber DRL. Etc.

Thanks.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for pics. I'm pretty convinced I need this.

Can you link the post to get the lights in the bumper?
Can you post a pic at night with the red backlight? I didn't even know there was a red backlight option.

And how is the light throw? Is it like daylight back there? Is there a time/reason you don't want them to work with the reverse lights?

Lastly, do you have a build journal going? I can see a few things in your profile pic that I'm curious about. Red lower control arms. Amber DRL. Etc.

Thanks.
I donā€™t have a build journal. I usually forget to take pics while Iā€™m working and I do a lot of revisions.

Link to the post for light install.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diode-dynamics-ss1-flush-mounted-in-steel-rear-bumper.45510/
Sponsored

Last edited: