Sponsored

Is this normal or is something going on with my order?

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Worth noting - one of my order codes DID change between the order preview they sent me after I made the initial order. I have no reason to think anything shady happened, either. The system spit out an order code and then the dealer changes it to their internal coding. Mine consisted of my initials and month of order, for example. It took a little digging between Ford and the dealer when it happened, but it all made sense in the end. Hopefully yours is as innocent.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco II, 1993 Lightning, 2020 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Worth noting - one of my order codes DID change between the order preview they sent me after I made the initial order. I have no reason to think anything shady happened, either. The system spit out an order code and then the dealer changes it to their internal coding. Mine consisted of my initials and month of order, for example. It took a little digging between Ford and the dealer when it happened, but it all made sense in the end. Hopefully yours is as innocent.
This is the first time I have ordered a vehicle from Ford so I dont really know the exact process and I think the process has changed or evolved due to demand and supply issues. I dont have any reason to doubt this dealer but I also know there are shady dealers out there. I knew the wait could be a year or more when I placed the orders and I am fine with that but also wanted to verify that everything is being done correctly so I am not waiting on two Broncos that may take 2 years (or more) due to a dealer playing games.

CBWAR1

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F250 Custom 4X4; Pending: Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Perhaps the dealer didn’t process both orders at the same time (forgot one and then remembered) and now making up a plausible explanation. Just a thought

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perhaps the dealer didn’t process both orders at the same time (forgot one and then remembered) and now making up a plausible explanation. Just a thought
I thought about everything a little more and the explanation the dealer sent back to me that I posted could be correct. He did send me the first Preview Order and asked me if everything looked correct and did I want to proceed. I replied and said, Yes, it looked good and proceed. I didnt get another Preview Order sheet from him at that time, just an email saying that he got it ordered. So if what he said about the first one being a "dummy" number and I just never got the actual order number until I followed up in March, that could explain what happened.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People here are quick to accuse the dealer for being shady and start spinning conspiracy theories, take all that with a grain of salt. Call the marketing hotline and confirm that the order you want is still tied to your reservation (if you have one) or when the original order was placed. Below is a copy of my original DORA and one from 4 months later after making some changes. As you can see my Sales Code remained the same but Order Code and Price Level did change. I can confirm that the prices on both are the same and the order was indeed mine.

Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661951952467

Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661951894524

Sponsored
OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
People here are quick to accuse the dealer for being shady and start spinning conspiracy theories, take all that with a grain of salt. Call the marketing hotline and confirm that the order you want is still tied to your reservation (if you have one) or when the original order was placed. Below is a copy of my original DORA and one from 4 months later after making some changes. As you can see my Sales Code remained the same but Order Code and Price Level did change. I can confirm that the prices on both are the same and the order was indeed mine.

Ford Bronco Is this normal or is something going on with my order? 1661951894524

I will give them a call. Thanks.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved in July 2020. My first order was March 21. On the sheet from my dealer was a 5 digit order number. When I got rolled to MY22 I re-ordered in October. My new order sheet had a new 5 digit number from the dealer. Since I reserved online my 8 digit reservation/order number stayed the same throughout. When I called the Bronco hotline looking for my VIN, they could find it under my original 5 digit order number, but the re-order 5 digit number was not found via their search.

Everything with my dealer was on the up and up. So perhaps, your 5 digit dealer order number from your MY21 order just changed when you re-ordered for MY22.

TLDR: My 5 digit dealer order number changed between MY21 and MY22. No funny business at all.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ask your dealer for the copies of your actual DORA. This is the sheet that Ford sends to the dealer when your order has been accepted. It is really the only document that is 100% fact.

OP
OP

ieharris

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would give everyone an update. One week ago today, January 12, 2023, I got an email from the dealer telling me my Bronco had arrived and it would be ready for delivery once they got the final price figured out. I told him I already knew the price since we had an agreement, and he said he agreed but he had to get final approval to do the paperwork.

This whole process seemed shady from the very beginning since I could not seem to get any specific information from the dealer, almost all emails and voicemails were ignored by the dealer, and the order code, price code and priority numbers were all changed with no explanation from the dealer. Through the whole process of rolling over the order each year I never once got an email from Ford, like I was reading was standard, and the dealer did not provide any updates either. I never got an email saying the bronco was scheduled for production, in production, being shipped or anything until the dealer notified me it was at the dealership.

But in the end, the dealer did have my bronco, charged MSRP just as agreed, and delivered it to me yesterday.

The bad news is my wife (this one was for her) gave up on the bronco, because we were pretty sure we would never see it, and bought a new Colorado ZR2 about 10 weeks ago and she does not want to take the loss on the ZR2 to get the bronco. So now we get to sell the bronco we waited 15 months on because of the complete break down in the whole ordering process.

In fairness to the dealer, they never did anything shady, but I don't think they did everything correctly, which caused all of the doubts.

At least we will be able to break even with the current demand on the broncos still high.
Sponsored