Sponsored

Is Zero Offset Proper fitment for Sasquatch?

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't have pics, but I have a stock sasquatch suspension with stock 315 Goodyear tires on RTR EVO6 17x9 0 offset wheels. The tread of the tire sits square with the sasquatch flares, while the sidewalls now poke beyond. These wheels are slightly wider than stock wheels.
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my Bronco going into the shop for a 4 inch lift and 37x13.50's with a 00 offset wheel. Do you think that extra tire width will give me any rubbing issues? I already have them installing the max tire clearance kit from JKS mfg but I'm worried about some rub on the UCA.
Clearance issues likely with 13.50. You should also indicate wheel width for best feedback (+0 offset is not enough info).

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's an 8.5" wide wheel.

This may be a dumb question but if it's a zero offset, doesn't that mean that the mounting surface is in line with the centerline of the wheel? And given that info, you know the tire width, which is typically wider than the wheel width. Genuine question.

Adding onto my original concern. A stock sasquatch had a +30 offset with a 35x12.5 wide tire on a 2 inch lift. A 00 offset would stick out another inch +. That should make up for the extra half inch on each side of a 13.5 wide tire, correct?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be a dumb question but if it's a zero offset, doesn't that mean that the mounting surface is in line with the centerline of the wheel? And given that info, you know the tire width, which is typically wider than the wheel width. Genuine question.
Yes, centerline. Width also affect the sidewall shape.

A 00 offset would stick out another inch +. That should make up for the extra half inch on each side of a 13.5 wide tire, correct?
Yes, when the wheel is facing straight ahead. When turning, the clearance is more complicated and higher backspace can be worse. For example, 37x12.50 17x8.5+12 is fine with only minor crash bar stub trim, but the same 37x12.50 tire on 17x8.5+0 will hit the fender liner (JKS fender liner bracket can fix). The 37x13.50 is presumably worse, so the JKS liner bracket may not eliminate the clearance issue.

Cloak

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I appreciate your input! I guess I'll be the guinea pig and post the results when all the work is done in 1.5 weeks

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-Squatch BL with 00 offset Warn Jackhammers, 37x12.5's Coopers, Dirt Logic coilovers AND Squatch flares. Shows a bit of shoulder which is the perfect amount of poke for my tastes.

Awesome build! What wheels are those? And what brand are the front bumpers from?

1652797071286.png

1652797133837.png
Sponsored