Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First issue I've ever had with my bronco. I'm closing in on 20k miles and after driving it around all day today I get in to go home, my brake is really stiff and the push button to start doesn't do anything. I get out, lock it, call a ford dealership ask if they've seen anything like this and they so no. Unlock the car, try again, dash lights up for a split second and then it basically died, and now fob wont work and cant lock it. I eventually got someone help me jump it which seems to have done the trick but what the heck? Anyone experience this before?
Sponsored

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a pretty dead battery if it won't even lock the doors. I'd jump it again and bring it into the dealership. They shouldn't even have to prorate you on a new battery since it has only been what, a couple years max?

OP
OP
OctagonODG

OctagonODG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah maybe I just got a dud of a battery. I've had it a little over a year. I'll be calling them in the morning.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks, keep us informed.

njk314

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 23 Bronco has only 700 miles on it and it died yesterday as well. Tried to jump but does not turn over.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 23 Bronco has only 700 miles on it and it died yesterday as well. Tried to jump but does not turn over.
Does it have power? I had an issue with mine not cranking, but I had a good battery and power to everything. The stud on my starter had stripped itself so no power to starter.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I 'm having this very issue all of a sudden at 11k miles & 1 year of ownership. It started last weekend so I was hoping that it was a one-off glitch. Nope. It was dead again this weekend as well.

Got everything ready to jump it and power comes back on. Starts fine. Battery reads 14-15v. Then while driving, I get a trailer tow warning, then back up camera warning, then it dies on me while I'm stopped at a red light. DEAD as in no power to anything. Then 1/2 mile later it starts to stroke out again but doesn't die. Then it runs fine until I get it home. Now the check engine light is on. There is an electrical gremlin in my Bronco! 🤖

I am going to read some more threads on this type issue before Monday, but if any of you can help out I would really appreciate it!

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to follow up with an update. Previous responses recom disconnecting the battery for 20+ minutes for the ECU? to reset. I did that and I tightened the fuse box nuts as well, which weren't tight and weren't fully loose either. When I went to town to fuel up, I didn't receive any more warnings, but my check engine light remained.

Turns out, I left my wallet at home. Was disappointed that my check engine light was still on, but once home, I decided to go back to town and fill up after retrieving my wallet. Starting up again, I noticed the check engine was gone. Hmmm!!! So, I filled up and decided to go test it under offroad conditions. TTA donut mode, Mud/Ruts, Sand, & high speed Baja, it didn't flinch in the slightest!

Throughout about 45 min of various testing, it didn't lose power, give a warning, alert, or check engine light. Hopefully, this is no longer an issue and has fixed my issue.
Sponsored