Sponsored

JcrOffroad Mod bumper winch plate now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What changed to where it will work now?
We were about to get all a LUX bronco in order to do the R&D testing. A few customers gave us feedback that it remained working, but we want to do the testing ourselves first.
Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were about to get all a LUX bronco in order to do the R&D testing. A few customers gave us feedback that it remained working, but we want to do the testing ourselves first.
Have you made changes to it? Mine appears to hang down in front of it, I can't see how it would still work.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No changes. ACC works without issue.
Any chance you have confirmed the winch plate will work on the Bronco Raptor ( without ACC) yet?

It looks like it should work, but I haven’t taken delivery yet and the Raptor is full of little surprises !

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you have confirmed the winch plate will work on the Bronco Raptor ( without ACC) yet?

It looks like it should work, but I haven’t taken delivery yet and the Raptor is full of little surprises !
Don’t have reason to believe it would not. It’s mostly all the same parts.

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any recommendations for someone whose ACC still isn't working with this winch plate? When looking at it from the front, more than 1/2 of it is being blocked. Is it working for anyone other than the manufacturer?

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the winch plate and prerunner bars for my Bronco and received them back in May. The driver side had a good gap from making contact with the valance right under the driver side headlamp assembly but the passenger side was way too close. I ran it like that for a few months but eventually got too nervous it would make contact maybe while offroading if I ever made contact with the bar and pushed it towards the vehicle so I removed the lower valance. Now the bronco looks incomplete as its missing the whole bottom panel underneath the grill. Anything I can do to fix this? Does not look easy to bend the passenger side outer mount but I had an idea to hammer it to shift the angles but figured I would ask first.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any recommendations for someone whose ACC still isn't working with this winch plate? When looking at it from the front, more than 1/2 of it is being blocked. Is it working for anyone other than the manufacturer?
What is it doing exactly? Acting erratic?
Have any pictures of your installation?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the winch plate and prerunner bars for my Bronco and received them back in May. The driver side had a good gap from making contact with the valance right under the driver side headlamp assembly but the passenger side was way too close. I ran it like that for a few months but eventually got too nervous it would make contact maybe while offroading if I ever made contact with the bar and pushed it towards the vehicle so I removed the lower valance. Now the bronco looks incomplete as its missing the whole bottom panel underneath the grill. Anything I can do to fix this? Does not look easy to bend the passenger side outer mount but I had an idea to hammer it to shift the angles but figured I would ask first.
Did you ever contact us for support? That would be step 1. [email protected].

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine delivered today. I'll post some pictures and be doing installation this weekend.
I've sent email with pics and details.
Hi folks! I am about to pull the trigger on the JCR winch plate, because it seems to tick more boxes than the Ford Performance one. Most importantly for me, because I have the lux, package Badlands, I want to be able to use my adaptive cruise and my 360 camera and not have any stupid chimes or messages going off on the dash that I have to use FDRS or forscan to mess with. Initially the JCR message was that the ACC bracket needed to be relocated, then it appears that that is no longer the case, and it also appears that there are provisions for the inboard sensors. They also indicate that the camera needs to be relocated, but I have a question about that for anybody who has the same trim level I have and who is actually installed the JCR winch plate. Questions:

1. With the ACC bracket remaining in its OEM location, does it still function as intended with the JCR winch plate? I'm not talking about part of the time or most of the time I'm talking about has anybody noticed any glitches whatsoever after adding the plate? I use my adaptive cruise more than I use a winch, so I'd be foolish to buy a winch that prevents me from using the thing I wanted in the first place.

2. With the sensors moved to the JCR bracket, does anybody notice any impact whatsoever on any of the electronic nanny controls? As in chimes/messages/anything wonky whatsoever? The sheer amount of electronic gadgetry on our cars is overwhelming, even when it all functions as it should... I don't want to deal with having to remember to get an intern something off or reset this or that or take to a dealership and have them program something or other.

3. Has anybody with the locks package and the JCR winch bought any particular winch and taken off the solenoid to relocate it and kept the camera in the stock position? I don't mind buying the bracket to relocate it, but I also wonder if after somebody relocates it if anything has to be recalibrated to compensate for the camera being lower and/or thinking that the nose is sitting higher.

Thanks for whatever feedback you are willing to share! I don't want to go with a hidden winch option from RC because I don't want to have to cut off parts of the frame and I don't want to relocate the heat exchanger directly behind my shutters which will then no longer open properly. I don't want to buy an entire new bumper, because I've yet to find one that not only allows the ACC bracket to stay where it is but also that doesn't block at least some of the air flow to the intercooler. If the answer to one of my three questions above is negative then I may just go with the new bracket that allows you to mount your winch in the rear of the vehicle. I would have gone with that instead of the JCR bracket but it gets expensive quickly relocating the rear exhaust, buying the bracket, and then drilling and cutting the vertical face of my aftermarket bumper to be able to mount the fair lead. Also, even though I know I could use a system of pulleys and so forth for a reverse pull, I don't anticipate needing a winch on the rear as often as I would on the front. I thought somebody that was handy at fabrication could have made a kick ass light front bumper that also could retain the factory opening for the intercooler and ACC bracket and that includes steel mounting points for a winch...but it seems that every bump are out there also requires buying yet another bracket to relocate either the ACC bracket or the sensors or the camera or all of the above.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi folks! I am about to pull the trigger on the JCR winch plate, because it seems to tick more boxes than the Ford Performance one. Most importantly for me, because I have the lux, package Badlands, I want to be able to use my adaptive cruise and my 360 camera and not have any stupid chimes or messages going off on the dash that I have to use FDRS or forscan to mess with. Initially the JCR message was that the ACC bracket needed to be relocated, then it appears that that is no longer the case, and it also appears that there are provisions for the inboard sensors. They also indicate that the camera needs to be relocated, but I have a question about that for anybody who has the same trim level I have and who is actually installed the JCR winch plate. Questions:

1. With the ACC bracket remaining in its OEM location, does it still function as intended with the JCR winch plate? I'm not talking about part of the time or most of the time I'm talking about has anybody noticed any glitches whatsoever after adding the plate? I use my adaptive cruise more than I use a winch, so I'd be foolish to buy a winch that prevents me from using the thing I wanted in the first place.

2. With the sensors moved to the JCR bracket, does anybody notice any impact whatsoever on any of the electronic nanny controls? As in chimes/messages/anything wonky whatsoever? The sheer amount of electronic gadgetry on our cars is overwhelming, even when it all functions as it should... I don't want to deal with having to remember to get an intern something off or reset this or that or take to a dealership and have them program something or other.

3. Has anybody with the locks package and the JCR winch bought any particular winch and taken off the solenoid to relocate it and kept the camera in the stock position? I don't mind buying the bracket to relocate it, but I also wonder if after somebody relocates it if anything has to be recalibrated to compensate for the camera being lower and/or thinking that the nose is sitting higher.

Thanks for whatever feedback you are willing to share! I don't want to go with a hidden winch option from RC because I don't want to have to cut off parts of the frame and I don't want to relocate the heat exchanger directly behind my shutters which will then no longer open properly. I don't want to buy an entire new bumper, because I've yet to find one that not only allows the ACC bracket to stay where it is but also that doesn't block at least some of the air flow to the intercooler. If the answer to one of my three questions above is negative then I may just go with the new bracket that allows you to mount your winch in the rear of the vehicle. I would have gone with that instead of the JCR bracket but it gets expensive quickly relocating the rear exhaust, buying the bracket, and then drilling and cutting the vertical face of my aftermarket bumper to be able to mount the fair lead. Also, even though I know I could use a system of pulleys and so forth for a reverse pull, I don't anticipate needing a winch on the rear as often as I would on the front. I thought somebody that was handy at fabrication could have made a kick ass light front bumper that also could retain the factory opening for the intercooler and ACC bracket and that includes steel mounting points for a winch...but it seems that every bump are out there also requires buying yet another bracket to relocate either the ACC bracket or the sensors or the camera or all of the above.
I have the winch plate and a bandland apex 12000 lb winch. They claim the ACC works in place, but it didn't for me. I used a relocation for it from DV8 offroad and it works fine. Only issue I have had is on long rides the bugs will splatter it and cause it to stop working. I also relocated the parking sensors and camera. Only issue I have is during branking the sensors will sometimes go off. Probably more due to the added weight in the front. Feel free to hit me up if you have other questions.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the winch plate and a bandland apex 12000 lb winch. They claim the ACC works in place, but it didn't for me. I used a relocation for it from DV8 offroad and it works fine. Only issue I have had is on long rides the bugs will splatter it and cause it to stop working. I also relocated the parking sensors and camera. Only issue I have is during branking the sensors will sometimes go off. Probably more due to the added weight in the front. Feel free to hit me up if you have other questions.
Thanks! I called them today and they swear that it works without relocating the ACC...do you know if there is an early iteration of the plate in which it didn't work and then a later iteration that it did? I know they just want to sell their product so I take the feedback from my fellow forum members as more accurate than what the sales folks will tell me. Does the bracket obscure any of the ACC sensor? I know there are some people on the forum that were chapped because initially they said you needed to relocate the ACC but then later said you didn't...and some folks indicated that they wish they would have known that prior to relocating the ACC. It is still unclear to me as to whether or not there were two different versions of the plate.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I called them today and they swear that it works without relocating the ACC...do you know if there is an early iteration of the plate in which it didn't work and then a later iteration that it did? I know they just want to sell their product so I take the feedback from my fellow forum members as more accurate than what the sales folks will tell me. Does the bracket obscure any of the ACC sensor? I know there are some people on the forum that were chapped because initially they said you needed to relocate the ACC but then later said you didn't...and some folks indicated that they wish they would have known that prior to relocating the ACC. It is still unclear to me as to whether or not there were two different versions of the plate.
They have told me there were no updates to it and that it should work, but it's not for me. Here's a picture from mine. You can clearly see that it blocks about 1/2 of the sensor, so not sure how they can say that it does work.
Ford Bronco JcrOffroad Mod bumper winch plate now available! f7k8iwpq

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks again! That makes it much more clear... from their pictures it is tough to get an idea of exactly how much of that unit is blocked. Before you relocated yours, did it just not work at all or was it hit or miss?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.