Sponsored

Jeep delivers on 4Xe production! Assy. vid.

• Thread starter Deleted member 15397
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's designed and built right here in the USA by your own countrymen. Who cares who the giant parent company is. Ford is also all over Europe. People are just stuck with their head in a name. Nothing is designed or built completely in America, but few smaller companies.
The Pentastar engine is Italian made. The heart of every vehicle is the engine. But a fair amount of the Wrangler is a least US made. The last I saw was about 74% if I remember correctly. Honda actually dominates the top of the list for American made which is comical.

Fiat has stated that they are willing to sell Jeep and a Chinese company has said they are interested in buying it so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure if that is still a thing after the Peugeot merger and changing the name to Stellantis.

After the merger a part owner will already be Dongfeng Motor Group based in none other than Wuhan, China. lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who care who owns it now. Anyway, almost all auto manufactures have parts from all over the world (they all out source parts from all over).

The new generation of Jeep JL has come a long ways from the old days when it was part of original Chrysler. It has a lot better design and creature comforts. Quality has significantly improved. I see most problems in the 1st couple of years due to it being completely new design, which gave it a bad rep.

People tend to overlook all the problems Ford's been having (and still have) with the eco-Boost engines since 2009 and not to even mention their transmissions issues.

Current Jeeps have one of the best transmissions in the industry and the 3.6L V6 has been proven already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

Overall, competition is great to have and there will be many more competing vehicles in the next 2-4 years, which is only good for the consumers.
That’s what I’ve been saying this entire thread lol

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
joined up makes it sound like a merger rather than a failed company bought to avoid bankruptcy.
foreign owned for over 20 yrs, they could use some alien tech.
Blah blah blah, it’s a merger. Regardless of the circumstances of a merger, it’s a merger and they’re going even further next year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 13702

No offense but; this is a bronco forum, why does the moderator allow posts like this and not others, even if they are bronco related ..
I don't know, direct competition to the bronco. As someone who has considered this option it might be interesting to hear other peoples point of view on a product that could affect my decision to get a Bronco. But I can understand your frustrations if you have had posts removed and see one about a jeep.

OP
OP

Deleted member 13702

I'm GETTING a Bronco. Because I need a new vehicle and truly I can't picture any other vehicle in my life
But I do have a nagging guilt that I'm grabbing another gas guzzler, at a time where we all should be shifting our attention towards minimizing our footprint and setting the right examples. Its my desire vs my conscience
Fun vs morals type of thing

Anyone else have that dilemma?

I'm sure Ford has a hybrid version of the Bronco on their roadmap
I'm in the same boat. I have even gone as far as contacting my jeep dealer to get more info on the 4xe. But, I keep coming back to the Bronco, and ultimately will probably end up with it. My new dilemma is 4 cylinder or 6. So?

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First 4xe units January but msrp still not released? Well at least Ford has provided us with most of the pricing several months or years before first bronco units being delivered.
4xe being built right now, when MSRP is out you will be able to go buy one. Ford on the other hand with the Bronco? So you know a price tag, but how close are you to driving a Bronco?

Nobody even knows when their Bronco will be made. You may know the Bronco MSRP but it’s going to be 7 months minimum if you were a first hour reservation holder. Many people will not even get their Bronco for another 12 months.

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, me too... during these uncertain times.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you taken the test recently?? :LOL: :LOL:

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually like the 4xe and really wish Ford had come out of the gate with something similar as an option for the Bronco. At this time, I like hybrids a lot more than full electric. Full electric is fun (lots of power) and simple (not as much to break down), but we don't have the infrastructure to support it across the board - places like campsites and such. Not to mention long trips suddenly require more frequent, and longer, breaks to recharge. We'll solve those issues (see the new solid state battery Toyota is rolling out), or move to something like hydrogen powered; but we're not there yet. So for now, I prefer the hybrids.

I'm still locked in on a Badlands with the 2.7L, but the 4xe is the only vehicle out there that qualifies as a fall-back option for me at this point.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That is such a well shot video - makes BN videos look like total amateur hour.
And was refreshingly flannel free!

Reactions: Axe

Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually like the 4xe and really wish Ford had come out of the gate with something similar as an option for the Bronco. At this time, I like hybrids a lot more than full electric. Full electric is fun (lots of power) and simple (not as much to break down), but we don't have the infrastructure to support it across the board - places like campsites and such. Not to mention long trips suddenly require more frequent, and longer, breaks to recharge. We'll solve those issues (see the new solid state battery Toyota is rolling out), or move to something like hydrogen powered; but we're not there yet. So for now, I prefer the hybrids.

I'm still locked in on a Badlands with the 2.7L, but the 4xe is the only vehicle out there that qualifies as a fall-back option for me at this point.
I will be watching to see what Tesla comes out with as they offer the best batteries so far, but I'm sure Ford will be offering an electric hybrid of Bronco in a year or two. I don't think hydrogen will take off (even though Toyota still makes hydrogen hybrids), because electric is cheaper and easier to expand the infrastructure.

As batteries advance we could have a really nice balance of electric / gas option. With more battery capacity and an infrastructure like Tesla's a fully electric model would be really fun. Just imagine no more oil and filter changes, no more transmission problems to deal with (as Ford currently does with the 10 speed).

I wonder why nobody asks the questions about the ecoBoost engines and transmission problems (and the lawsuits) at the Bronco events. What has Ford done differently to prevent the same problems on the Bronco? It's always more commonly about what colors, interior, hard top and manual for 2.7L. I guess most people don't think they will keep their Bronco very long, so they don't care either way.

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know, direct competition to the bronco. As someone who has considered this option it might be interesting to hear other peoples point of view on a product that could affect my decision to get a Bronco. But I can understand your frustrations if you have had posts removed and see one about a jeep.
Exactly - we were super excited about the Bronco, but the recent wrench into the summer delivery has us seriously considering the JL Unlimited Rubicon. The accessory aftermarket is absolutely incredible - how long will it take for the Bronco to have the same level? Also, having friends with fully built out Jeeps make it that much easier - run into a problem during suspension swap? Hop on a call. I'm not saying this can't be done for the Bronco, but, that support system is going to need to be built.

The more I look into the JLUR... the more it makes sense. Summer delivery just happened to be a match made in heaven.

Here's to hoping Ford changes my mind in January before I pull the trigger. I really want a Badlands with the 2.7L and 10 Speed.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be watching to see what Tesla comes out with as they offer the best batteries so far, but I'm sure Ford will be offering an electric hybrid of Bronco in a year or two. I don't think hydrogen will take off (even though Toyota still makes hydrogen hybrids), because electric is cheaper and easier to expand the infrastructure.

As batteries advance we could have a really nice balance of electric / gas option. With more battery capacity and an infrastructure like Tesla's a fully electric model would be really fun. Just imagine no more oil and filter changes, no more transmission problems to deal with (as Ford currently does with the 10 speed).

I wonder why nobody asks the questions about the ecoBoost engines and transmission problems (and the lawsuits) at the Bronco events. What has Ford done differently to prevent the same problems on the Bronco? It's always more commonly about what colors, interior, hard top and manual for 2.7L. I guess most people don't think they will keep their Bronco very long, so they don't care either way.
The ecoboost issues I've seen are the smaller engines (other than the plastic oil pan), but I'm not completely sold on Ford vehicles, in general. It seems they've fallen behind in recent years, but I feel better about their truck-based vehicles, and the Bronco slots in that category.

I was surprised recently to see the Gladiator ahead of the Tacoma in the Consumer Reports ratings for the segment. Maybe the Fiat Jeeps are better than people want to admit.

There are a variety of things I like better about the Bronco than the Wrangler, so the Bronco is my clear first choice. But I'd also be happy with a Wrangler, particularly the 4xe.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm after watching the video(which as an automotive technician really enjoyed)I noticed the lack of washout floors on the 4XE!
Sponsored