cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Test drove a Bronco last week, decided to order, especially since my dealer is accepting orders with no obligation or money down (win-win for them, if I decline they can sell for even more). Brought the demo Bronco home last Monday so my wife could try it too (2 young kids makes it hard to test drive together). Both of us noticed how much better the handling is immediately, and we also feel like the interior is much more roomy. Overall the Bronco just feels like a much better vehicle.

I ordered Cyber Orange, but I'm probably going to change to Iconic Silver. There is a sold IS 2 door in the showroom, and I think the sliver with the orange accents on the BL would be awesome.

I also ordered the hard top, and then the full retractable soft top thinking that was the dual top package, but now after doing some research it looks like that soft top is just the Bestop with the fastback look, which I'm not a fan of so I think I'll drop it from the order and wait for soft tops to be available to buy.

I ordered the tube doors as well, because in PA it is illegal to take the doors off (though rarely enforced except Pittsburgh and Philly). I think the exact wording of the law is that you have to run doors if they were on the vehicle from the factory. So old Jeeps that had doors as an option can run door less (my notary's son has an old CJ and has had to explain to cops that he's legal without doors). But with the Ford tube door option stating that they meet all safety specs, I think they'll be legal!
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read the site closely- get a signed purchase agreement to purchase at MSRP or possibly face a huge mark up when it comes in. This has happened a lot and with nothing in writing, email, etc saying they will honor MSRP- they may mark it up and you’ll have nothing to fight them with.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read the site closely- get a signed purchase agreement to purchase at MSRP or possibly face a huge mark up when it comes in. This has happened a lot and with nothing in writing, email, etc saying they will honor MSRP- they may mark it up and you’ll have nothing to fight them with.
WISDOM THIS IS.

Ford Bronco Jeep JLUR Owner, Just Ordered a BL SAS 322EEDCB-E1A5-4C70-B310-0433E6ABEF5A

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What made you take the leap?

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already have, it is very disappointing what dealers are doing. I have a pricing sheet, but I didn't make them sign it, and I wouldn't do it. First, I'm pretty happy with my Jeep and I'll be taking out more debt on the Bronco, so if I end up passing on the Bronco, its not like I NEED a new vehicle.

Second, and this is very important and something I don't think many people understand - if the dealer tries to pull that crap on me, then I don't want to buy from them. If I need a signed contract to keep them honest, I don't want to do business with them. Also, Ford dealers seem to have the worst history when it comes to ADM (early 00s T-Birds, GT, numerous specials edition mustangs, Focus RS, and probably more). If they try to pull ADM crap on me, then I'll keep my Jeep and never step foot in a Ford dealer again for any reason.

What made you take the leap?
Handles much better, roomier interior, easier to remove top and doors. ;)

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I already have, it is very disappointing what dealers are doing. I have a pricing sheet, but I didn't make them sign it, and I wouldn't do it. First, I'm pretty happy with my Jeep and I'll be taking out more debt on the Bronco, so if I end up passing on the Bronco, its not like I NEED a new vehicle.

Second, and this is very important and something I don't think many people understand - if the dealer tries to pull that crap on me, then I don't want to buy from them. If I need a signed contract to keep them honest, I don't want to do business with them. Also, Ford dealers seem to have the worst history when it comes to ADM (early 00s T-Birds, GT, numerous specials edition mustangs, Focus RS, and probably more). If they try to pull ADM crap on me, then I'll keep my Jeep and never step foot in a Ford dealer again for any reason.

Gotcha. As long as you know what some of these dealers are doing- that’s all I’m trying to point out.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I have to disagree with removing the top and doors. The external hinges on the wrangler are stupid easy.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Second, and this is very important and something I don't think many people understand - if the dealer tries to pull that crap on me, then I don't want to buy from them. If I need a signed contract to keep them honest, I don't want to do business with them.
Spent the first 50+ years of my life in western Pa, now further south. I'm in 100% agreement with you, but be aware, I've been called names and ridiculed for saying as much.

So now we both patiently wait.. Contented.

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to disagree with removing the top and doors. The external hinges on the wrangler are stupid easy.
Good to know, I haven't removed the doors from the bronco yet. But I do like that they can be stored in the vehicle and are half doors.

Spent the first 50+ years of my life in western Pa, now further south. I'm in 100% agreement with you, but be aware, I've been called names and ridiculed for saying as much.

So now we both patiently wait.. Contented.
I just moved back to western PA after 25 years in the Tampa area ;) and yes, if I had passed on the Wrangler because I was waiting for the Bronco it would be a different story, but I'm happy enough with my Jeep that if the Bronco doesn't work out, I'll keep what I have :)
Sponsored