Sponsored

Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the lights, and the brights

*1am(ish) on Heyers Mill road for the Jersey Folks, usually shit tonna deers to the right
Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice IMG_2827
Sponsored

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had non-signature lights as well. Snow stuck to them just like yours. I did two things. 1. I got Occulus headlights from Oracle. 2. Covered them with film from Lamin-x. Snow just slides off.

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last winter I drove through major blizzards in Colorado and Utah on a Ski trip -- turned out to be a historical record for snow. Never had a problem with headlights. I cleaned them off once at a gas stop and the buildup was worse than these photos, but the reduction in light was hardly noticeable. Most aftermarket lights are for off road use only, and there are plenty of idiots driving on road with these lights putting everyone else at risk. If you cause an accident driving with illegal lights, you will be at liable and at fault - -just saying...
glad someone said it.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Holy shit...

No way I'm driving in front of you on the highway... Please feel free to pass!
I don't run them if I am behind someone or on coming traffic. Now if someone in the oncoming side doesn't dim their lights, they will be getting a tan from mine.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't run them if I am behind someone or on coming traffic. Now if someone in the oncoming side doesn't dim their lights, they will be getting a tan from mine.
*hold my beer*

Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice Wrap6

Our F150 is setup that way :)

We usually have the Diode Dynamics Elite Headlights installed (which have 3x SSC2 per side built in). Plus the 6x SS3 Max in the grille. Then some Morimoto HXB Pillar Lights and finally a Baja Designs 40" S8 Bar setup on 2 switches. One switch turns it on. Another switch makes it strobe :)

So yeah... MOVE OUT OF THE LEFT LANE if your driving slow and i'm behind ya :)

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ColoradoChris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak HOSS 3.0!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've wanted to install some headlight washers just for this reason - severe snowstorm at night in Glenwood canyon CO made me rethink my lighting needs:

Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 12.03.03 PM
Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 12.03.03 PM

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had non-signature lights as well. Snow stuck to them just like yours. I did two things. 1. I got Occulus headlights from Oracle. 2. Covered them with film from Lamin-x. Snow just slides off.
Great to know the Lamin-X works that well! We are developing a heated lens Oculus light as well to prevent snow build up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, 07 Chevy turbo diesel pickup
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LEDs are useless in ice or snow conditions because they can't generate enough heat to melt the ice/snow. Same issue with early production LED tower obstruction beacons. They now have heaters to melt the ice and snow.
Last few years, I've noticed the same thing with traffic lights - the new LEDs don't generate enough heat to melt the snow accumulation on the lenses. Nothing like approaching an intersection on a snowy night, and guessing whether or not you have the green light.

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have been field testing the heated lenses on the Broncos. We are just making some final tweaks to the temp sensors before we start production.
Sponsored