Sponsored

Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree, but the pics on this thread are mostly off road lights. I have no issue with aftermarket headlights if they are done properly and DOT compliant. But I will say in recent years night driving has gotten more fatiguing and dangerous because of brighter lights, and I'm sure many are not compliant.
You are 100% correct that people are using off-road lights on regular roads or non compliant DOT lights. They are super annoying and definitely blind oncoming traffic. I have off-road lights on my bronco that I will not use on the regular roads. Weird part is I see them more on regular cars then I do on trucks/jeeps/bronco etc. I have found near me those with the ridiculous fog lights are the douche bags in a bmw, Lexus, Mercedes weaving in and out of traffic with a few f150's with huge tires and lift flying by everyone

-I am not calling all people with those vehicles douche bags, just the people blinding everyone else.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be honest half the people on the road can't change their own oil what makes you think they know there is a hi/lo beam switch. Then there are the people with burned out lo beam driving with high beams. Then people who have aftermarket lights off from walmart who just want as bright as possible. List goes on in on with this dumpster fire.

@kodiakisland I have looked at Halogen flood lights for offroad lights as they do generate more heat and have more potential melting power for snow wheeling. I find light bars and 3" pod lights to be cups and hold snow. If I lived in a cold state still I would get 2 retro floodlights and see how they work, they can literally burn you. Shouldn't be to hard on the electrical system is you just run 2.

Aftermarket headlight debate, my stock base model LEDs where fine for me. Now after getting some Form headlights I still think stock headlights are fine. For the blind people out there you do get some benefit from certain aftermarket headlights.

Example is this stolen picture! The red circle on the stock low beams is what everyone looks as being good lighting. The stock lights and Form lights have very little difference in this area. I can tell you I personal only though the difference was the aftermarket lights had a whiter light. Your not getting some massive addition of light, it is noticeable but factory is fine in this area.
Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice 1704481166263

Now the second stolen picture! The Form lights really stretch that center lighting out. Your are not gaining more lighted area just more light in the area. I really didn't notice the improvement till driving in the fog. I use the highway markers to judge sight distance and that area of road was as well lit as directly ahead. More of a light pattern improvement which picture do a poor job of showing.
Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice 1704481278059

I would comment on other brands/lights but I don't own them.

OBXJoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im all set
Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice 1704481278059

I got them for Deer though, drive through a town where cops use deer to enforce the speed limit basically
How do you like the mirror lights,are they bright enough?

Sponsored
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like a good excuse for more mods. “Babe, I NEED these lights, it’s for my safety”

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you like the mirror lights,are they bright enough?
I have them. They're decently bright, but not Baja Designs bright.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Old truckers trick cooking oil spray(Pam) also works on snow blowers and snow shovels. All Broncos have heated mirrors they come on with the rear window defrost button even on soft tops.

Taco2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This happened to me last year going through NYC and on the New Jersey Turnpike and it was scary. If I had others lights, I would have been much safer…or at least would have been able to kick it up to 25 mph.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally agree. There is nothing at wrong with the headlights. I have the non-signature version and love them. Luckily no snow for me.
They could use more side spill. I can't see worth a damn when turning from one dirt road to another, but my wife's F-150 is the same. I think newer vehicles just have a more aggressive side cut off on the lights.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LEDs are useless in ice or snow conditions because they can't generate enough heat to melt the ice/snow. Same issue with early production LED tower obstruction beacons. They now have heaters to melt the ice and snow.
Yep!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. It has definitely gotten worse than it was 10-20 years ago.
100% agree.

99.98% of what bugs us is ....
.... people buying the cheapest shit they can find,
.... people putting in those damn LED replacement lamps into housings designed for halogen/incandescent lamps.
.... people aiming their shitty factory headlights incorrectly.
.... straight up illegal lighting use.

The high quality DOT compliant stuff, installed correctly gives better lighting for the driver and far less glare for the oncoming traffic.
Even at that, US lighting (DOT/SAE) standards are far behind the Europeans, but I understand they are drafting new standards to bring us up to date with the new tech and engineering available.

My factory Subaru Legacy headlights were my introduction to driving behind a kickass lighting pattern.
An upper cut-off so sharp, it would cut you! LOL!
Those lights are what got me going down the quality lighting rabbit hole.

Essentially NOBODY flashed me, but those lights ROCKED to drive behind.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't installed them just yet, but this is why I bought a pair of 7" Cibie LED Oscars and SVP mod bumper brackets. They are road legal.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be honest half the people on the road can't change their own oil what makes you think they know there is a hi/lo beam switch. Then there are the people with burned out lo beam driving with high beams. Then people who have aftermarket lights off from walmart who just want as bright as possible. List goes on in on with this dumpster fire.
^This is so true. My wife always laughs when I point out clowns driving down the road with hi beams on and majority have no clue.
Sponsored