First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I right that even on his dyno it shows power loss under 3k? I don't drive my cars at over 4k rpm!
Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Cl1ckst3r

Yes that is the part. Hold up to a good light and check for gaps. Mine started with a gap and then within a couple hundred mikes the “cap“ area failed.

K&N has been very easy to work with. Panda has also been responsive.

8ABC6B1B-F5DC-4C81-B81E-142110BA4BD2.jpeg

985F679D-FF4A-457B-B271-E38A26641F54.jpeg
Knowing that this is an issue, should one just proactively put some JBWeld or even super glue in the seam around the cap?

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't speak to that. If the gap is visible, it will fail. If you don't have a gap, it's a properly produced part and should be good.

If you have a gap, just call K&N and get a new part.

Dlew

Outer Banks
First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Emailed K&N that evening, and the next morning got a reply from K&N letting me know the replacement will be shipped but no tracking on the replacement part.

Update - got the replacement tee on Saturday (same tee design) so I used hi-temperature tape to wrap around it and it is working now. Emailed K&N Wednesday night and got the part on Saturday afternoon (3-day, pretty good response time).

So did the new one hold up?
We got the engine warning only a few days after installing the intake. Saw other posts about the ejector tee, sure enough, our's had a hole. Called K&N, sending out 2 extras just in case. I hope our's gets here as quick as your's.

Dlew

Outer Banks
First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Knowing that this is an issue, should one just proactively put some JBWeld or even super glue in the seam around the cap?
We have a new ejector tee coming to us from K&N. I am thinking that we should pretreat it also.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chris@pandamotorworks

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have THESE IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP! Comes with a FREE FALL Hooded T-Shirt As Well!

@Caleb@PandaMotorworks or myself would be happy to get you guys squared away!

I also have a meeting setup at SEMA to talk about all of the feedback and hopefully they can address them for us!

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I right that even on his dyno it shows power loss under 3k? I don't drive my cars at over 4k rpm!
I don't notice any power loss on the low end.

Cameron Alfred's YouTube () shows more TQ and HP from 3600RPM to Redline and pretty much matches the stock curve below 3600.

K&N should probably post a new dyno chart......

Fish0411

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Porsche 911, 2023 Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
How much power does a K&N Intake actually gain on your Ford Bronco??🤔

We sent Cameron Alford one to install and put it on the dyno and find out just how much it would gain! ⚠ WARNING⚠ The results may shock you!

So.... did you guys fix the elbow issue?

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't notice any power loss on the low end.

Cameron Alfred's YouTube () shows more TQ and HP from 3600RPM to Redline and pretty much matches the stock curve below 3600.

K&N should probably post a new dyno chart......
Actually, after further inspection. You might be on to something. He quickly scans past the early part of the dyno and there is some HP and TQ drop before 2400 RPM, the line matches at 2600RPM to 3600RPM then the gains come in. I was able to get a screen shoot....

Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake 2.3_Dyno

From a driver's standpoint, I don't think the loss is noticeable. It's masked by the turbo noises. ;-)

BRNC_4X

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 4 Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the check engine light come on after a couple of hundred miles of driving with this K&N intake... Thanks to this thread and the person that pointed out the vent ejector tee. I just checked mine and found it got a chunk missing from it. I will try calling K&N tomorrow to get a replacement. However, reliability could be an issue unless they have improved that design already.

K_N.jpg
I am so glad I stumbled across this image! I had picked up a random plastic piece that had fallen to my garage floor while performing an oil change this past week. Decide to keep it till I figured out where it came from. Saw this posting and rushed out to the garage to confirm. Check!! It must had fallen/blown off and came to rest on top of the belly skid plate.
I’ve thrown a check engine light several times since installing my K&N kit and couldn’t figure out what the problem was. Even called customer service, only to be told to check all my connections as something must be loose. Crazy thing is that the piece looks to have an epoxy or glue residue on it, rather than being a part of the original mold.
I had the check engine light come on after a couple of hundred miles of driving with this K&N intake... Thanks to this thread and the person that pointed out the vent ejector tee. I just checked mine and found it got a chunk missing from it. I will try calling K&N tomorrow to get a replacement. However, reliability could be an issue unless they have improved that design already.

Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake K_N
Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake 73EB25C1-F1B4-4E70-90CC-98F62E4C4D7C
Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake 187C7A27-3D42-4562-8CEE-DE651E68ADBE

Sponsored

ken101lee

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150 V8 (5-spd), 2013 Audi S4 (6-spd)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did the new one hold up?
We got the engine warning only a few days after installing the intake. Saw other posts about the ejector tee, sure enough, our's had a hole. Called K&N, sending out 2 extras just in case. I hope our's gets here as quick as your's.
Yes, it is working fine. No issues after replaced with the new one + wrapped it with hi-temp tape.

diego0986

Badlands
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Second, every hose and electrical disconnect is different. I don't know if it was me but step 11 was pain in the a$$ to disconnect.
Yep... broke the white clip last night getting the EVAP hose off. I guess zip ties will hold it on for now.