Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Skmac

I’ve picked up about .7 per gallon. Note; I do run premium fuel as well. So literally….you’re mileage may vary.;)
Sponsored

Demosouthpaw

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B R O N C O
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Cl1ckst3r

Yes that is the part. Hold up to a good light and check for gaps. Mine started with a gap and then within a couple hundred mikes the “cap“ area failed.

K&N has been very easy to work with. Panda has also been responsive.

8ABC6B1B-F5DC-4C81-B81E-142110BA4BD2.jpeg

985F679D-FF4A-457B-B271-E38A26641F54.jpeg
Something that can be plastic welded or the gap is nessesary?

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I decided to install my intake on Wednesday. I am not the most mechanical person but I have installed several air intakes over the years....this was by far the most complicated since you are not only replacing the airbox but also the intake tube.

First, if you don't want to destroy your factory CCV connector that connects to the valve cover make sure you have a 90 degree pick as part of your tools.

Second, every hose and electrical disconnect is different. I don't know if it was me but step 11 was pain in the a$$ to disconnect.

Third, do a thorough inspection of you parts before you start pulling you intake apart. My kit was missing all six m6 bolts (part A), the intake adapter was wrong (part N), and part Y was the wrong size 80mm instead of 50mm.

With that said, you can probably guess that I didn't have 90degree pick, so I used a pair of snips to remove this connector....kind of a point of no return decision. This was step 13, so this was the final step in removing the air intake tube.

Intake tube and airbox are now completely removed, so I glide through 14 through 27. This is when I realize that intake adapter was wrong. It had three screw holes instead of the two depicted on part N and it would not fit through the airbox hole. So, now what do I do? I should call the help line. Sadly, it was 4:04PM Central--K&N Customer Support is only open from 10AM to 4PM Central.

At this point, I either don't drive the Bronco (since I can't put it back to stock since I destroyed the CCV connector) or I'd have to get creative.

So, I got creative. I made a "hot" air intake as a temporary solution. I just connected the filter to the supplied (wrong) adapter and connected that intake tube....so, no airbox. It worked as a 24 hour solution.

I called K&N the first thing the next day and they overnighted the correct parts which I installed yesterday.

So, my initial impressions are:

It seems to increase low end torque...I think boost builds sooner and quicker. I think the Dyno from K&N is just a bad run or a bad graph.
I *think* it increases high end horse power, but I can't really be sure.
The best part is you can hear all the great turbo noises.

Overall, I am happy. I just reset my trip (2) to computer. I will report back with any MPG improvements.

Lauraleighx3

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Cl1ckst3r

Yes that is the part. Hold up to a good light and check for gaps. Mine started with a gap and then within a couple hundred mikes the “cap“ area failed.

K&N has been very easy to work with. Panda has also been responsive.

8ABC6B1B-F5DC-4C81-B81E-142110BA4BD2.jpeg

985F679D-FF4A-457B-B271-E38A26641F54.jpeg
Man I can't thank you enough. Turns out this was my problem. Didn't notice it being lose and have been driving around with a CEL. Looks like mine straight up blew off.... Reached out to K&N, awaiting a response. Not sure if I should not drive right now or not tho....
Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake 20220801_163759

Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Lauraleighx3

I'm glad I was able to help.

That is exactly what my second part did. Blew the “cap” off while driving.

Lauraleighx3

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, if you don't want to destroy your factory CCV connector that connects to the valve cover make sure you have a 90 degree pick as part of your tools.

With that said, you can probably guess that I didn't have 90degree pick, so I used a pair of snips to remove this connector....kind of a point of no return decision. This was step 13, so this was the final step in removing the air intake tube.
THISS!!! you need a 90 degree pick!! I did the same thing but thankfully my husband was able to drive to the store on his way home and get one for me.
But alas I still broke the CCV line off the top of the engine 🤦🏻‍♀️. another trip to the store and some JB weld has been successful since.
Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake 20220709_124549

Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake 20220709_194037

Also look closely at all the rest of your parts before you start. My intake tube was missing a hole drilled in it. Luckily (again on the fly) I had the right size drill bit to drill the hole for the rubber grommet.
Ford Bronco K&N 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L Aircharger Performance Intake 20220709_103859

Not overly impressed with the installation instructions or the inspection of hardware before shipping, but customer service was very helpful and sent me a new evap tee. Well see how that goes...
But I do love the sound of the turbo now. Less low range turbo lag, but nothing crazy. Have been seeing about a 1-2 mpg increase in fuel economy as well.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I broke the CCV orange connector some taking it off even with the 90 pick. My blow off and turbo are noticeably louder and you can definitely hear the intake now. As far as gas mileage goes, it didn’t do anything for me. Have been at 14.7-15mpg ever since I picked her up 2000 miles ago. Bigger tires, heavier front bumper, soon to be heavier back bumper, oh and my scorcher module isn’t helping the gas mileage department. Let’s be honest though I don’t think any of us bought a bronco for the gas mileage

ken101lee

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150 V8 (5-spd), 2013 Audi S4 (6-spd)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the check engine light come on after a couple of hundred miles of driving with this K&N intake... Thanks to this thread and the person that pointed out the vent ejector tee. I just checked mine and found it got a chunk missing from it. I will try calling K&N tomorrow to get a replacement. However, reliability could be an issue unless they have improved that design already.

K_N.jpg

ken101lee

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150 V8 (5-spd), 2013 Audi S4 (6-spd)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Emailed K&N that evening, and the next morning got a reply from K&N letting me know the replacement will be shipped but no tracking on the replacement part.

Update - got the replacement tee on Saturday (same tee design) so I used hi-temperature tape to wrap around it and it is working now. Emailed K&N Wednesday night and got the part on Saturday afternoon (3-day, pretty good response time).

Last edited:

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
all this sounds like a pain in the ass , and not worth it to me .
messing with the integrity of the bronco/ warranty

they say it won't mess with warranty issue but if an engine failure were too occur first thing that will happen when it's diagnosed is it will not be covered.
my 2 centavos worth

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So this a warranty voider?

they say it won't mess with warranty issue but if an engine failure were too occur first thing that will happen when it's diagnosed is it will not be covered.
my 2 centavos worth

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Old goat yells at clouds….

my 2 centavos worth

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How much power does a K&N Intake actually gain on your Ford Bronco??🤔

We sent Cameron Alford one to install and put it on the dyno and find out just how much it would gain! ⚠ WARNING⚠ The results may shock you!

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Impressive numbers! Sounds great too. Does anyone know if K&N has addressed the plastic elbow issue that was seen in the vid and in other posts?
Sponsored