Sponsored

K&N Cold Air Intake 2.3L --install/tips and tricks ?

Untamed22

Black Diamond
First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Searched out the forum a bit and was curious if anyone can share their firsthand experience with installing this part on their Bronco- Looking primarily for tips and tricks that don't seem to present themselves in the dark black and white photos for installation... Youtube Videos mostly focus on the 2.7 install which appears to have very different parts than the K&N Part # 63-2620 which is the part that I plan to install. Your thoughts, ideas, help and other good suggestions are very much appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can read some of my saga here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...3l-aircharger-performance-intake.38441/page-2

First, make sure you have all the parts depicted in the instructions--some of my parts were completely wrong. Part N was wrong, make sure it fits into the Airbox (part O). Also my Part Y was the wrong length, but the intake will work fine without this bolt.

Second, visibly check Part U. This has been a problem for many (not for me). The elbow blows out then you get a CEL.

Finally, read my install experience and get the right tools before you start the install.

I think it's a great addition and you will feel more power and awesome sounds. I eventually added the Ford Performance calibration too.

Last edited:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The hardest part of the install is 2 part… first having the right length socket extension to get under where the intake meets the turbo to loosen the clamp. The other part that takes patience more than anything to get the O2 sensor reinstalled without pushing the rubber grommet inside the intake causing you to have to take it apart again. Part U is the main problem that can arise with it blowing out the poorly welded in plastic cap (really silly design) Mine arrived fine and had no issues for a couple thousand miles then it blew. Called K&N and told them what happened and how this is pretty common (they claimed to have no knowledge of it) they sent me 3 new ones, so now I have 2 backups. Doesn’t effect performance but will cause a check engine light and FordPass alert.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Different KN question, how can I tell if I overoiled the filter, where's the MAF sensor and how do I fix it? Gas pedal has a bit of resistance now, so I'm gonna fix it tonight after work

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People still run oiled filters on modern turbocharged engines? I had mass air sensor problems back in 2005 on my Titan that lead me away from running oiled filters. I was very methodical to avoid over oiling, but I still ended up with a light oil sludge covered in fine dust inside the length of the intake tube. In 2008 I bought a 2500 Cummins and starting reading about guys running oiled filters having turbos coated in oil and piston ring issues over time. Obviously I haven’t run a K&N on my Bronco and can’t answer the install question, but I feel like people are still being duped by their marketing and buying products that cause damage over time from poor filtration.
Sponsored