First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
This is simple......I'd like to install the K&N replacement air filter (E-0634) on a couple of 2024 2.3L Broncos, but I read a couple of reviews on the K&N and Amazon sites saying the inside diameter is different from the Ford OEM filter and thus the K&N doesn't fit well.
Has anyone here installed a K&N who could elaborate on the fit ?
Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tnkirk

Wildtrak
First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD F150LARIAT SUPERCAB ICONIC SILVER
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Perfect fit on a 2023 Wildtrak.......................................

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
perfect fit on my 2022 wildtrak

OP
OP

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades

Sponsored

Spiniker

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is simple......I'd like to install the K&N replacement air filter (E-0634) on a couple of 2024 2.3L Broncos, but I read a couple of reviews on the K&N and Amazon sites saying the inside diameter is different from the Ford OEM filter and thus the K&N doesn't fit well.
Thank you in advance.
I wouldnt buy those type of filters. They can mess with your mass airflow sensor and cause, engine to run a little rich also they dont filter out all the dust. "Ford tech, mackuloco" on youtube showes why. I had one in my 04 f150 and it seemed to dirty the oil too guickly

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldnt buy those type of filters. They can mess with your mass airflow sensor and cause, engine to run a little rich also they dont filter out all the dust. "Ford tech, mackuloco" on youtube showes why. I had one in my 04 f150 and it seemed to dirty the oil too guickly
^^^^^^^ This. K&N are called ā€œrock catchersā€ for a reason.

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you in advance.
I put a K&N in my 2.7 Badlands at 700 miles...fits perfectly...I just got back from a rally race ( I was a heavy sweep) but still on dirt roads pulling out rally cars and the filter was a mess. I have two K&N filters that I alternate and clean which works Great!!!

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put a K&N in my 2.7 Badlands at 700 miles...fits perfectly...I just got back from a rally race ( I was a heavy sweep) but still on dirt roads pulling out rally cars and the filter was a mess. I have two K&N filters that I alternate and clean which works Great!!!
They also make a cover that goes over the filter for dusty environments.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
We are aware of the "urban myth" created by a few dealerships that a vehicle's MAF sensor can be contaminated by K&N filter oil. No evidence has ever been provided to support this "myth" and years of diagnostic testing by K&N has shown that not only is this allegation not real, it is not even possible. In our opinion, it is an excuse for a dealership and/or the vehicle manufacturer to avoid a legitimate warranty repair. In the last 4 years, we have sold over 10,000,000 lifetime air filters and received only a few hundred calls from consumers who are having dealership or service provider challenges.

https://www.knfilters.com/maf/massair.htm

OP
OP

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
CLEAN ONCE EVERY 5 YEARS: Engine air filter only needs cleaning every 75,000 miles under normal highway driving conditions (5 years based on the average miles driven per year of 15,000 miles)

I''m sure they're talking about ideal southern California conditions.
I clean mine every 5 years on my 95 Dodge/Cummins that only sees a couple thousand miles a year.
For the Broncos, I plan to keep an eye on it, seeing if a 25,000 mile interval is appropriate under my operating conditions.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ve had one on pretty much every car Iā€™ve owned. Itā€™s one less thing I need to pick up when I get the stuff to do an oil change.

The one in my 2.3 fits just fine.

I clean them up every time I change the oil - they usually arenā€™t that bad if you keep at that interval. I did have one in wifeā€™s Explorer that went like 50k (I totally forgot about it - she was getting oil changed at the dealer) - no noticeable issues, it was dirty, but no real change in MPG or anything.

All that said - plenty of YouTube evidence that says they arenā€™t the best thing going and you can do better. But they have worked out ok for me

Also, FWIW - I ordered directly through K&N, not via Amazon. I try to stay away from there, I get a lot of incorrect, obviously returned and not new, or counterfeit stuff lately.

Last edited:

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you in advance.
i have a full k&n air intake fits perfect i started with air cone and just upgraded

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stick to OEM, or a high quality dry filter.

K&N will let in more debris and particles. That is just the nature of the beast.

The biggest issue is them being oiled and these being turbo'd motors. The oil will enter the turbo housing and can cause damage like scoring.

Ford Bronco K&N Replacement Air Filter 1713797691397-cz

Cliff notes: The K&N lets in a shit ton of dirt, particles, debris, etc into your engine. Absolutely dumb to run on a street car.

Wix or OEM is the way to go.
Sponsored