freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What should expect to pay to get my KC gravity pro6 light bar installed. I know its different in every state but want to some kind of base line price. For those who have them installed how is the wind noise if any. I am also thinking of adding a 3 piece KC light between the safari bar in the near future.
Sponsored

Westbayou

Wildtrak
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do it yourself. Seriously. Its like a 30-minute job, especially if you don't have a roof rack. Literally have to connect 2-wires, and 6-bolts.

Wind noise? Yes. Lots of it. But doesn't bother me much on the interstate. Can make phonecalls difficult at 80mph. "Sounds like you're in a wind tunnel" is what I hear frequently.

Bronco-Israel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do it yourself. Seriously. Its like a 30-minute job, especially if you don't have a roof rack. Literally have to connect 2-wires, and 6-bolts.

Wind noise? Yes. Lots of it. But doesn't bother me much on the interstate. Can make phonecalls difficult at 80mph. "Sounds like you're in a wind tunnel" is what I hear frequently.
No drilling?

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lights themselves mount up without any drilling at all. Remove the two covers on the roof line right above the windshield and you will find two studs on each side. The Pro6 comes with a mount that attaches to those studs and you reuse the bolts. The light bar then bolts up to the mounts provided.

Now, the light install has no drilling but if you have and want to use the auxiliary switches, the cable that goes up to the roof sits right underneath the studs. You do have to drill to gain access to the cable.

What I did to bypass this is remove the interior panels and gain access to the harness this way but I do have a cable exposed that can only be seen from the inside of the vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
frkrican2004

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would definitely try to do install myself if I had a garage and somewhere that is warm being I am in NY. I see vids of people drilling a hole and fishing wire down into the pillars so you don't have wires coming down the windshield.

Westbayou

Wildtrak
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The lights themselves mount up without any drilling at all. Remove the two covers on the roof line right above the windshield and you will find two studs on each side. The Pro6 comes with a mount that attaches to those studs and you reuse the bolts. The light bar then bolts up to the mounts provided.

Now, the light install has no drilling but if you have and want to use the auxiliary switches, the cable that goes up to the roof sits right underneath the studs. You do have to drill to gain access to the cable.

What I did to bypass this is remove the interior panels and gain access to the harness this way but I do have a cable exposed that can only be seen from the inside of the vehicle.
Any chance you have pics of the install process? Would be interested in seeing an alternativo to drilling.

GillyMan

Everglades
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
What should expect to pay to get my KC gravity pro6 light bar installed. I know its different in every state but want to some kind of base line price. For those who have them installed how is the wind noise if any. I am also thinking of adding a 3 piece KC light between the safari bar in the near future.
We installed the KCs ourselves. We went to clean route and drilled quarter inch on the soft spot underneath where the mount will go for the gravity bar. Super easy just make sure and apply plenty of silicone around it so water does not seep in. We have auxiliary switches so connx behind glove box. There's a bolt behind upper panel above sun visor for grounding. I have hard top, zero noise until 80 mpg w top off. Very faint wind noise

OP
OP
frkrican2004

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ended mounting mine to the swarkworks bracket and buying some heavy duty L brackets to secure them. Came out perfect and super sturdy.

IMG_20230314_095454_879.jpg

IMG_20230310_085236_552.jpg

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We charge $300 here.

You can order the bar from us btw: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kc-hilites-gravity-led-pro6-50-light-bar-kit-for-21-ford-bronco/

We're located here on Long Island and we include the wire hider on the side as part of the installation cost.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not very experienced in these things, but my college age son and I put these slim lights on. The whites are aux 5, the ambers are aux 6.
Ford Bronco KC GRAVITY PRO6 BAR 8CB186A0-04C7-4274-872B-C404D5B96634

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ended mounting mine to the swarkworks bracket and buying some heavy duty L brackets to secure them. Came out perfect and super sturdy.

What brackets did you use? Like the look!

RandyMc

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m not very experienced in these things, but my college age son and I put these slim lights on. The whites are aux 5, the ambers are aux 6.

I was thinking about installing some extra light on my "capable" front bumper and have not found a bull bar for light mounting, or a good method to install without a bumper swap. Seeing that you have both, where did you find the bull bar attachment, and did you drill your bumper for the light install?