First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser but new 2121 Bronco soon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes needed some input from anyone please. Just purchased the new KC Gravity Titan 50” light bar. I chopped up my wiring harness like Taylor from KC did on his video “Complete Wiring Guide for your Gravity Titan Lightbar” and used option 3. Well the Amber switch (white wire) to Aux 2 worked great. But when I connected the (red wire) to Aux 1 it worked great as well. I turned the switches off and turned my Bronco off, I then went to disconnect the s so I could do a more clean install. White wire came off without a hitch but when I went to remove the red wire, it was so hot I could barely touch it. Even had that burning throbbing feeling for a couple of days. So not sure if the 50” White light option is to powerful for the Aux 1 switch? Or maybe the wiring size is too much, meaning the red wire is a good 4x bigger that the yellow Aux 1 wire on the Bronco, could there be so much power going through the red wire and when it gets to the tiny tiny yellow wiring it can’t handle the power load. Going to attach some specs of their light bar and specs of the Bronco Aux switches and also post a picture of the red wire connection to the yellow wire. So any input would be helpful. I did order a new wiring harness in case the Titan bar is to powerful for the Bronco Aux 1 switch and I’ll just go with the old school wiring option. But that kind of defeats the purpose of the Aux switches.

IMG_6271.png

IMG_6270.png

IMG_6272.png
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm reading your post correctly, the Titian 50" is drawing 50 amps, that's way too high for any of the upfitter switches, they are only rated for 25 amps max. You will need to order a relay. The relay will be controlled by the upfitter switches, so you will not need to run a 3rd party switch solution.

Are you familiar with relays?

You should definitely not have that particular light bar hooked up directly to the switches and it will eventually melt the wires or worse.

OP
OP

texasteven

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks MileHigh,

I was kind of thinking the same thing, not real familiar with relays, I was following their instructions (YouTube video) but after watching the video it was not a 100% sure because he does mention to make sure your vehicle can handle the amps but also mentions Bronco switches, so I’m going to use my new replacement wiring harness they sent me and use their relay that is in the harness and not use the aux switches. Just will have to drill into the dash or up along the plastic trim top of the windshield.

thanks for your input helped reassure that I was wrong, I don’t want to burn down a $62k Bronco..

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks MileHigh,

I was kind of thinking the same thing, not real familiar with relays, I was following their instructions (YouTube video) but after watching the video it was not a 100% sure because he does mention to make sure your vehicle can handle the amps but also mentions Bronco switches, so I’m going to use my new replacement wiring harness they sent me and use their relay that is in the harness and not use the aux switches. Just will have to drill into the dash or up along the plastic trim top of the windshield.

thanks for your input helped reassure that I was wrong, I don’t want to burn down a $62k Bronco..
Relays are pretty easy, you can follow a YT video if you aren’t 100% sure how to do it cause they are all the same more or less.
Something like this will work then you can use your upfitter switches as intended.

https://a.co/d/hXq8dEM

Ford Bronco KC Titan Lightbar IMG_2927

Edit: Do a bit of research on the relay and if another one is recommended go with whatever is recommended, this was more an example of what to look for and I’ve never used that particular one, just wanted to give you an idea of what to look for.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pinged KC and got this response if it helps:

8b3f0ddc-d6f9-49fe-1ce1-400001015e00&sig=e9jjRAKLk.gif
Robert Byrd (KC HiLiTES)
May 22, 2024, 08:10 PDT
Hello Daylon,

Yes, the wiring for the Pro6 Titan will come with a relay included in it and the video below can help with how to wire it to the Bronco AUX switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OIfO2FpbZA

Sincerely,
Robert B.
KC HiLiTES | Customer Experience
Phone: +1 (888) 689-5955

Yes needed some input from anyone please. Just purchased the new KC Gravity Titan 50” light bar. I chopped up my wiring harness like Taylor from KC did on his video “Complete Wiring Guide for your Gravity Titan Lightbar” and used option 3. Well the Amber switch (white wire) to Aux 2 worked great. But when I connected the (red wire) to Aux 1 it worked great as well. I turned the switches off and turned my Bronco off, I then went to disconnect the s so I could do a more clean install. White wire came off without a hitch but when I went to remove the red wire, it was so hot I could barely touch it. Even had that burning throbbing feeling for a couple of days. So not sure if the 50” White light option is to powerful for the Aux 1 switch? Or maybe the wiring size is too much, meaning the red wire is a good 4x bigger that the yellow Aux 1 wire on the Bronco, could there be so much power going through the red wire and when it gets to the tiny tiny yellow wiring it can’t handle the power load. Going to attach some specs of their light bar and specs of the Bronco Aux switches and also post a picture of the red wire connection to the yellow wire. So any input would be helpful. I did order a new wiring harness in case the Titan bar is to powerful for the Bronco Aux 1 switch and I’ll just go with the old school wiring option. But that kind of defeats the purpose of the Aux switches.

Sponsored
OP
OP

texasteven

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pinged KC and got this response if it helps:

Ford Bronco KC Titan Lightbar 8b3f0ddc-d6f9-49fe-1ce1-400001015e00&sig=e9jjRAKLk
Robert Byrd (KC HiLiTES)
May 22, 2024, 08:10 PDT
Hello Daylon,

Yes, the wiring for the Pro6 Titan will come with a relay included in it and the video below can help with how to wire it to the Bronco AUX switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OIfO2FpbZA

Sincerely,
Robert B.
KC HiLiTES | Customer Experience
Phone: +1 (888) 689-5955
I used the option 3 on that video where I ran the white wire to Aux 2 and the red wire to the yellow wire Aux 1 and grounded the black wire to the ground on the frame right above where the wires to the Aux Switches are located. Both lights worked but the yellow wire that was connected to the red wire got very hot and would burn my fingers just touching it. So again I think this new light bar might be too powerful for the factory Bronco Aux Switch 1. Going to try it again and this time ground it to the battery but doubt that will matter. Just want to go with a clean look in using the Aux 1 instead of drilling a hole in the dash. I also did reach out to KC and was given this same video and some other advice but still had the same problem. But just reread his message to your ping, in the video for option 3 they remove all the supplied relay and fuse from their wiring harness and only have the white, red and black wires left. Now option 2 they leave the relay and use it with a secondary switch system like a switch pro or Auxbeam which I don’t have. Do you think if I leave the relay on like option 2 and wire the white to Aux 2, Yellow to Aux 1 and the red to battery positive and black to battery negative, again a big newbie to wiring.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can still use their harness and relay setup without cutting the dash and using their provided switch.
Just substitute Aux1 for the power wire going to their switch for the main lights, Aux2,3 etc for the amber power feed.
That way you don't have to drill any holes, you can use their harness and relay setup, and it should still be a considerably easy and clean install.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m no wiring expert but it’s clear that the lights need more than the standard aux 1 wire can push, so the relay def needs to be part of the equation.

I used the option 3 on that video where I ran the white wire to Aux 2 and the red wire to the yellow wire Aux 1 and grounded the black wire to the ground on the frame right above where the wires to the Aux Switches are located. Both lights worked but the yellow wire that was connected to the red wire got very hot and would burn my fingers just touching it. So again I think this new light bar might be too powerful for the factory Bronco Aux Switch 1. Going to try it again and this time ground it to the battery but doubt that will matter. Just want to go with a clean look in using the Aux 1 instead of drilling a hole in the dash. I also did reach out to KC and was given this same video and some other advice but still had the same problem. But just reread his message to your ping, in the video for option 3 they remove all the supplied relay and fuse from their wiring harness and only have the white, red and black wires left. Now option 2 they leave the relay and use it with a secondary switch system like a switch pro or Auxbeam which I don’t have. Do you think if I leave the relay on like option 2 and wire the white to Aux 2, Yellow to Aux 1 and the red to battery positive and black to battery negative, again a big newbie to wiring.

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please post some pics once you get everything mounted.

OP
OP

texasteven

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please post some pics once you get everything mounted.
will do this weekend but only if I don’t burn my Bronco to the

Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd def be on the phone with the KC guys before you wire anything up - got this response from them re: your issue.

What worries me is that support doesn't know what the amp ratings of the Bronco are and that they're actively supporting an install video that clearly is dangerous (super hot wire leads) and could contribute to a serious electrical problem developing.

" I dont think option 2 for the wiring would work as you would need a 50 AMP switch and I think in the Bronco it's only a 40 so for safety I would suggest going with using the supplied relay options it would still be the same as if you had an AUX beam or Spod the OEM system would just be a non-name brand. >

will do this weekend but only if I don’t burn my Bronco to the

OP
OP

texasteven

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: I got the KC Titan Lightbar installed, still wasn’t able to install it to the factory Aux switches. Appears that the lightbar is to powerful for the Aux switches so I ended up installing a Auxbeam switch panel system and was able to use option 2 of KC’s wiring choices. Now I have like 16 accessories switches which is a bit of an overkill unless you want to be a mall crawler. Still had to drill a hole on the inside on the upper plastic trim surrounding the factory Aux switches but at least all my accessories switches will be in one general location. Not a 100% satisfied with my wiring but I’m new do maybe I’ll clean it up in the future. Posting some pics but nothing really in detail of what I did.

017B3112-FB0A-43D7-BA71-EF43C8277AD5.jpeg

37C14F30-061A-47C6-ABFE-9D52A3B49585.jpeg

30F5991E-7027-4F52-89C1-B10B9AA222C5.jpeg

F5E8CEED-6F1A-4744-87EF-27EAA1713622.jpeg

FE18ED3A-A008-4922-9248-607E697106D0.jpeg

43FC0FD3-793C-4F5C-9E58-67AE019893A1.jpeg

AD7E44EA-C971-4909-BE18-2C0FC03EA014.jpeg

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! That looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the photos. Kinda regretting ordering the Baja designs onx6 light bar now lol
Sponsored